You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Night At The Library

Real Ghost Stories

Night At The Library

 

During my college days, I used to stay in hostel. I was an active member of reader's club of my college library. During winter season, our college headmaster assigned us the task of cleaning the library, as every month team of students does it.

I was along with 4 other guys and we all were close friends. Our cleaning task started after 8pm when the library was closed for readers. I decided to clean the cupboards which had some old books of literature which was really dusty.

The particular section was at the corner most area and was really spooky. From childhood whenever I have visited any strange place, a strange fear develops inside me and I feel like my hairs over body feels like there is a static electric bonding in it.

I had sensed that this portion is really haunted.

As I was cleaning the cupboard, a cold wave of wind blew over my hairs from back and the tube lights started blinking. When I turned around I saw a middle aged man dressed in black coat carrying few books in his hand staring at me. That moment made me numb.

I felt my will power becoming less and less and fear was developing in my body.

As he passed near me the tube-lights above us were blinking and he just vanished. When he passed near me I could sense a cold wave passing through me and felt some electric magnetic waves.

My face was full of sweat and as soon as he felt the lights became normal.

I really heaved a sigh of relief. But this incident clearly gave me an idea that spirits have static electricity or they can control magnetic waves or electric waves. That's the reason the lights were blinking.

I did not share this incident with any of my friends. But when I shared this incident with Librarian, I came to know that it was the spirit of a Literature Professor who still used to visit the library for his hunger of knowledge.

Other hauntings by darshan9209189691

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, darshan9209189691, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Its_me_bhushan (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
Nice story Darshan, tell me where is this library so that we can visit it and see the entity.
We are group of friends visiting haunted places and investigate it and try to make it haunting free.
Our group name is "Soul Seizers Group".
aamod_v (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-28)
maybe that professor didn't realize that he is dead and he needs to move to the world of spirits. At-least that is what I can say from what I have read over internet.
Sidharth_XX (3 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
huh.? Lol ghost searching for knowledge.? I'm srry 2 say it is hard 2 believe...
venky (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-07)
Excilent story buddy. I believe its true. You know when we disclose this things with other then only we will get some idea of all this stuff happens to other also. Many people face these weird things but they don't want to disclose
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
that was an interesting story. I would love to experience something like that. I have had experiences (like feeling like I was being watched, seein things out of the corners of my eyes, etc.) and I would find it really interesting to see a full apparation.

Peace
JustCurious
darshan9209189691 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
ai1265,book_luver123,Tonith thanks to all of you guys for your comments
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
You felt him. Fear did the rest. Lights blinked which is common with spirits. They tend to hone in on energy no matter what the source. You saw an apparition which many of us will never see so consider youself lucky not cursed.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
Perhaps it was the ghost of a old scholar or teacher from the library who was surprised to see you. ❤
ai1265 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
I hate to put the bone in an otherwise interesting story, but you cannot "feel" electromagnetic waves. Electromagnetic dispersion is not physically discernable unless we're talking massive amounts, and such amounts would knock out power in the entire area.

A good story though. I've always found ghosts near libraries fascinating... It's somehow pleasing to know people were so attached to books in life they continue to peruse them after they pass away.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: