You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Our New Whistling Pet?

Real Ghost Stories

Our New Whistling Pet?

 

My story actually begins in Oregon City, OR. It began a couple of years ago while my husband and I were on vacation, visiting my sister and her husband. We were staying at their house for the weekend.

On the last night of our visit, my husband and sister were standing in the front yard chatting, when they both heard a strange whistling. It had no apparent source, and seemed to be coming from something that was moving down the street. I was in the house at the time that they both heard the noise, but when I came out, they both told me what they had heard.

There is a school on the next block, very close to her house, that my sister had claimed to have had some unusual spiritual activity. They said that they heard the whistling sound move toward that direction. So the three of us, me, my husband, and my sister, decided to walk over to the school to check it out.

When we got to the school, we all felt as though something was watching us. We stood in the courtyard for a little while, feeling things out. It didn't seem like a typical 'haunted' feel, but there was definitely something that noticed we were there. Not sure what it was, but it didn't feel hostile or anything. We then proceeded to wander around the entire area some more. Nothing really strange happened, other than the occasional cold snap, so we decided to walk back home.

On the way back through the courtyard, it got really cold. I felt as though someone was walking right next to me. I thought I could even hear footsteps. Assuming it was either my sister or husband; I turned to say something, and realized that they had stopped quite a way back to look at something. It gave me the chills to think that something else may have been walking with me. I shrugged it off, and walked back to meet up with my little group. On our way back to my sister's house, I couldn't shake the feeling that something was coming back with us. I am assuming it was the whistler.

It was late, so we all said our goodnights and went to bed. My husband and I got into bed. I could not get warm. I was chilled to the bone. I shivered in bed for almost the entire night. The next day, my husband and I drove back to Utah.

The whistler has seemed to have followed my husband and me all the back to Utah. My husband is the one who still hears the whistling. He hears it at work, even if he's in his skid-loader with his mp3 player headphones on. He hears it at home. Every now and then, he'll ask if I've heard it too. I will hear whistling now and then, but I'll usually assume it's coming from someone outside. I don't know. He has been hearing it for almost two years now. I asked my sister if she has ever heard the whistling again, and she says that she hasn't since the last night we were there.

I have no idea what it could be. But it's definitely a strange one. It hasn't done anything harmful. Just a stray whistler who followed us home. I don't mind the whistler being here... But the thing is, I don't know what to feed it! (just kidding)

Anyone else experience something like this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dio, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dio (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
To be honest, I'm not sure what it wants, why it's here, or what it could possibly get from us.

I've tried being open to it for two years now and I honestly get nothing. I'm not sure if I have to talk to it out loud, or if it can communicate in thoughts. Does it want me, or my husband? Can it be of any help to us? And at this point, I can't tell if I've gotten so used to the energy of it that if and when it may be trying to communicate, I just don't notice anymore.

It came to us at a really bad time in *my* life, during a time that my life was turned upside-down. I had been in an extreme depressive state, when I was having issues with a medication I was taking. I was seriously suicidal at the time. Perhaps it was my weakened state that caused it to attach?

Thank goodness, I'm not in that same place emotionally anymore. But it's been a bit of a struggle getting myself back to normal. I don't think it's just *me* it wants as it seems to follow my husband to work. I don't really know.

Thank you for the comments.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
First off since the whistler is obviously attached to you all and it's already invited to your place.
Ask the whistler if it comes in the name of God.
If it does give you good intentions you might want to know what it really wants with you.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Perhaps the whistler wants you attention, maybe you should talk to it. Sorry it isn't much. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: