You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Old Man In Bedroom At Night

Real Ghost Stories

Old Man In Bedroom At Night

 

If you have read my other story about the woman on the stairs I think that this may be the husband of her!

Every time when I stayed at my aunt's house I stayed in the back bedroom of the old house and at night something occurred in the bedroom.

I first recall seeing this ghost when I first stayed over, I was about 6 at the time, and I was sleeping when I was woken up by my door opening then closing. I opened my eyes and saw nothing so I turned over and went back to sleep but about 5 minutes after I felt breathing in my ear, very heavy breathing, it was very cold as well and when I opened my eyes to see what it was I saw an old man leaning over me and staring directly into my eyes. I remember him wearing beige corduroy pants (ewww) lol and a dirty brown jacket. He was old and he had a wooden walking stick in his left hand, brown eyes and short grey hair combed back.

The weird thing about this is I felt like he was no threat to me that he meant no harm to me or anyone. I saw him many times as I was growing up. The room which he appeared in was also my mum's old room as a child and she said that he came into her room as well; she said that he was looking over her to see if she was ok.

Well I don't know if this ghost has anything to do with the woman ghost but all I know they meant no harm to anyone, I am glad of that

Please write some comments

Other hauntings by chesski

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chesski, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-30)
I would be very creeped out!
But it seems what you sense from ghosts let's you know if they are harmful or not.
ghostmedia (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-14)
This is quite scary. I wouldn't think this man is trying to hurt you either. If it isn't actually your house, then it may have lived there, or be haunting your Aunt. Try talking to it, I always find that fun.
Beccca http://www.ghostmedia.webs.com
devilchild (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
how long has your aunt been living there? Was there someone in your family that might have passed away in that same house? I thought that maybe someone did, or someone else nonrelated to you or your family, and maybe they're just watching over you to make sure everything's alright with you and your family that are staying in that house.
If the spirits as you call them, aren't doing any harm, I think you should try comunicating with them, to find out who they are. Maybe it's someone who knew you or someone else in your family. Perhaps a close friend? I believe that they are just watching over you, protecting you.
chesski (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
the thing is with this spirt is although you feel no harm from him, it is quite hard to speak. I have tried to say hi to him but its like there is a zip on my lips that forbid me to say hi, so I just turn over 😕
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
This spirit seems to just want to say hi to you, perhaps saying hi to him would be considerate. ❤
polok (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
this spirits lived on that place and those spirits are good ones just try to feel and talk to them

They will talk for sure
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
Sounds like the old fellow's an almost grandfatherly sort, checking to make sure the youngsters are okay.

It's nice to be reminded that not all encounters are terrifying, hair-raising ones!
chesski (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
well my mums mum moved in, in 1956 and the house was built in 1812 (it has it on the side of the building) it hasnt been passed on but my mum was brought up in it and was passed to my aunt when my mums mum died, if that makes sense lol.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
wow... Ummmm, I don't know if I missed reading somewhere...
But how long has your aunt's family been living there? Seems to me that the house is an old one and is being passed over generations. Let me know...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: