You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Crying Girl, Moving Furniture, Scary Looking Double & Things

Real Ghost Stories

Crying Girl, Moving Furniture, Scary Looking Double & Things

 

From the time I was young I always noticed weird things. I always passed it off as my over active imagination as I was taught to believe that ghosts don't exist. Nothing strange has happened in a while but I recently (almost a year ago) moved out of a house that I believe was probably the most haunted house I've ever been in.

It was probably some time in June 2007 that we moved from one- possibly haunted house (but that's a totally different story) to another house that was closer to my school. We were renting it out for a while until my mother could buy a new house. We lived there for about a year and a half and I never really found it creepy- not like the other houses we lived in. The only thing that freaked me out was the fact that above the door frame of the entrance hall, hung a small crucifix (wooden with a silver Jesus hanging on it). I'd never stay home alone at night because I would always just feel afraid for nothing. The weird things started happening a few months before we moved house again.

I came home from school one day with my boyfriend and we found my older sister sitting in my room with the door closed. I asked her what she was doing in my room and she told us that she was frightened. She told me that she was listening to music in the lounge and she saw, in the reflection of the TV, that something was standing behind her. She said when she turned around there was this terrifying "thing" standing behind her. She said it was only there for a moment and then it disappeared. My boyfriend and I went into the lounge and looked everywhere and there was nothing. I told her that it was probably her mind playing tricks on her (I didn't really believe her because she is forever seeing 'things')

A month or two later my boyfriend and I were at my house alone. He was lying on my bed and I had gone to the bathroom. I heard him calling my name. I called back to him so that he could know I was in the bathroom. He fell silent but I didn't think much of it. When I went back to the bedroom he looked really freaked out. At first he just said it was nothing but when I asked him again he said that he was sure that he saw me standing in the doorway looking at him. He said that the expression on my face looked scary. I told him that it wasn't me standing in the doorway because I was in the bathroom. He insists that it was me he saw; he just says I looked "scary". He doesn't believe in ghosts. Is it possible for ghosts to imitate a person's image or was it just his imagination?

The next incident happened on the 6th December (2008) my birthday. I had some friends over and everything was fine until about midnight or just before midnight. My boyfriend had just gone home with his brother and it was just me and my two male friends sitting in the lounge. I could see that they felt uneasy but none of us said anything. I felt very cold and asked them if we could go and sit in my room rather than the lounge. One of my friends thought he was smart and he said that he wasn't coming with us. I told him that if he didn't come out of the lounge I was going to turn off the light and close the door and leave him in there. He said fine, so I did it. My other friend and I went to my room. After a while my mom came into my room and asked where my other friend was. I told her he was alone in the lounge. My mother went to go and see what he was doing. A moment later he came into my room. He looked pale and said that the furniture in the lounge was moving and that he could see "things" moving around in the lounge. I told him it was nothing. The lights were off so he was probably imagining things. He also says that he felt like he couldn't move.

While he was talking to me I saw a shadow on the floor. It was very black- if that makes any sense- and flat and it looked almost tangible. The shadow moved across the floor and up the wall onto the ceiling and then it disappeared into the corner of the ceiling. I felt extremely cold when I was looking at it and I felt like I couldn't look away. I don't have any logical or rational explanation for this.

Things got really strange after that.

I would wake up at about two or three in the morning almost every night. I was sure that I had woken up because some one had awoken me or sometimes I would be sure that some one had been whispering in my ear and that's what had woken me up. Sometimes I would wake up and be sure that some one had shoved me. Only twice am I dead sure that someone had been whispering in my ear because at the time I had not been fully asleep and I had heard it: whispering right in my ear, indistinguishable words, and I had felt the cold breath on my ear. I just ignored it.

The next incident was one that sounds pretty lame but I'm positive that I saw it... A white semi-transparent ball that was floating around my room. It moved up near my light and I called for my sister because I was afraid and then it disappeared.

The last incident is, for me, the scariest- maybe I'm just a wimp.

It was maybe two weeks before we moved into the house that I am currently staying in (which I am glad to say is ghost free). I was up late text messaging with my boyfriend when suddenly I could hear the furniture moving. It was loud like some one was dragging it across the whole floor. Then there were banging noises on the wall, like some one was pushing the couches against the wall. Our furniture is old so it also groans and makes creaking noises when you sit on it and I could hear those noises too. My older sister was sleeping next to my little sister in the room next to mine. She sent me a text messages 'Can you hear that?' so I sent her one back saying 'yes. The furniture is moving. Ignore it' her response is what scared me the most. She said "No, not that. There is a girl crying really loudly. It sounds like she's walking up and down in the hall. Please come to my room I'm scared."

Of course, coward that I am, I refused to go to her room. I told her that if she was scared she should come to my room. She wouldn't come to my room either. We were both too frightened that the crying girl was in the hallway.

I never heard the crying girl myself, but my aunt who lives with us says that she once thought she heard a girl crying at night too. She thought it was my little sister but my little sister was asleep when she went to go and check. My aunt just assumed my sister had made the noise in her sleep.

We told my aunt that we thought it was a ghost- she's very open minded- and she made a joke. She said that maybe the ghost was crying because it didn't want us to move out.

What do you think, really a haunted house or just my overactive imagination?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

666devilchicks (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-21)
❤ some things have started happening to me too like voices feelings of not being alone and a scary black figre who hides at the corner of my vision.
Any one if you can help PLEASE DO!

❤ razzberry 😊
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Wow the last 1... (Don't worry, you are not a wimp! Ha-ha) anyways I need to tell you something...

1. If its dark, you MIGHT see things moving around, especially if you have been experiencing things before...

2. About the "orb" you saw, it could have been a lamp,flashlight, or another kind of light might have reflected off something? If there was a window behind/at the side of you something could have shined through?

3. When your boyfriend saw "you" in the doorway... Well demons are supposed to be able to take the form of someone else, but scarier (Claws, Horrifying expressions...etc)

Notes: Obviously, whoever lived there before you, knew that house was haunted! (Crucifix)
The little girl obviously lived there before... And chances are... Died there too... But for all these things to happen I think she was asking for help

I think a demon and little girl are haunting that house obviously...
Cat (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-11)
first up thanks for the feed back... Just to answer some of the questions
1.the crucifix was there when we moved in. It was a creepy vibe I guess; nothing looked strange about it.

2.I don't think my mother saw anything and even if she did she wouldn't tell me; she raised me not to believe in ghosts.

3. I didn't feel threatened or anything by the whidpering

Sorry that the story was so long 😳
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
I don't know what to say but if more than just one person heard or saw something then it wasn't imagination. I also would still go to your sister then if I were you and I would stay there with her so maybe it wouldn't be so scary. Not only that I'd yell at the ghosts to knok it off and leave. I would also not think ghost were moving the furniture.I'd be afraid that someone was stealing the furniture.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Wow, amazing story. Just a few questions though:

1. Paragraph 2: Why did the small crucifix freak you out? Did you get a creepy vibe from it? Or was it something about the way it looked?

2. Paragraph 3: Did your boyfriend seem to believe your sister? How do you feel about what she said now? Can your sister describe the 'thing'?

3. Paragraph 4: Have you heard of a Doppelganger? Do you think that could be what your boyfriend saw? (Not meaning to freak you out in anyway.) Can your boyfriend describe the 'scary' look?

4. Paragraph 5: Did your mother see anything strange? Moving furniture? Moving 'things'? Do you think the friend suffered some sort of daytime 'sleep paralysis' when he couldn't move?

5. Paragraph 6: I can't think of any explanation for this. Did anybody else see this shadow? What sort of emotions did you feel when watching the shadow?

6. Paragraph 7: How did you feel when this 'thing' was whispering to you?

7. Paragraphs 11-14: Hahah, do you think the little girl might have actually been sobbing because you were leaving? Did you try to find any information about the house's past? Maybe the little girl was related to the house in some way?

I apologise for the ridiculous amount of questions. 😢 I certainly believe the house is haunted, not everything mentioned in your story can be put to your imagination.

God Bless.
LTskittles125 (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
I would say its not your imagination. How could your mind make you think your funiture is moving? That is next to impossible. And about that shadow that you saw that is of no threat to you what soever. I have heard of them before. I forget what they are called but that is nothing to worry about. Well it doesn't sound like your imagination. Good thing you moved though. I wouldn't beable to stay there with all the noises.

❤ lindsay
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
In reference to my 5th question (just to clarify). I was questioning about the incident in which a little sister was asleep and the aunt checked on her. I was not questioning about the sisters text messaging each other.

I suppose we'll have to wait to hear back from the OP
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Defenetly NOT YOUR IMAGINATION! I believe that you & your friends saw those things. Its good that your not liveing there anymore!

Tori ❤
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Well If about 3 or more people have seen stuff like that doubt it is just your imagination. ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Wow, People cough in their sleep and talk and other thing in their sleep and also your birthday decemeber 6 th wow my is december 5th.
monoxide (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
WOW creepy stuff:/
That sounds so cool
Though hobbyholly is right lol
Why did you shut your friend in the lounge and switch the lights off?
No offence just a random thing to do haha
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
LOL sorry I meant to put rude not right. ><'

I hope I don't sound rude*

Typo LOL
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
That story was long but good ^^
Also, hobbyholly, I hope I don't sound right but I'm going to try to answer just two of your questions.

Well, for 2), wasn't the reason she believed her sister was because her friend had seen the 'thing', and so had she? Perhaps the 'things' her sister saw were all real?

And for 5), If those noises could have been made in their sleep, shouldn't they have been asleep? Both girls were awake at that time. Although if it wasn't for that you could be right.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Alright. Just a few questions on this Beast of a Story (no offense... Little long).

1."The only thing that freaked me out was the fact that above the door frame of the entrance hall, hung a small crucifix (wooden with a silver Jesus hanging on it)."-Was the cross there when you moved in? Also, how many moves are in this story? 3?

2. In regards to the older sister sitting in the lounge: " (I didn't really believe her because she is forever seeing 'things') "- I think you kind of answered yourself right there. Looking back now do you believe her?

3. Your birthday and the friend sitting in the lounge: your mother checked on him. Did she see furniture move? Or anything strange? I don't understand why you would turn the lights out on someone and leave them to sit alone in the dark... But whatever

4. While talking to this friend you flipped the lights out on: you saw a shadow. Were you in front of a window and a car had driven by? Only explanation/theory I have for that.

5. "my aunt who lives with us says that she once thought she heard a girl crying at night too. She thought it was my little sister but my little sister was asleep when she went to go and check. My aunt just assumed my sister had made the noise in her sleep." - Very well could be. Some people talk in their sleep. And yes sometimes people make whimpering noises. How old are all of you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: