You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunted House I've Been Living In

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted House I've Been Living In

 

Firstly, I would like to apologise if I've made any grammatical or spelling mistakes since English is not my first language. This is my mum's story. It happened back when we lived in our previous home. I was lucky not to meet or experience anything though. I could still remember when my dad told me in the morning that my mom had a sleep paralysis the previous night. This happened three times.

She would feel something sitting on her face, suffocating her in her sleep and disabling her from moving. Of course, she recited prayers and holy verses of the Koran. Eventually, the 'thing' would leave and when she opened her eyes, she would see a black mass floating out of her room through her bedroom window. In one of the occasions, she would feel that the thing sitting on her face is hairy.

In another encounter, she was in her bedroom ad suddenly she saw ME passing by her bedroom door and out to the living room. She went after 'me' calling out my name but when she heard me replying to her call, she was spooked out. My voice was heard from MY ROOM, instead of the LIVING ROOM! She hurriedly went to my bedroom and opened the door. I was in there, doing my homework. She asked me if I went out of the room a few moments back but the answer was negative. Only then she told me what happened.

It is well known that toddlers can see these paranormal beings. This also happened to my youngest brother when he was a toddler at that house. My brother would look up onto the ceiling and looked like there was something crawling there to and fro. My father noticed his behaviour and sometimes looked in the direction where he was looking at and found NOTHING not even a lizard or a moth. Eventually, my brother would shut his eyes abruptly as if something was scaring him but wouldn't cry.

Eventually, we moved out of the house one year and a month later because of my dad's job transfer. The very next day, another tenant (we rented the house) moved in. A few years later, we met the current tenant of the house (who moved in after the day we moved out) at a friend's house. The wife suddenly asked my mom if we ever experienced anything paranormal at the house they're currently staying in. My mom replied yes and soon she was telling my mom about the figure passing by her bedroom door, and other eerie stuff.

It has been over nine years since we moved out of the house and now we are living in a new house that we own. There are several occurrences in the house which are experienced by almost everyone in the household including me, but that will be told later in another post.

Anyway, thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by -_Syeetaque_-

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, -_Syeetaque_-, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Believer4Sure (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
that sounds really creepy! Id be scared out of my mind! 😭 😭
*=Believer4Sure=*
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-07)
Yup... Creepy... Tell me about it...
Lol... Surely I know the feeling... 😆
ChEnGzKiE (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-07)
woah, my younger sister keeps looking on some corner or yeah, the ceiling too but when you look at it there's nothing there! Creepy...
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
Sorry... I made a mistake there... Note that the thing on the ceiling, it wasn't like crawling to and fro on the ceiling, but it's more like it was crawling around the ceiling like a lizard does but a little bit faster (based on the how my little brother's eyes movement), but only there was nothing there... Scary... 😨
Sergeant (3 stories) (98 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Thank you for that Syeetaque.

I've heard a couple accounts where "Phantom" members are seen in a house. Every time it creeps me out.

Great story!
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
What on a ceiling goes back and forth? 😕I sure don't have any idea. Great story by the way. ❤
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
And if its only a series of sleep paralysis, then how do you explain my brother's behavior and the figure that passed by my mom's bedroom door...? She wasn't asleep at all at that time...
Anyway, thanks for all your comments... I appreciate them very much...

Near that house was another house that's been abandoned due to a suicide case...
Rumors have said that the ghost of the woman who died there could still be seen from time to time, sometimes doing laundry outside the house, eventhough no one lives there anymore... Her husband moved away after the suicide case... She could be seen during late in the afternoon, near dusk...

However, I could find no relevancies between my story and this house... And I never got to prove the authenticity of it... 😊
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
uhuh... Yeah I'd say so myself... There wasn't only sleep paralysis in hand... My mother is sensitive... And if there's something wrong in a certain place, she would be the one who experience it... Usually, anywhere she goes, there would be something that she experiences...
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Yes, it does sound like typical sleep paralysis. I would say that's all it was except for the new people experiencing much of the same. If the new tenants had some of the same happenings chances are it wasn't all sleep paralysis on your mother's part. She could be sensitive and seems like these people have more trouble ignoring the paranormal than the rest of us.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Yeah, it would always work if we force our energy to fight back the pinning force...
I experience such thing myself... But that will come in another submission...
jane_doe (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Nothing such has happened to me, but my mother told me stories about when she was young. And a time when she woke up to find she couldn't move her arms, because, something was pinning her down to the bed. Frightened; she found the strength to pull her arms up and throw the presence away from her. I don't recall any more stories but that one I remember most.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Maybe I did experience something, but I was quite young at that time, aging 9 or 10. Now I am 19 years old, so if I had any encounter I wouldn't have remembered it clearly... Or I would think it as my wild childish imagination... However, there's something crossed my mind from that house...
I remember seeing somekind of light was on the wall of my bedroom... It was small and didn't move at all... But I thought it was funny because there were no cracks on the door at that time... I can't recall it vey well but I think the light switched from dim to bright and vice versa... But until today, I consider it as my childish imagination... Haha 😆
geekonme239 (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Well written story. But didn't you experience anything odd at that house too? I mean, I expect you did. And I'll certainly wait for your next story.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
A very well wtitten story. I think I will wait for your next submission before I make any comment. I was expecting the end of your story to finish of with you never experianced anything again, I was wrong.

Surya

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: