You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Hallows Eve Ouija Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Hallows Eve Ouija Experience

 

This is a true story some don't believe me but I thought that I should share because I wanted a more vivid explanation of what happened that night. Note that I am 14 years old but this is a true story.

It was Halloween, and I was visiting my grandmother and she is of Wiccan decent. She told me that made me Wiccan too. So on Halloween my grandmother said it would be respectful to do a ceremony to respect the dead. So my friend and I Zach dressed up in makeshift ceremonial gowns and robes. We went into the empty clearing near the old village near my grandmother's. Zach and I wanted to do more than just do a ceremony. So Zach brought his Ouija board from his mother's closet. And we started. AT first we did a little prayer of course to prevent from anything bad happening to us like takeovers. Before the ceremony I remember getting an instant headache and my hairs were at end. Zach asked me what's wrong and I said that I felt a presence. He said it was probably my nerves so we went on.

When we started we asked the four questions that we thought were most important.

"Is there a spirit with us?"- The Ouija board slid too yes slowly.

"What is your gender?"

"What is your name?"-the name spelled Anniya Marie (I'm wondering if it was meant too sound like Anna Marie)

The last question was "Are you angry" the pointer stayed still for about 30 second and then I shot to yes.

Zach and I felt that there were some more question to be answered. We were both a little scared from the sudden answer.

Finally Zach asked "Are you a bad spirit?" - The board spelled 'times' (does that mean yes?) I was confused.

But what really got me was when I asked "will you hurt us?"- The bored went to territory.

After that night I had frequent headaches and I would often see things in the corner of my eye but maybe it was a coincidence. But was it a coincidence that the next morning Zach and I had very similar scratches on our backs the next morning?

What if something followed us home?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jginkx94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ohh-nahh (1 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Everyone knows that using those boards are a garentee bad luck. Those scratches are pretty scary though, definite bad sign. Hopefully you guys are algoods now. Next time, leave the ouija boards ALONE.
daisyroger (2 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2010-12-03)
Hey yes iv herd sum bad stuff about those boards and iv also heard to stay away from those kinds of things
And yer good luck with the weirdness xx

😊
seesthings626 (31 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
I try to keep outa those 😳
They are not worth getting into 😕
I have added you as a favourite!
Thanx

Cait ❤
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
I have some trouble with spiritual war fare when I come to this site as well. This site alone. There are other sites, but this one...IDK. Somethings goin on & I'd rather not say why, because it's not appropriate to say now & I don't want to mess with immature comment posters who e-fight for a living 😊 But I feel yah little one.

~LSD~
seesthings626 (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
ok this has got NOTHING at all to do with this storiy but EVERY time I come on this site my hand gets REALLY cold like to cold even if I'm boiling hot...! 😨 😭 why?
seesthings626 (31 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
Something followed you home. I am 13 but I know a lot about the paranormal. Ouiji board, BAD idea. They are not good... You have to REALLY know how to use them for them to be a little bit safe. Scratches arent a good sign at all so I sugest you seek help because things may get ALOT worse. (its happened to me) 😨 😳 😐
ghosty_boy (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-21)
kinda weird, but just before the bit where you get a head ache I got one>
mairijeaan (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-13)
1) Your grandmother being Wiccan does not make you Wiccan too.

2) She should have known better than to let you play with a ouija board PERIOD.

3) A simple prayer will not suffice to keep you safe from a spirit, ESPECIALLY NOT ON SAMHAIN.

4) Yes, something followed you home.

5) This was an extremely bad idea.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2009-11-25)
I was told wiccans don't play with ouija boards as part of there faith
Anathema (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-11)
There is a possibility that something followed you home. But you need to be careful with Ouija boards. They are not games. I've witnessed a possession from one once and (as it was only me and another girl) it could easily have been me that got possessed. My advice: despite your obsession with ghosts, stop playing with a Ouija board. None of the spirits that contact you through one of those things will be friendly and they have a bad habbit of lying. They do it a lot.

Oh, and as a side note, her name was probably meant to sound like Anya, not Anna, if that wasn't the real spelling of her name. That's what it seemed like to me. Names, however, aren't important.

Hope things are going well and that the spirits are not troubling you.

Blessed be.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
Alright. THIS time I am back as I have read the story, and not just a comment that struck me from the initial page. I need to tell you that I have not read ALL the comments, so I may repeat something. If I do, I am very sorry.
Someone has probably told you this, but just because your Grandmother is Wiccan, that does NOT make YOU Wiccan. That would be like me saying that my Father is a Baptist, so therefore so am I. Not the case. It is a CHOICE, and NOT something that you get from birth, such as your nationality.
I am curious. Were you given any kind of instruction for doing this ceremony (whatever one that may have been), out of respect, from your Grandmother? I do not read that she went along, so how is it that you did this? Just winging it?
To tell you the truth, most Wiccans do not even do anything on the actual Halloween day. It is just too hard to concentrate on a ritual when trick or treaters are banging on your door. This day is referred to in modern Gaelic as Samhain, which means, "End of the Summer". It is a day to reflect, and to say goodbye to the warm bright months that have passed and welcome the changing cycle into winter.

My OPINION on what the "board" meant by saying "times" when asked "Are you a bad spirit?"...
How about... "AT times?" Pretty human response, if you ask me.
The BOARD went to territory? Does Zach's Mother have one of the ancient boards, or did it spell out the word territory?
Thank you.
CiaraFarrelly_ (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
Hmm that's strange I would never do an oija bored... You have to be carefull tho if it goes territoral ask the spirit to leave you alone
Ciaraaa ❤
Jginkx94 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
hmm ghost are my obsession you maybe right now that I do think of it that would make a lot of sense and
Sweet deanie I do believe you are rite I never actually thought about it like that She said maybe to respect them and I thought it was a good idea at the time.
Pandora0791 thank you for the recommendation I will definately check out those stories
eyelovehotdogs (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-07)
In our country, it's very dangerous to use the ouija board espcially when you don't know how you will start and end using that. People who are knowledgeable to use it starts with a prayer or ritual before using it and when they're done they will also end it with a ritual... That is to keep the spirits from coming out.
pandora0791 (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
Jginkx94: I urge you to read a story (a terrifying ouija board story). It's a bit of a read but a good one for sure; one that would (in my opinion) keep anyone from further use of a board (especially one as young as yourself).

(in Google search engine type) "inviting the demon a true ouija board story"

The link won't work, hmmmm?

Story starts out- "I'm 30 years old..."

Best of luck to you and God bless,
B~
ghostsaremyobsession666 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
do you think maybe when it said 'times' that it meant like its a bad spirit at times?
And when it said territory maybe it meant it won't hurt you when your not in its territory?
SweetDeanie (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
When you're grandmother said about doing a ceremony to respect the dead, I highly doubt she meant for you, an inexperienced teenager without any understanding of wicca, ghosts/spirits/demons to dabble with a potentially dangerous tool such as the ouija board. I don't see how using a ouija board for your own entertainment is respecting the dead in any way, if anything it's disrespecting them.
Jginkx94 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
Thank ou for your comments and casper I will get on the research right away I do believe it but I'm as so much attached to ay certain rlegion. We tried to get rid of the bored many times without actually "throeing it away" but my grandma always seemed to find itso yea the headaches stoped a few weeks ago. I know not to use the ouija board anymore because it may have attracted some evil spirits
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
Ah, but that is so untrue of Spirits lying. Spirits do not lie as they are free to roam between the "Heavens" and this realm. They are the "perfect beings" (though there is only One that IS perfect) with the absence of a body form.
Now GHOSTS, on the other hand, can lie their little hind ends off without thought to any consequence as they are merely life impaired individuals who are stuck in this realm. They have never made it to The Other Side and need to be sent there. Their personalities are the same as when they were live.
Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
Hello Casp3r
Yes, I realise this is Jginkx94's story, but I thought I would comment on something that I saw in YOUR comment to the story.
Your OPINION may be that Ouija Boards are for D.A's, but you really do not have to let that come across as if it is truth. An opinion is an opinion, and should be presented as such.
Forgive me for allowing my interpretation of words to make this comment.
Thank you
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
Just a few things upon this...

From: Tonith
I do think it can be used as a tool for communication but only for those that can use it without superstition and fear.

I RELLEY don't believe you said that, I take it you know nothing about them, it is not a toy or game... Why they sold them as in the 60's I cannot say.

Cspar3,book_luver123, Hopyfull23, vicuttie8 and Surya good anserwers...
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
Thanks for the lesson on the Wiccan faith Surya. We do seem to love our traditions and rituals despite what faith we honor. Most of us know that many of our traditions stem from other cultures and beliefs. This is a given if one read history.
I don't know what happened to you and your friend but I would think suggestion had a lot to do with it. Scratches happen and we don't even know where we got them most of the time. I have had black and blue marks I don't recall having happened but we dismiss so much going about our daily routine.
As far as the ouija board, to me that is suggestion and subconscious at work in most cases. I do think it can be used as a tool for communication but only for those that can use it without superstition and fear.
Casp3r (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
P.S.
Spirits were once living breathing people,
They can lie just like we can
Casp3r (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
object number one - Wiccan is a religion, if your grandmother is wiccan, that doesn't mean you are unless you have studied the religion, understand it and believe in it.
Object number two - ouija boards are for dumb asses. If you wish to communicate with spirits there are other ways that generally attract positive entities such as the
Pendulum. Ouija boards are known to attract spirits with rather negative energies.
Object number three - to dispell a negative spirit you must first believe that you have control, which is true, only you and your friend have control over yourselves. You need to tell this pressence to leave you alone and that it is not welcome in either of your lives. Ouija boards are dangerous, they are not toys. Not even professionals try to use them. I am of the wiccan religion, my mother is christian as is my grandmother, my sister is pagan. There for your religion has nothing to do with your families religion unless that is what you truely believe in. Study up on wiccan, and while you are at it, read some stories about ouija boards, none of them will be GOOD experiences.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
I suggest that you go see a medium and ask for some help, scratches are never a good sign.
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
From this story it seems the spirit was giving you unclear answers. Unclear answers to me mean that the spirit is trying to find away around telling the truth when telling the truth would mean saying that it is an evil spirit. Make sure you say clearly, answer with a yes or a no answer only. I advise you not to use the board again, as you can see what happens when you use one. Thanks for sharing!

-Hope
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Well that is an interesting story. If the sprit left scratches on you & your friends back that cannot be good. I would stay away from that board, if I were you.

Tori ❤
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Respect the dead, from what little I know of Wiccan, Wicca does not place an emphasis on the afterlife, focusing instead on the current one.

Halloween, or Samhain as it is traditionally called, is one of the commonly celebrated holidays in the Wiccan religion. While it has been adapted into the child-friendly holiday of Halloween that centers on costumes and candy, Samhain is actually a time of remembrance and reverence. Here are some suggestions for celebrating Wiccan Halloween.
Ways Wiccan celebrate Halloween

Carve a pumpkin. Most people think that pumpkins are carved into jack-o-lanterns at Halloween to create a spooky centerpiece, but the carving of pumpkins traces back to the Wiccan tradition of using this seasonal gourd to symbolize the dual god and goddess that Wiccans worship. When picking up pumpkins for kids or neighbors, buy one for yourself and carve it with a moon or sun to represent the deities. Toast and eat the seeds in appreciation of the fruits of the season.

Light a candle. Samhain is a time to remember those who have been lost over the past year and to acknowledge that they are still with us in spirit. Light a candle and place it in a window (one that is free of drapes, curtains or other flammable materials) to help light the way for the spirits of those who have passed away.

Pick some apples. Apples are a traditional fruit of the autumn season, but they actually play key roles in multiple Samhain rituals. Make a dish with fruits of the seasons like apples or pomegranates to celebrate the bounty of the earth. Bury the seeds afterwards to usher in new growth for the next year's harvest. Cut an apple in half, place five bay leaves in the center in the shape of a star, and bind the halves back together with black or red ribbon. Bless the offering in a traditional Samhain ritual and bury it afterwards as a symbol of love for the God and Goddess.

Leave food for the departed. Most of us only think to leave plates of food out at night when we are expecting someone jolly and bearing gifts, but the tradition is really rooted in Wiccan tradition intended to honor the dead and help them depart the land of the living peacefully. Leave a plate of food in the window where you place your candle and think of any loved ones you have lost over the past year as you do so. Choose foods of the season such as corn, nuts, gingerbread, seasonal fruits and vegetables and cider or, if you are making the offering in remembrance of a specific loved one, leave foods that were their favorites.

Light a fire. Bonfires are great for keeping away the chill of a crisp early autumn evening, but they are also symbolic during Samhain. After lighting your bonfire take a moment to write down any aspect of your life that you want to get rid of; it can be a part of your personality, something that has been causing you unnecessary stress or worry or a negative situation that has left you with feelings of anger, worry or regret. Focus on why you feel you need to be rid of this thing and how doing so will better your life. Cast the paper into the bonfire and watch it burn. As you do, imagine that negative aspect disappearing with the ashes of the bonfire and let it go.

So whatever made you go and play with a board that has totally baffled seeings you claim your grand mother is of wicca descent. That should make your mom one as well no.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: