You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Love My Ghost, Nano

Real Ghost Stories

I Love My Ghost, Nano

 

I read a lot of ghost stories about scary spirits that haunt you, so this might be a change for most readers here.

At about 14, I lived in an apartment centre in downtown Norfolk with my mom. After a few weeks moving in, I started school, and I hated being the new guy.

The first night was on a Friday, I don't remember the day, but I was freaked out. The school week was over and I was very tired, I was almost asleep when I heard a woman's voice. I thought it was my mom, but it was too femanine. I tried to sleep a second time, but when I heard the voice a second time, I was freaked, turned all the lights on and woke-up my mom, I asked her if she heard a voice, of course she didn't.

That night I didn't sleep a wink. I waited for the voice, but it never came. Since I kind of believed in ghosts and stuff, I asked the landowner next day if anybody died in the apartment, he said no; he never had any problems with our apartment. I wanted answers so I stayed home the rest of the day and got my mom to stay at her friend's house that night. I turned out the lights and stuff like I heard you have to, and she came back. This time I expected her to give me a message or hurt me, but that wasn't the case. I tried to talk to her, but she didn't speak, I felt like giving up and accepting I was crazy. I lay on my bed and looked at the ceiling with the lights off that seemed to have done something. I heard a humming and calm murmur, which was all I needed to prove it to me.

Sunday my mom came back, I didn't tell her what happened but I tried again that night. The ghost returned, and she sounded a whole lot open, I swore she said "Hello". From that day forward, I tried to contact her every night, sometimes she would never show-up, but most of the time she just whispered or brushed by me. I named her Nano because when I ask her name, I get no response, and I like that name.

At school I talk about it like its a joke, but I know she's really there. Two and a half years later my mom wanted to move to TN, I was VERY sad with that news. The next month I tried to explain to Nano that I was leaving, but I could tell she couldn't understand. The day came, and I left that old apartment and moved into a three-room house in Willomson County, I took the upstairs room and just sat around for a few days. I missed Nano, and I thought id never be happy without her company. But on June 14, 2008, that night... She came back, best day of my life. I now live in an apartment in Willomson County; Nano speaks more clearly and some nights lies with me and rubs my head. Not that I'm crazy or anti-social, but I don't date due to her might leaving me. I shared this story because not-only its true, I wanted to show the other side of ghosts.

Thank you and please comment!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lone_Tear, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
Hmmmmmmm yea I have a similar experience except I'm still freaked out about seeing... Them and to bored4life I'm not trying to be rude but yea they're cool and all but once you finally see one your like are you frikin serious when I saw one for the first and second time in my life which has been very very short I am only twelve but when I saw one and I was being stupid and told my mom who doesn't believe me. My dad says he'll protect me but he's always at work and when he gets home he's passed out. It gets lonely sometimes and I have to watch my back every second and people see me staring at nothing and they assume"oh she's one of those creepy psychic people. Better stay away" whoever you may be. Be thankful that you don't have to hug a bible out of fear at night and worry what might happen during devil's hour and stay up until it passes and then see something pull at your blanket and your like OH CRAP NOT AGAIN! And start yelling to leave you alone. Just thought you'd like to know I never wanted this and I gotta pray nothing attempts to hurts me at night God bless~Katherine~ ❤ ❤ ❤
bored4life101 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
This is really cool! Thanks! Id like to see ghosts but I can't: (, sad, so then I read these stories, post more stories please! 😆
SilentPariah (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-14)
It is always touching to hear a story about people that have attachments to spirits. The relationship you share with Nano is not something most people get to experience. Cherish every moment of it. As for why she doesn't seem to say much, perhaps it is because she simply doesn't have the energy required to do so. It is known that spirits manifest themselves by using energy from their surroundings. What I would suggest doing is getting a couple of car batteries and bringing them up to your room. Then talk to Nano and tell her that she can use the car batteries to manifest herself.

Hope this helps!

The Silent Pariah
toatalrockprincess001 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-31)
it's so sweet that you love nano. I would just love to have a ghost as some sort of friend. Good luck with nano.

God Bless You!
Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-06)
A relationship with those who are not dead, nor alive. Nano likes you, she loves having you around. Every second you are with her she feels happy. And you stand by her, in a way that some wouldn't.
montanagurl (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
Wow! I have never heard of an experience such as yours. Has there ever been a time when you were afraid of her or has she ever spoken anything that you understood?

Cool and creepy at the same time, thanks for sharing your story.
ickxtan (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
Wow! I had a similar experience like yours since I was a kid. Unfortunately, he left without saying a word. It would be nice to have such wonderful friend even when we grow old. Don't you think so?
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-07)
Wow Nano sounds awesome. Nano is a awesome name. Perhaps she was confused that how you said you were leaving, but she was going to be around even after the move.
bookworm93 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-07)
I would love to have a ghost like that. Nano seems very nice. I think it's lovely that an actual GOOD paranormal experiance happened to someone for once.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
iv never heard of a spirit being as close to anyone like Nano is to you have you ever spoken to her about the fact if she minded you dating I don't think she would mind after all you have to lead your life too you said you were not anti social so she dosent seem to interfer in your personal life... Has she ever said to you that she would like to cross over into the light or is she your gurdain angel... Its a lovley story your really luckey...
billiegene_95 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
wow.
I think that's pretty cool.
That you have some kind of
A relationship with a ghost (;
ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
um dude, I might be crazy but ther's no possible way you can have any type of relationship with a ghost... 😐
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
What sort of emotions do you feel when Nano is around? Does she seem to like being named Nano? Do you think Nano might be a Guardian Angel? Have you ever seen her apparation?
I'm glad that not everybody has to see the bad sides to the paranormal. 😁

God Bless.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
Hmmmmm...
And how long have you been talking to Nano?
Does this mean you are really assuming that she's somekind of your girlfriend? No offense... 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: