You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Latenight Lake Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Latenight Lake Experience

 

In the early 90's I lived in Oakwood harbor and the guard at the little guard shack was a rather attractive tall slim woman and I happened to pass by on several occasions late at night on her over night shift.

One night, I don't remember what day but it was a week day in the summer time, this car came flying in off the highway (I-40) and a guy jumped out and was all panicky and saying to call the police or someone, something was out by the bridge. "Which ran across Eufaula Lake just west of lottawatta road on I-40. I went with her because he really had me curious and we went the 1/4 of a mile to the bridge and there was several cars parked on the side of the road. The people had gotten out of their cars and was just standing on the shoulder looking up in an eerie weird sort of way. We got out and looked at them each other and then up. It took so long to look up because there was no noise or anything until you did look up and then you could tell that there was a black total void a good 100 yards across or more hanging in the sky. The stars were all around it and the moon was bright enough to light up the shore line as far as the eye could see but in that large spot there was nothing, less than nothing. You could just tell.

I was horrified in a way that I couldn't recognize and still don't understand now. I don't know how long we stood there but the next thing I knew it moved, slowly started to lift and drift some and then just took off at an unbelievable speed. Everyone came out of the trance like thing we were in and just got back into their cars and left. When we got back to the Guard shack I just walked back home (which was very close) and went to bed.

We never talked about that and as a matter of fact I don't recall if I ever spoke to her again since she left for another state soon there after. I started believing it was a dream. Now I'm not so sure. But I'd like to know

Other hauntings by vulcan10

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vulcan10, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
I was just reading through this again, hadn't been on here in forever. My stories brought me back to the reality of them and I have to wonder if we all don't have similar stories that we've forgotten for some reason or just don't want to remember.
WolfVoice258 (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-20)
Vulcan10- That story about the slowly moving light reminds me of my experience. It was a few days before Midsummer's Night. But as for the main story, WOW. That's weird... Maybe a portal to another world?
mrsmla4ever (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
That is actually very similar to my story, the light moved very slowly. It didn't create a bright flash of light and none of us appeared frozen but it sounds like whatever was in the sky was the same.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
While reading your comment I remembered when I was around 12 or 13 and a friend and I were sleeping out in the back yard. It must have been spring or fall because it got a little cool at night. We were both chewing tobacco, (which neither of us did very well but the spitting part seemed cool at the time I guess), and we had a spit can made from a folgers can sitting between us. We were on cots, the kind most folks had back then. I don't know the time but most likely around 12 or 1 in the morning. We Lived in choctaw oklahoma which isn't far from midwest city where tinker air force base is. "AWACS planes". We had grown up seeing all types of military planes coming and going, training missions, and such. We were both looking up at the stars and talking, about what I don't know. Probably had something to do with girls though. Anywho, we spotted a light moving across the sky that seemed to be moving slower than the planes we usually saw, then we noticed that it didn't have the usual blinking lights or colored lights on aircraft. Civilian planes and military that bright would also usually have their landing lights on or at least like I said we should be able to see strobes or red or green or something. I don't recall that either of us made a big deal out of it, it wasn't until later when we went over it that we pointed these things out to each other. Now when I say slow, I mean slow, as moving across the sky. We kept talking and would look up and it had barely moved. We'd watch and it moved slightly so we just thought it was real high but terribly bright. A few minutes later when it was approx. Right over us. But you know, still way up looking like a pokey plane, we both bent over at the same time to spit in the can that was sitting in between our cots. I can still see it when he spit; It was like on your DVR now when you freeze a picture. The spit froze in mid air for a couple of seconds, so did he, and there was a light that lit up not only our back yard but through my side vision I could see the yards next door and even the ones past that as plain as day. (and we had good sized yards) It was like daylight at noon time. At the time we had a weak back light. The house to my south had a yellow one that had been there since noah docked the ark and was dirty, the one to my south was on an enclosed porch and was pretty weak, and the ones past those on either side had normal low watt bulbs. I knew this for a fact because they all had kids my age and I was over there pretty much daily and after dark. We both saw the same thing. I went in and turned on my back light it didn't even light up our spit can very well and the neighbors lights were out and they were asleep. We talked about it for a while and probably mentioned it at school but nothing ever came of it since we never actually got probed. At least that we recall. Anyway, your comment reminded me of that. Insignificant, but just one of those childhood memories that you forget sometimes.
mrsmla4ever (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-07)
Wow. Both of these stories are incredible. In reference to the black shape in the sky, I believe that it was a UFO. This story actually reminds me of an experience I had when I was younger. My family and I were sitting at a camp fire making smores when my grandma suddenly told us to look at the sky. There was a giant ball of bright white light moving across the sky. We were all sitting there watching this light when my grandma dropped her smore. We all looked at her and when we looked back at the sky, the ball of light was gone. To this day I believe that it was a UFO.

As for your second story, it sounds like you have a guardian angel and a strong religious connection. I really enjoyed this story. Thank you for posting it.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
The place to submit stories is down right now so I'll put this in the comment place here. Hope they don't get mad.

I used to think that I was most likely crazy, then changed that to delusional, but a functional delusional. I've vowed to never open up to anyone much less many "anyones" about the dreams and experiences I've had. Now that I have read so much on this site and see that so many are experiencing things they have no answers for like myself I find it a comfort. Either there is something happening to much of the general public or madness is running rampant through the masses.
Not in chronological order but order of importance, I think anyway, When I was around 7 or 8 I and a friend I've had all my life were at a small carnival in the small town I grew up in, we had seen most everything twice or more and rode the rides and finally decided to go to the gypsy looking fortune teller. I didn't buy into that sort of thing even at that age mostly because of my christian upbringing. We went anyway. He went in first and I waited outside. I don't believe I planned to see her at that point. After I'd been waiting at least 20 minutes which seemed like a childhood eternity, I heard him call my name and I went in, he said that he wanted her to read my fortune since she'd just finished his. I walked slowly through the tent front and before I got to within 15 feet of her she told me to stop. She had a weird look on her face and said that she was not allowed to read me. I looked behind me because she appeared to be looking that way and I felt embarrassed because I thought, "Great! My Moms here. This is going to be humiliating!" But I saw no one. My friend asked why and she said, still looking passed me, " Because he has two angels, they stand on each side of him." She then asked us to leave. I didn't think about it for to long because we were at the carnival and still had a little money. Sometime later on he told me what she had told him. I don't remember what it was but it was very negative and depressing about his future life. (his future turned out to be very bleak indeed)
Before this time and up to when my seeing dreams ended, I had this reacurring dream. It was the same thing everytime. It didn't scare me but left me sad, home sick, and lonely. I've had it countless times throughout my life.
It's before (I was born), I'm not sure when, at that moment, time has no meaning to not only me but the others with me. I see us arrive, from where I don't know, but the way I see myself and the others is in tiny pinpricks of light, but bright and beautiful. From where ever we came from it was a life, similar to the one I was fixing to experience. We were excited. This was the first time we had seen this place. But like I said the knowledge was with me that we had been to countless others and countless others lay in our future.
one being, if I had to label it, I would say was my best friend. I knew that we would not see each other this lifetime. Even though we all were fixing to go into a life here at seemingly the same time, in human terms it would be at different time periods. I also knew that when it was over we would meet just like we were then and move on to another place far away, another life to experience just as we had arrived here, and when it was over somewhere down the line we'd go home with all of the memories and experiences we had gained.
Before I went in I could hear a voice, I don't know how, but it asked me if I was sure this was the life that I chose. It showed me this life from beginning to end. And I said yes. At that moment I saw around me others zipping to the earth and then I was too. I could explain more but this is getting to long.
sometime after the carnival thing I started having dreams. Most of the time if I had them three times they always came true. Sometimes after only once. When I was 13, it was the summertime and I came in for some reason and laid down on my bed. I then felt that I sat right up and went back outside. Standing in the yard I heard beautiful trumpets, looked up and the clouds covered the sky, they then started rolling back and angels flooded out covering the sky, millions of them. I saw some one with angels flanking him while he sat on a throne come out of midst and he started descending. I knew who he was and wanted to hide. I was terrified because I knew I had not been living right and I wasn't ready for judgement. He came directly to me and something was different. I looked around and I was in my back yard but kind of to the side and could see the front yard and street and saw other neighborhood kids playing out front and my next door neighbor continued doing, what ever, next door. They couldn't see him. I thought I must be dead. He spoke to me and laid his hand on my shoulder. I don't remember his words but the jist of it was I had to change my ways and within the next few years or I would be called home. He then ascended. I went back in and sat on my bed. I thought, well. They're coming for me. I was scared. I just sat there wanting to cry but knowing it would do no good. My mom was in the living room just outside my door sowing. After a while of just looking around my room I thought. Wait. Why didn't she see me come and go. I got up and asked and she hadn't. I went outside and all of the kids and neighboor were doing the things they had in my vision. I didn't understand.
Not long afterward I started hearing stuff. It was more important things though after I started driving. Just a few of the things was when I was on the highway and something told me to pull to the side of the road and slow almost to a near stop, somethings fixing to happen. Pull The left side not the right. I was on a four lane highway at rush hour. That seemed crazy but by this time I knew to listen. As soon as I did a truck with a trailor and piece of machinery on it started to swerve out of control. Everything in the other three lanes was involved in a pile up at full speed. I cruised through without a scratch and then the car even behind me got it too. Another time I was coming to a light that had been green for several seconds. To my right was a small hill you couldn't see over. Right as I got there A voice yelled so loud it echo'd in the car. "STOP!" I jumped at the sound and hit the brake. A car doing over 100 flew over the hill and through the light. It would have hit me.
over the years many things like this happened. All the while the prophetic dreams too. A few years ago though after one especially dreadfull (if I mentioned what it was about you'd know) and I couldn't do anything to change it I started praying for the dreams to go away. They depressed me. I saw no reason for them if I couldn't help. I prayed for a while and then one day they stopped. I didn't know that everything else would too though. I haven't heard the voice after that either.
Now that I think about it, I think maybe it was my fault I didn't help. Maybe I was just waiting for something to happen when I should have acted. I don't know. Anyway. That's some of my story, madness, perhaps. Today is sept. 10th,2009. I won't be back for about 6 months. But I'll answer any questions anyone has then.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
No. Nothing on the news. We are kind of out in the boonies. Years later, (not long ago) I was talking to a guy in a club waiting for the karaoke to start and he kind of looked at me funny. Thought he was going to walk away from me thinking I was luni, but he then told me that his half brother had a place right on the lake over looking that same area and had told him of seeing something over the water around the same time. Seems like more had to see something but people would be hard to admit it around here
book_luver123 (227 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
I don't thing was a dream of any sort, unless you dream of people in trances and great big moving black things.
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-07)
Very interesting. It definitely sounds like you saw a UFO or something. Did you hear anything about it in the news at that time?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: