You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Green Vests? Help I Need Opinions

Real Ghost Stories

Green Vests? Help I Need Opinions

 

I'm not really posting my ghost story here - just a portion so that I can get some ideas and advice etc.

Okay, so we saw tons off odd things. It was not just me.

I lived in Edmonton Alberta on the military base when this happened.

One of those odd things was images in our unplugged TV; sometimes it was us in the moment, sometimes it seemed like other people in other places or times and other times it showed the ghosts that were in the room at that given time.

Now-- for a very short while it seemed like we were being shown images as symbols. Someone was trying to tell us something or remind us of something. This was the only time my ex and I saw different things at the same time. I saw a house, a baby and whatever else. He saw men marching while mud was rolling and the men wore green - vests I think. Later he saw a man in a green vest trying to talk to me and only wanted to talk to me. I could never figure this out but one day I was asleep on the sofa and I woke up to catch the very end of a show on the history channel. There were men marching, there was something about mud and they wore green (not like normal military clothing though)... And it had something to do with some guy whose name started with an A... Kind of reminded me of Abraham, I think. As soon as the show ended I went back to sleep. I was so upset. I tried to stay awake because I knew when I fell asleep I wouldn't remember much of it. I didn't.

Though, I used to remember the A- guys name and did some research online but never found anything. I also searched for marching men in green and mud and many different combinations with no luck. I found this odd because the TV show that I had seen made this even seem pivotal in Edmonton's history.

I feel as though I need an answer. I'm not saying this is important and it's obvious that this message wasn't for me but I came so close to figuring it out and failed. Furthermore, I'm rather freaked out that I saw this full show on the history network and find no information online about it. (It's not a first though)

...

Does anyone have any information about men marching in Edmonton wearing what seemed to be green vests and a slew of rolling mud and some guy whose name starts with an A?

Please.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, inJanuary, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ghostlygentlemen23 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-03)
This is just a guess but... I think the ghosts (if there are) are trying to get some spiritual message to you.

If this message is scaring you then, pray or... If there is a ghost haunting the TV trying to get some sort of message over to you. Please ask it what it means. Good luck 😉
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-30)
After reading very many accounts of events of a paranormal or supernatural nature I have some ideas.

I suspect that each human has some influence on what each person sees when it involves supernatural beings or paranormal events. I believe each person may see or hear something different than what someone standing right next to them may see. I've read very many accounts, and sometimes a small group of people witness something that a hundred other people around them don't detect at all.

This next thought isn't directly applicable to your story, but it does suggest something about the nature of reality. A thought about "poltergeists." Many people report being disturbed in the middle of the night by very loud noises coming from some other part of the house. They get out of bed, searching the house, and find nothing is out of place, nothing missing or broken..., maybe there was no REAL sound at all. Maybe the illusion of destruction was a thought placed in their minds. My next thought is, how can we tell the difference between a hallucination, and a spiritually created "vision."

My best guess is practice meditating on Godly things, good, holy, just, pure and of good report. Pray often. Read often. Build up some spiritual faith and trust. When you encounter something that evokes a response of fear in you, confront it telling it, "the Lord Jesus Christ rebuke you!"

If you are not a Christian, and your situation isn't improving, you might want to reconsider.

May God Bless You
inJanuary (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-13)
Thanks for the imput. I may call the History network however I don't know what I should say 'hey there, I saw this show in Dec of 2004 that had men in green vest marching in mud'

Lol:) guess I should think about that first.
randy30303 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-26)
Heres what I think happened I think you seen the future of you two getting back together and hes off to the military and hes only talking to you
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
inJanuary--
Did you try phoning the local channel that scheduled the program for its title? Since a search through websites led you nowhere, maybe an old-fashioned thing like a phone call and speaking with a person is still possible (maybe not) but it might be worth a try. Even if you have to call History Channel headquarters, wherever they are.
Then again, it might've been a phantom program you saw.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
All I can ad is that it was after the first world or just before it. Green Vests might have something to do with fighting in a wilderness. Sorry it isn't much.
minx69 (6 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-07)
Well, on the cloths is their any symbols on them that you could look up and find? It might give you some clues and sence it was the history channal you were watching, try to find something on it.
I wish you luck with this
Blessed be
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-07)
I'm afraid I know next to nothing concerning Canadian history, but I wonder if the History Channel program you refer to wasn't discussing either Worl War I or World War II. It sounds as if it could have been presenting something on a particular unit of the Canadian Army--it might, indeed, have had nothing to do with Edmonton particularly, in spite of the army post which is located there.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance! 😭
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-07)
You know, I can not say that I know the history of Edmonton, but I DO know a bit about military attire.
I can not tell you how to figure out this mystery of yours, but maybe I could help you find a timeline to pick up your search with. Perhaps it could lead you to Mr. A.
The utility vest is the part of a marching uniform, be it a military uniform or a guerilla uniform, it is a distinguishing factor in that you can get a time line out of the style of that vest (think: Rambo movies).
Forget about the rest of the experience for a while and concentrate on the vest. Every couple of years there have been MINOR changes to the vest. Some of them you really have to be concentrating on to catch. It may be the size of the front pockets, the number of smaller pockets WITHIN the larger one, the presence, or absence of a front right shoulder pocket with a zipper, or even the color of the snaps.
Also, check the collar. IS there one? That would point to a climate issue. IF there were those marching where there is a tendency to be cooler nights (or days for that matter) there SHOULD be a collar of some sort.
Along with the vests, did you happen to notice a field pack? I see no mention of a back pack, and I do not get the feel that you are under the impression this may have been a troop out on a Sunday Ops, but think through all of the visions and put a uniform together in your mind based on what you recall. Be very careful, it is easy to "add" things if you are familiar WITH a "normal" uniform.
Check out the PX. Goodness knows there is usually some sort of "period photographs" floating around in them. Look at the poster ads of times gone by, look at THE PACKAGING of so many uniform pieces (sometimes you can get lucky and hit on something just because there may be an old "Sears catalogue" type of add connected with a ribbon or dog tag cover), who knows? Your answers might just be at the store.
Thank you.
monoxide (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-07)
youve a one in a million chance of finding much out:/
Thats basically just about every military battle in history, men and mud.
Hope you find something out
Sorry I can't help.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: