You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Crying Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Crying Ghost

 

I have always experienced paranormal phenomena ever since I can remember; I am 22 years old.

It's only lately within the last few years that I have come to the conclusion that I am haunted, rather than the places I am at! If I'm at a reportedly haunted location then my experiences get stronger and more intense. I have many experiences I wish to post, to get feed back and similar ones from anyone out there.

One of my earliest accounts comes from before I was born, I am the oldest of three children and my mum is the youngest of four, my mum and dad had moved into her sister's house and were renting it from her whilst she was working abroad. This house has always been renowned for being haunted, it was the ghost of an old lady, she seemed harmless and her spirit was felt rather than seen. There was an old fashioned cot (crib) upstairs in the spare bedroom, this room was only ever used for storage, and one day my mum decided to clear it out, she left the cot in there as it was too much of a pain to move or put in the attic. That's when the strange occurrences began to happen. My mum and only my mum would wake up at night to babies crying from the spare room, my dad oblivious to them. This happened most nights and quite rightly freaked her out! My mum would go in the room and nothing was there and the noises had stopped! It got to the point when she would hear them in the daytime from downstairs. Very faint baby cries and it seemed that when you would stop and pay attention to them they would just stop.

My granddad who was a painter and decorator had come over to decorate and was spending the week there he would be left alone in the day to get on with his work. One day when he was working in the hall, he heard the back door go as if my mum had come home; he heard the footsteps in the kitchen on the tiled floor and saw a figure pass by the door leading from the hall to the kitchen. He called out to it and got no reply, so he tried again but to no reply, so he ventured into the kitchen, which was empty! A little confused he put the kettle on for a cup of tea, at which point he heard footsteps leading up the stairs and across the landing, it would be impossible for anyone to go up stairs without passing him! Without hesitating he dashed up stairs with a kitchen knife to confront the intruder and to his amazement the house was empty!

He later told my mum what had happened and she was not surprised and told him of the babies crying, my dad just thinking they'd both gone mad, until later that night that is, when my mum once again woke up claiming to hear babies, my dad so fed up with these stories gets out of bed and went to the spare room opened the door and turned the light on to find the cot gently moving side to side as if someone had just been rocking it! I don't need to tell you that my dad's reaction wasn't of the most graceful as he screamed and ran back to bed! He tells it different of course!

After that the noises stopped and the house became quite peaceful my mum claims she never feared the noises and that she never felt any harm directed to anyone, the noises began for real though nine months later as I was born. My mum believes what happened was some kind of premonition? Some kind of sixth sense! Anyway guess where I ended up sleeping? The haunted cot! Great!

The cot was moved into my mum and dads bedroom, my mum suffered horribly with postnatal depression, and would never let me out of her sight. Thankfully there were never any reports of the cot rocking again or babies crying (well except for me). But the experiences got more animated, we had a prism on the mantle piece, it was a paper weight, and every morning we would find it on the floor, at Christmas and birthdays, cards would fly off cabinets and tables etc as if someone had whipped there arms across them. The hall became very cold even on the hottest day of the year it would be freezing. The toilet in the hall would lock itself from the inside and be open an hour or two later! The hall became the epicenter of any activity; if the hall was freezing you could guarantee something would happen in the house that day.

It wasn't until I was about four that I first experienced anything of real significance, I was sleeping in the box bedroom at the end of the hall which used to be my dads office, it was a very dark room and very tiny, I awoke one night to my door slightly open and someone standing next to my bed, a black silhouette, I screamed at it to go away and it did, it backed of toward the door and was gone, I went back to sleep! I remember it clear as day and dismiss many peoples theories I was still asleep.

On another night I awoke to what I believe to be the same presence only this time it was clearer, there was (it sounds corny or film like I know but it's the best way I can explain it) a see through figure of an old lady at the foot of my bed just standing there motionless, no expression, it slowly just faded away, as simple as that. I felt very calm and at ease with it at the time, thinking back it scares the hell out of me now! I've seen her many time since, in that bedroom and in the hall, sometimes you can feel her pass by you in other rooms of the house. There could be four or five of us in the living room and you'd all feel her walk through the room.

We got used to it sometimes you'd get a spook when she was 'playing up' the volume on the radio suddenly turning up, going out and coming back to the television being on things like that. My brother has seen her the most, again in the box bedroom. We moved out about 7 years ago and my auntie has moved back in and she's seen it countless times, but it seems harmless and never threatens anyone.

Well that's my introduction to some of my early experiences and I will post more.

Other hauntings by otisian8

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, otisian8, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Supernaturalover (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-14)
Great story glad that its a nice and harmless spirit as long as its not trying to hurt anyone its fine to stay there, at least your aunt isn't lonely in the house!
lolzy_34 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
Hi I agree with book_luver123 when she said that maybe the cot rocking was a prediction of your birth 😊
You also said about any similar experiences. I did have one very similar to the silhouette you described. However the one I saw was standing at my bedroom door. The whole stories called the the Silouhette and the noise if you want to read more about it. Hope I help in some way ❤
ABC_daisy (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
I think that she is very protective of you 😁 maybe she lost a child and likes to think of you as hers. ❤ hope you get some answers
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
my theory is that the rocking was a future prediction and that the woman is just a normal ghost. How old did the woman look and what period in time did she look like she was from.
Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
Obviously this is the ghost of a mother, the cot, the ghost of her standing beside you.
Marg (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
There has to be some reason why the babies were there and crying. All the things you mentioned in your story sound very creepy.Thanks,for sharing your early experiences with the paranormal.😊
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
Do you know any of the history on the building?
Maybe the old lady and the crying babies were related in some way. Perhaps when she passed away there was nobody left to look after the babies. 😕 I don't know.
Let us know if you find anything though.

God Bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: