You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Sleepless Night

Real Ghost Stories

Sleepless Night

 

My husband and I used to live in an apartment building that was over 100 years old. It had been different things threw out the years. We moved in August of 2007. We had a lady that lived across the hall that claimed she had seen things and heard things in the hall way and in her apartment but we just thought she was crazy.

My husband worked third shift at the time so I was home alone of the night. After a few weeks of being there I was hearing things at night but thought it was just the cat or the house settling. But one night I was lying in bed and heard my bedroom door open. I sat up and yelled out my husbands name thinking maybe he got off work early. No answer so I just shut the door and didn't think anything of it. I few nights later it happened again but this time the door flung open as if someone was angry. I got up and looked and no one was there again so I just left the door opened figured oh well it's just the house. As I was laying down to go back to sleep I heard someone say my name sounded like my mom as if she were right in my ear I looked and nothing, So I just went back to sleep.

This went on for a few months hearing peoples voice that I knew in my ear saying my name when I went to bed. I tried to ignore it but it was almost impossible. It would happen EVERY night and the voice sounded either like my mom, my sister or my husband. I had told my husband about it but he just blew it off like I was going crazy. It was getting to the point that I stayed up all night because I so was scared to be there alone at night.

About a year after we moved in my husband was on vacation. I was out with some girlfriends and so my husband decided to go on to bed, because we were leaving in the morning to go on vacation. He had locked the front door turned off the living room light and shut the bedroom door. He said about 30 minute later the bedroom door flung open and the living room light turned on. He thought it was me coming home but I wasn't home yet. He got out of bed and looked around to see it I was playing a joke on him when he didn't see me he turned the lights back off and went back to bed. He sates about 10 minute later he heard me yelling to him to help me that I was in trouble. He jumped out of bed to find me and again I wasn't home yet.

He then tells me that he would hear things while he was trying to sleep during the day, but didn't want to tell me because he knows how scared I already was. So after all this I decided to find out some history on the building.

I had found out the in the early 1900's the building was converted into a doctors office and the doctor would do surgeries in what was now our apartment. So I then looked online and found that if a ghost or spirit is trying to contact you they will use the voice of someone you know. I don't know what they were trying to tell us but after almost 2 years of this going on we decided to move. And last I know the landlord can not keep that apartment rented.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scaredjules, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scaredjules (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
acutally guys the lady the lived across the hall moved out about a year after we moved in... We were told she moved in with family so we didn't get a chance to talk to her but I wish now we had
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
After all that you went through in your apartment, did you ever stop and think about the lady that lived across the hall and the fact that you and your husband thought she was crazy when she told you all about the goings on in the hall and her apartment?

Sometimes FACT can be stranger and more frightening than FICTION!
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Seeing as you found out it was once a doctors surgery, I would take a guess that the spirit was trying to ask you to help it. The ghost, in it's human form, was obviously in pain whilst still alive. Maybe this is why it is still calling for help. 😕 Just my theory.
I'm glad to see that you didn't get harmed in a physical way. 😁 Like book_luver123 said; did you ever try to ask the spirit to leave?

God Bless.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
Wow. Isn't weird how ghosts can mimic you loved ones. When you were in your room did you ever think to say 'go away' or anything like that.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
I'm with JamesRobiscoe; Kudos for actually looking into the history of the place. Where about in KY did this take place (if you don't mind me asking)? I have family in KY and love hearing stories about the area

What about the old woman next store? Did you ever talk to her about what you heard/saw? Does she still reside there?

Thanks for sharing
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
scaredjules--
Good for you for doing your research and leaving the place. Interesting that the whisperer (s) succeeded in catching your attention--and when one is alone any voice would accomplish that--yet never conveyed a message. Are ghosts are smart enough to figure out how to mimic a familiar voice, but unable to rev up enough at some point to convey its message?
We men are so often stupid when it comes to women we love. Instead of focusing in on their concerns or downright fears, we dismiss it with some tired old cliche. Come on, fellas. Even if we don't believe in the supernatural, we can believe in our wives. Jules, I was glad to hear your husband finally got the message that your concern is his concern. It's not my place to even suggest this was the ghost's message, so I won't say it.
A nice story of subtle signs so many of us may have and blow off. Thanks for the smart reminder for me to keep alert! ~ James

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: