You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Late Night Visit

Real Ghost Stories

A Late Night Visit

 

I was just reading, " A sea of voices in the night" by Ant 1111. You know, that story brings back a memory of something that happened when I was around 16 years old.

We were house sitting for a friend of my dads. They had been family friends all my life and seemed like family. His friends mom had passed away not long prior to this and I don't know where he was at the time, but anyway, I'd spent the night there several times before.

I'd just finished watching the tonight show with Johnny Carson and had laid down. I'd only shut my eyes for a minute or two (the window was open beside the bed I was in and the backdoor was around the corner from the head of the bed), I heard voices like maybe four or five people were coming from the barn to the house. Then I heard footsteps and the backdoor open.

Now I know no one else but us should have been around there and these voices sounded like it was the most natural thing in the world to be coming in the house at that time of night. I was scared sheetless! All I could think was "you moron! Why did you leave the back door open?" I found I could not move or open my eyes, I knew I was scared but even at the time I thought surely I wasn't scared to the point of paralysis.

The word aliens came to mind, but aliens who spoke perfect English? It didn't make sense. I heard the group walk up to the side of my bed and stand over me talking in hushed tones like they didn't want to wake up anyone else. I could tell they were right over me looking down at me. I went through the " I have to be dreaming" reasoning because I thought for sure I was on the verge of panic if something sensible didn't come to mind. But I knew I couldn't have fallen asleep in the approximate 60 seconds or less I had laid down when I started hearing them coming from the direction of the barn.

I understood everything that they were saying and it had something to do with things that would happen to me in the future. I found this even more disturbing. Were they angels, demons, ghost, aliens?

How did they know me so intently and what was the purpose of this?

The next thing I knew I woke up and it was about 1am or so and I was lying in the living room. No pillow or blanket just sprawled out on the living room floor with the lights and TV off so I knew I didn't fall asleep watching TV. Plus, that's not the way I had been watching TV. I had been kicked back in the lazy boy and no way did I just fall out of that.

I asked the next morning if someone got up and turned everything off. No one had. I've never sleep walked, and I wasn't overly tired or distraught about anything. Nor could I recall what they had talked about when I awoke, I just knew it had concerned my future and me. I found it very disturbing for a while and I can't believe I forgot about it until reading that story.

Other hauntings by vulcan10

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vulcan10, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
I doubt that I'll remember any more now since it's been so long. I just remember that most of what they said and talked about was familier to me, like they were relatives or very close aquaintences that knew my life very well. Some of it mentioned friends that I had because I heard their names mentioned, and some about my future. Exactly what they said I don't remember. It was like watching a movie that you know is going to be your favorite then imediatly afterwards forgetting the dialogue and plot, only remembering that you did indeed see it and whether or not you liked it. The main reason it stuck in my head was that my head had just hit the pillow when I heard several footsteps coming up from the barn on the little gravel road, cross through the leaves in the backyard and come in the back door, all the while several voices talking in hushed tones, but all the while seeming like it was the most natural thing for them to be doing. It's still just as real to me when I think about it as it was then.
charomy8 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
I wonder what they said... If you don't mind me asking... Could you tell us when you remember what they said?
Eclypse_Nightshade (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
Wow was readng this since you read and commented to me with which I replied... Um... That does sound disturbing... 😳
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-15)
They sounded both male and female. It was like I knew them. Like old aquaintances. But at the same time I didn't. If that makes any sense at all.
LexyGirl18 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-10)
Never heard a story like this before! Wow its like you were important to them. I wish you remembered what they said.

I always thought that if aliens could find a way to get here they could easily decode world languages. 😐

Do you know if they were male or female?
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-10)
This story is creepy!
Has anything else like this happened?
Take care.

C
mrsmla4ever (3 stories) (53 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
I have to say that I am not overly religious but I do believe that there is a higher power out there. I think that you should do what feels right and eventually you will find your answers.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
I don't want to sound cliche but lately I've just been trying to grow closer to the Lord. I don't know what he has in store for me. I just try and trust and obey.
mrsmla4ever (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-07)
Having read your other stories, it seems like you have a lot of "spirits" or what not looking out for you. Perhaps you will play an important roll in the future?
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
If it wasn't for the fact that it happened imediatly after I laid down and closed my eyes and that I woke up on the floor I would have thought it was most certainly a dream. Yes, many things have happened throughout my life, and it was very frustrating to not remember what was said. It was like watching a movie and as soon as you finish, forgetting everything about it, but the title and whether you liked it or not, but nothing else.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
That's very strange. They probably weren't ghosts because they knew you. Aliens sounds unlikely but it would explain why you suddenly woke up in a different place besides your bed.

Angels or demons sounds most viable. No idea why they decided to remove you from your bed and put you on the floor though.
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
That is very strange. Do you think it was intruders in the house or something paranormal. Because I've never heard of sprits moveing people.

Tori ❤
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-11)
Angels speaking sounds like a pretty good possibility. One question though, you mentioned how they were speaking perfect English and how you could understand them, do you remember anything of what they said? Thanks for the story, I enjoyed reading it.

-Hope
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-11)
I think they may have been Angels of some sort. Maybe Guardians or Spirit Guides? I don't think they were there to harm you. 😊
I can't think of an explanation as to why you had changed position. Very odd. 😕

God Bless.
ozzy (1 stories) (10 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-09-11)
creepy story I don't think they were there to hurt you has there been things haunting you your whole life or a big part of if not I don't think you should worry yourself
book_luver123 (227 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-09-11)
Well I think it could Have been angels talking about you. I mean it would not make sense for a demon to do those things. They would do a full on attack on you. When you least expect it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: