You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: An Odd Happening At College

Real Ghost Stories

An Odd Happening At College

 

The happened when I was in college, this was a primarily Indian college. It was a Friday evening and a couple of friends and me were going to join others from the college, at the river partying. I don't remember why we hadn't gone with the main group but it must have been about 10pm or later and already dark. We lived on the ground floor, which was actually a little below ground. Our windows were ground level. While in one of the double rooms with a couple of the guys, telling them to hurry up or everyone would be drunk before we got there, we heard someone knocking on the window of the room. It was one of our friends who was supposed to be at the party looking totally sober, which was unusual for him.

We knew that he was one of the ones to go get the liquor and beer and thus one of the first ones out there and we were sure he started the celebration as soon as his feet hit the ground and wouldn't stop until he hit "coma".

He motioned us next door to the windows in the common bathroom so we went over there. When we got there he asked us to follow him out the windows to go to the party. Normally that would have been normal that is if it had of been after hours. Those bathroom windows were the best exit and entrance points for the dorm for after hours. If you didn't sign out for the night by a certain time you came and went from the window or if you were sneaking girls into your room or back out this was where you wanted to do it because they were the largest windows on that floor and like I said ground level.

As he urgently motioned for us to follow him we just kind of looked at each other and shrugged because it was still early enough to just walk out the front doors and not go wriggling out any windows. We told him we'd be right out and then went up to the next floor and out the doors. We couldn't find him and gave up after just a minute and went on to the party spot at the river. We figured he had went on over to the girls dorms.

When we got to the party, there was a big bon fire and there he was sitting beside it in the middle of everyone as drunk as a skunk. We asked how he got back so fast and before us yet appeared sober while at the dorms a couple of minutes ago. Everyone around him asked what we were talking about because he had been there all evening. Everyone we asked said the same thing, he'd never left. The other guys and I knew we had seen and spoken with what we thought was him but it wasn't.

That was freaky. I've never figured out what happened.

Other hauntings by vulcan10

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vulcan10, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
I was just thinking of this a couple of days ago for some reason. If there hadn't of been others there with me I would have thought at this time since its been such a long time that I imagined or dreamed it. But I know we all experienced the same thing. I've also wondered many times since then what would have happened if we had of gone with it what would have happened. Would we be just a story revisited on the news sometimes, told about to students by dorm monitors of how we dissappeared without a trace? Who knows and as for a reason it appeared to us I have no idea. It doesn't seem like it accomplished anything by doing that. I just don't know. A great mystery.
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-01)
Oh my thank God you all didnot go through the window God knows what might have happened...
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
Usually they're considered to have attained the highest level of priesthood to be able to do that, and I don't know of any there at the time that were. Second, I don't recall anyone saying they were navajo. Plus usually its thought they change into animals. I don't think anyone thought along the lines of it being a skinwalker. They weren't talked of much back then except by actual indians and we didn't throw it around much.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-14)
Indian College?

Have you considered that it may have been a Skinwalker?
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-12)
i agree with some of the other people who posted that it was probably a very good thing you didn't follow him. Who knows what might have happened? It might have made for a good story later on though 😉 Reminds me of when I stayed with my grandparents for awhile and everyone in the house would see our big white cat following behind you or walking down a hall only to disappear into thin air it was like the cat's doppleganger. Then when you would find him he usually would be fast asleep. We saw it several times and I got pretty used to it. ❤ 😊
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
I've never seen him since college. And no I don't think it was a prank. Everyone talked about it afterward. A lot of people there believed in deer woman and other things. I heard stories about all kinds of stuff there.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-14)
Hey, that was very strange and creepy. I agree with the doppelganger theory, and would like to add that they usually are not good. You explained that your friend is a heavy drinker, maybe that was sign for him to start taking it easy. Hope your friend is doing well. Thanks for posting.
Take care 😊
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
Erm have you concidered it might have been a prank, to scare confuse and wind you up, with more than one person in on it. No offence but it has been done before. Party tricks ect. Just a thought 😊 Jack
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
I agree that it might also be a Doppelganger. I also think it could have been a negative spirit trying to lead you away. I'm not sure what it may have done, but I'm not sure it would have been welcoming. That's just my opinion though. 😊

God Bless.
youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
hmm could be he wanted you guys there so bad that his spirit temporarily left his body to come get you. Though the doppelganger is also a good call, as it could be trying to pull you away from the world and into its world
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
Have you considered a doppelganger? The a exact doubles of a person and can appear randomly.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
Very weird story. It makes me wonder what would have happened if you'd gone out the window and followed your "friend". Thanks for sharing this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: