You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Ghost Saga Follows Me To Back To Texas

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghost Saga Follows Me To Back To Texas

 

After 5 years of living in Florida, I moved back to my hometown, Corpus Christi, TX. We bought a newly built home just on the outskirts of town. Now everything that has happened in this house has happened over the course of 4 years.

One night I was in the computer room, and I had called my son and his friend to the room, as they did and I was explaining something to them, I happened to see a boy (possibly Donald) peeking around the corner, like he was trying to listen in on our conversation. I asked the boys if they saw him... They both looked around and no one was there. Naturally they wouldn't have seen him, because their backs were facing the doorway. I would get very uneasy feelings in that computer room. I would feel like someone was jerking towards me. You could feel like the whole room was closing in on you. I would get hot, and then I would get cold in that room. It was the weirdest feeling I'm telling you.

One day I was sitting in the living room and something caught my attention, I looked over towards the hallway leading to my bedroom, I saw this black shadow figure, standing there, then real quick like, moved over so I couldn't see him again. This was the first time ever seeing a shadowy figure. No one in my family saw it, and Coty my middle son went towards my room, and no one was there.

One night, I was awakened by my dog barking into my bathroom facing the closet (you have to go through my bathroom to get to my closet). There's only one way to get to my closet... And that was through my bathroom. No one was in there and there were no other dogs around (this was a newly built neighborhood, there were only 7 houses down my street). After that certain incident with the dog I had this bad dream that someone was trying to lure me into the bathroom. I woke up and it was the exact time I woke up the night before because the dog was barking. Could that be a coincidence? Perhaps, but after that I had an eerie feeling about this closet, I never felt comfortable with the bathroom French doors opened... They had to be shut every night.

One day, I was taking a shower, and I saw the same little boy that was peeking around the corner, come running through my bathroom towards the closet... At this time, I knew it wasn't Dakota because he was much taller. FYI... I have glass shower doors, that's why I knew it was a boy. Anyways, this boy never came back out of the closet. Already knowing the answer, I did ask my kids if they went into my bathroom while I was taking a shower... All said no. They all know better anyways.

Another time I was taking a shower... I think this was about a year later... I was home alone this time and I saw the same boy come running out of my closet into my bedroom. I got out of the shower... Looked in my bedroom... No one was there. Needless to say, my shower was cut very short...

There has been so much activity in my house, that finally I was not the only one experiencing things. I was beginning to think I was crazy or something. Then Coty, who was 16 at the time, had some friends who were spending the night, they were all in his room when all of a sudden the cordless went flying off my son's box fan and hit the door. I normally would have said that the vibrations of the fan could have knocked it off, or someone bumped it. However, the bedroom door is located about 5 feet from the fan. There's no way that the phone if was knocked down or just fell off... Would hit that door hard... No way. It hit the door so hard, that I heard it from the kitchen and came in to find out what was going on. His friends wouldn't stay the night after that...

Coty was on the other side of the kitchen one night. There's a huge wall that separates the kitchen from the living room. It's an open room, so there are no doors on either side of the kitchen. Anyways, Coty was standing by the dining room side of the kitchen messing with one of his tek decks on the bar. He looked up and saw this black shadow figure poke his head around the other side of the kitchen and then disappear. It really freaked Coty out; he called for me to come into the kitchen. He asked me if I had seen anyone near my room or in by the kitchen. No, I had not, so he told me what he saw.

One bright and sunny Saturday afternoon, I went shopping with my sister, we came back to my house, and I had to take my dog outside to do his business... Since I don't have a completed fence yet, I had to stay outside with him. I shut the door and waited for shadow to finish his business then tried to get back inside... Only I couldn't. The door was locked. I walked around and asked my sister why she locked the backdoor. She said that she hadn't even gone in the house yet. I thought that was odd, so I went to my backdoor, to see if it was locked... It was. The lock was all the way down, so I messed with it for a bit to try and debunk this, making sure if it was me who accidentally locked it... I half way unlocked the door... It wouldn't open. Telling me that the lock has to be all the way up in order to unlock it. There's no way this could have locked by itself, or unlock by itself. It doesn't turn easily. That was the only time this happened to me.

I had moved my computer out of the computer room because my oldest son moved back home, so I put my computer out in the formal dining room (the room wasn't occupied anyways). Let me set this up for you to have a better visual. By the front door, there's a window (do not have window coverings on my windows in the living room and dining rooms), then my computer desk (this is the formal dining room, behind the formal dining room it the kitchen, behind that is the dining room and the backdoor. Now you can see the backdoor from where I sit at the computer and through the reflection of the front window as well. One night I was sitting at the computer, my husband was in bed sleeping, and I just got after Dakota to get into bed (as usual); I looked up to shout something at Dakota, and when I did, I saw what I think was a boy running across the formal dining room towards my bedroom... It was quick and zipped across the room and gone just like that. I have tile floors throughout the entire house, minus the bedrooms. I didn't hear any footsteps whatsoever, nor did I see anyone up and about.

Next night, back at the computer, this time I was home alone, my son was at a church activity and my husband went to pick him up and get dinner. I was chatting with a friend and I heard what sounded like my chair from the dining room, move. So I told my friend that I think the chair moved from the table. I looked behind me; all the chairs were where they were supposed to be. My friend told me to tell Donald hi. So as a joke... I said, "Donald, Jimmie says hello." Within a minute after saying that, the chair moved again. This time when I looked back, the chair had been moved. By that time, my heart was pounding and I was freaking out. I was so glad that my husband and son got home shortly after that.

There have been several occasions when my bedroom door would shut by itself (when there would be a small bean bag used as a doorstop). The a/c is by the door, so when the a/c would kick on, the pressure would cause the door to slam shut. So I put this small beanbag doorstop in front of the door to keep it from shutting. One day I was in the room reading a book, and all of a sudden the door started to shut didn't shut all the way, then it opened back up, and then it slammed shut.

This time I could not blame it on the a/c because the windows were opened, and again the beanbag doorstop was in front of the door. This beanbag is quite heavy so the there's no way that door would open by itself. And I guess the question I would have, is, if this was caused by the a/c or the cross breezes from the windows, why doesn't it do this all the time then? Too odd for my blood. The door shutting by itself has happened about 4 times in the 4 years that I have lived there (I don't live there anymore).

My nephew was sleeping in my son's bedroom, he woke up in the middle of the night and told me that he heard someone tapping on the wall, and then he said he saw a red light leave my old computer room, and head up the hallway towards the room my nephew was sleeping in. The red light I'm baffled by, for we have never seen any balls of light in the house except an orb I caught on the camcorder, but it wasn't red. We don't know what to make of that, nor do know what to say about it.

I got up early one morning to get the kids up for school, and Coty (who was almost 18 at the time), was sleeping on the couch. I asked him why he was there. He said he felt like someone was watching him.

When he looked up, he saw someone staring at him from the corner of his bedroom by the closet door. This is the first time I've seen him scared to the point where he left his room. This incident also occurred after the incident my nephew had experienced. I always had a difficult time going into the hallway towards my son's old room. I never felt comfortable. The first two bedrooms were right there by the living room, then you would go down the hallway, the bathroom and Coty's room was at the end. It was creepy even during the day for me to walk there by myself. I hated it.

I had that exact feeling about my room on the other side of the house. I hated my bedroom and bathroom/closet.

I had recently found out that the people in the house across the street had moved and was trying to sell their house because they said it was haunted, a lot of strange things happening to them. Our neighborhood was built on an old crop field, so don't know what exactly to make of it. But there has been a lot more activity in this house then any of the other houses I've lived in.

Thanks so much for allowing me to tell my experiences with y'all. I don't really care if people believe me or not... I know what I've seen, heard and felt. Thanks again and have a good one!

Other hauntings by bozoe6

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bozoe6, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bozoe6 (7 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
this house that I'm talking about now, was my house I bought 4 years ago. I just recently moved out of that house. In the first house... That's the house I was raised in after my dad got out of the military. Sorry if I confused you.

I have never been afraid of staying in a house as much as I did in that house I bought. I wished my camcorder had cords to connect to the computer... I caught some orbs, one of them was a rather large one, and it came from the bottom of the screen and disappeared in the middle of the screen. That was a bit freaky, which was also taken in my bedroom.
TheLightBeforeDawn (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
I agree with book_luver123 but I was under the impression that you didn't live in that house anymore. Interesting story by the way. Group of stories really. Loved them.

Goddess Bless.
TLBD ❤
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
Try to take some pictures of the rooms that you are not comfortable with. Sometimes things pop up in them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: