You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My 2 Year Old Son Is Scared To Be In His Room

Real Ghost Stories

My 2 Year Old Son Is Scared To Be In His Room

 

My 2 year old son woke up last night in a fit and he couldn't get out of his room fast enough, it was odd because he never wakes up at night, he's a really good sleeper.

I asked him what's wrong and he pointed to the ceiling and said it hurts, I tried to put him back into bed and he kept pulling his blankets up past his head and he was shaking and than just sat up and cried and said he didn't want to be in there, so I brought him in to our bed and he wouldn't sleep so I brought him back to his room and lied with him and told him that nobody could hurt him and I grabbed a picture of his papa and said papa will protect you and he eventually fell asleep.

This morning he was trying to tell me why he was scared and he pointed to the ceiling and then pointed to the floor, and said up there hurts me. He's never been scared of his room so it's weird that all of a sudden he doesn't want to be in his room anymore, even when he's bad or doesn't listen to me ill send him to his room and he will just stand at the door he won't fully go into his room and he'll cry and say I don't want to be in bed.

We also just got a cat and our cat keeps trying to catch something on the ceiling I know cats always do that but he goes nuts its really creepy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fashbro11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Gamma (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
This is to Fashbro11's Husband. I can honestly say that I am not Psychic, a Whisperer, a "WIzard" or a crystal child. But I can verify that while I was reading that, My "Sixth Sense" went off. The more I read, The worse it got. Keep in mind, I'm just an everyday Teen, but I DO have a thing to sense when Things are off or when someone is following me. I don't want to offer anything to solve it because I respect your wishes, I just want to say, that you might want to keep a close watch on whatever this is.
LittleZebra (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
Fashbro,

When I was 3 and 4 I used to see about 6 greyish-black blobs, each about 3 inches in diameter, floating near the ceiling of my room.

This was my first encounter with spirits in this life. I remember they used to talk to me and encourage me to do certain things. They talked via telepathy.

So that's most likely what your son is interacting with. They might be related or are the Jinn, or they could be family members passed on.

Good that he is using crystals, and knows how to use 'em. I'm guessing that in his prior life he also had his psychic abilities active. Wish I had crystals in my childhood.
ScaredOfGhosts (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
I think that your 2 year old son woke up because of a dream... I know that when I was small I got this dream that an owl flew into mr room and I would close the window every time... Stopped afte a week 😊
worriedmommy (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-31)
Hi, I know your post is a few months old, but my 21 month son is afraid of his room too. This started when he was about 19 months. He also points towards the ceiling or in the corners and says something that sounds like Wyatt or way. He shakes and crys at night and also plugs his ears when he is crying in bed. I don't know what to do. I feel helpless because he is so scared.

When my 3 year old nephew comes over he also sees something. He crys and shakes and points at the ceiling in my living room. Once he was crying and shaking and said "she not scary, she funny" over and over like he was trying to convince himself.

When my 14 year old niece was over watching my son for a little bit, she called me because he was crying and saying wyatt. I had never told her about that. Then she said she was at the sink in the bathroom by my sons room and felt someone touch her on the behind.

I know the area I live in use to be Hohokam land. I just don't know what to do for my son.
Templar (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
It boggles my mind. This is not time for ghost hunting it is time to provide support to your child. I do not doubt in the least there is something there. But you need to protect your child. Perform cleansing with prayer and faith, and express the love of God and ask for his protection. You took a chance posting here and attracted some misdirected people. Protect yourself from them also. Let your child know that you love him and you are there for him. Do not close his door at night. Put a night light in. Allow him to sleep with you when he gets scared. Give him big hugs. Do not encourage his communication with the unclean spirit. This is a very formative period in a child. It is the time where he feels he has someone there for him or he is on his own. If it continues he can have a psychic break. Later indicators are bed wetting, aggitation, sleeplessness. Unlike the mental health community I believe in unclean spirits as the cause of the psychic break and not a symptom. I know you are there for him that is great. Now kick that unclean spirit out or move. It cannot follow you.
ghostmedia (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-15)
Yes, set up a video camera (night vision) to see if anthing appears. Bring over a psychic. It is probably hurting your son. Children do see things adults don't, so do animals (usually dogs, but most do anyway). This is really NOT GOOD. If you want more help visit my site: http://www.ghostmedia.webs.com
Thanks, and good luck, Beccca x
Rebeka82 (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-14)
I have a suggestion you can take pictures in there at night or set up a video camera and see if you can pick up on anything. I wouldn't force him back in there. My 2year old has done that recently as well only he says its coming and then it gone at which point he goes to sleep. I haven't tried investigated it yet. And we just moved so I am going to asume that is it for now.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-14)
Fashbro11,
I agree that your son is associating his inability to understand with his reference to pain... Although many that are sensitive react to paranormal activity with headaches and nausea... So he may be having physical symptoms, but obviously nothing that is an emergency. Your Shaman may take exception to being called a walking portal, I know two Shamans and they both chose the medicine way because they were sensitives. Work with your Shaman to develop your child's coping abilities, as you said, if he is a crystal child this isn't something that is going to go away. The crystals have given your child comfort and much needed rest... Continue to be the best parent you can be, and your family will find its way. Best of luck.

God Bless,
Lou
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
Never Never play with oiuja boards, you will not be talking to the dead, or a ghost but something very different and very dangerous to your mental well being. Its clearly not understood what your really talking to, or what your bringing into your house with those things. The child is the most important thing here, if you think its that bad, take the child out of this enviroment, live somewhere else. Take great care, Jack 😐 😐
minx69 (6 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
I use to be the same way when I was child. My parents always told me that their were good things in this house, but with the things I've seen its hard to believe. Try to ask your son what he's seen an watch the cat more often, usually they can pick up on spirts and become hostile near them.
Besafe <3
fashbro11 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
I slept in his room last night. I kid you not there is something in there! Tomorrow we are getting the room smudged.
Since we moved into this place there has been banging in his room when he sleeps. We always thought it was my son moving around. Well he was not in his room last night. Around the same time he would normally wake up in a fit I heard banging on the walls. So I looked to see what was going on, and I was not a happy camper to say the least. I entered the room in not a good state. I felt a cold wind blast past me toward the ceiling, odd because the window was closed in that room. Then every dog in the building started going absolutely nuts with the barking.
Here is another odd thing, my son slept like a rock last night, he was in our room, he slept like he usually does. So this is getting very hard for me to pass off as nothing. Too many weird things are going on. And this morning my son takes me by the hand into his room and says the man up there is here!
Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
My younger brother was extremely psychically sensitive. He would wake in the night crying his head off. Of course, at the time, we thought it was just what a baby does--nothing more. When he could talk he told us that entities had been harassing him. As I read your story, it additionally occurs to me to ask if perhaps your baby is having an out of body experience? Hence floating up to the ceiling? Above all, I would trust the cat's insticts on this one. There seems to be something there. Whatever your belief system heralds as protection and purification, I would do in that room. Some use sage [burned], salt water, holy water, prayers, religious relics, etc. Again, it should come from your belief system.
konkboy (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
Do not force him to go to his room. Something is wrong here. He's telling you this himself. Read other stories where children see and hear things and parents think it's their imagination. Come on!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
OH, I understand completely, fashbro11 and/or wife. I have read some very... Unintelligent comments in the past and here very recently. I only thought to point out that my thoughts were out of my own experiences, and not something I watched on the telly. I was not offended in the least, in fact I was kind of surprised (pleasantly) that someone who is "new" would take that stance immediately.
You made a comment that I would like to ask you about, if you do not mind. You wrote in your comment that your son refers to his "visitor" as a baby ghost. Also you say that HE mentions the door in the ceiling. I find this very interesting as MY son has never said "That guy is here again" either. He never refers to them AS a person.
My question is this: Do you know if he actually watches that door open that the baby ghost is in? I know that is one of the things that my sons mentor has worked with my son on. Closing that door that they choose to come through.
As you say that you have the First Nations head Shaman on the case, I would think that would be one of the first things he works on with him. What division OF the First Nation are you working with? I would gladly offer up the suggestions that were given US, if you should desire.
Thank you.
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
We are not trying to offend you. Where are simply giveing our opinions apon what we all have personaly experienced. We want to help you & your son.

Tori ❤
fashbro11 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
I don't mind hearing peoples opinions but they should be informed ones, not just other peoples experiences regurgitated to feel special or whatever reason. Whitebuffalo I was not singling any one person out, I just want the want to be clear on my stance, no offense to anyone intended, I agree with you, all must be considered before we plunge into a decision. The one thing that makes me wonder is the fact that most children with night terrors experience them around a closet. I have never heard of a two year old repeatedly tell someone there is a door on the ceiling with a baby ghost. My wife nor I have ever spoken that word to him. Even if we did or someone else did he does not have the capacity to understand what a ghost is. He would simply understand it as being a person. These are the things that I find hard to ignore, it is definitely odd behavior for such a young child.

I respect all the comments here that show intelligence and experience, only those who think they know will get bothered by my comments, all the knowledgeable people in this area will absolutely understand why I have said what I have.
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
I would suggest deleting your account and this story if you don't want people to give their opinions because that's kind of what this site is all about, lol.
FATMIKED518 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
i hate hearin stuff like this. It reminds me of the horrible paranormal experiences I had when I was young. I hope something can be done. Because the ghosts in my house got worse as time went on. Poor little guy. Hope things work out.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
Well, Hello, fashbro11 and wife.
Your point is very well taken, and I thank you for that.
As I seem to be the only one to have mentioned dreams... (please note that I DID point out that one should test the theory) I never ONCE said that he WAS simply dreaming. I made to suggestion to look at the whole picture, and not just assume.
YOU made a very good illustration on why someone should NOT assume.
You are absolutely right, children of that age are not prone to lying about what they see and experience. I do not see a reason to FORCE them to relive what they are having difficulties in sifting through (the asking what it was that they saw, repeatedly. Asking them to draw it out, that sort of thing).
That is why MY son is my greatest teacher.
And for the record, I would not classify MY boy as a crystal child, but I WOULD say that he is talented in that area.
Thank you.
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
I would keep your son out of that room. Try to get him to tell you what he's seeing.

Tori ❤
fashbro11 (1 stories) (3 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
I told my wife not to post here, alas she has. Psychics cause more problems then they cure, they are walking portals, they don't seem to understand this. An exorcism is absolutely not required. My son shows signs of being a crystal child, however we are investigating. Someone has played with a Ouija in our building and didn't close the corners, which has left a door or portal open in my sons room. This matter goes deeper than just one occurrence, if he is a crystal then this will be an ongoing matter. About a week ago the magnetic energy in Ontario shifted everything that was dead and dying, as a result this has brought my sons (if he has any) gifts to the surface before it's intended time, he is not prepared for it, thus freaking him out. Why people must play with what they don't understand is beyond me. We are consulting in the near future with the head shaman for all of the first nation, so the issue will be dealt with in a swift and correct manner.
I will say this, two year olds don't have the capacity at this age to dream doors on the ceiling or of the like, they know nothing of grown up miss understandings or imagination. Kids are the most honest beings, they know not how to lie and say what they see. This is not harming my son, it is simply confusing him, when kids get confused they project it as fear. The lack of sleep is definitely of concern but he now has crystal rocks that seem to be subsiding the energy, he has washed them without any of us telling him to do so. That knowledge has come from some place, he knows by instinct what to do with the crystals, case in point, the washing gets the energy out so it can reabsorb more.

People on these forums for the most part have no idea what they are talking about and continue the miss information cycle. It is easy to tell who knows and who doesn't, your words and beliefs give you away, so please don't try to give your piece of mind.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
I am going to go the other way with my opinion on this recount as the other posters here. Do not be alarmed, do not go over the deep end, and do not jump to conclusions. I do not think you are in need of an exorcism.
First, as a parent of five and a grandparent of seven, please let me make a light hearted suggestion to you.
I know it is easy to send children to their room for disciplinary action. But try sending him somewhere else, like in an empty dining room or another room that is not in use at the time. If you use his bedroom as a "punishment" he may not feel all that comfortable in there. He MAY simply associate it WITH punishment. He IS only two.
As a two year old, there are many things developing for him at this time. He is just learning how to communicate completely, is getting in touch with fears, and is in the process of learning the difference between reality, tv, fantasy and wishes.
SOMEtimes (at least this is the case with MY kinner and kinskinner) in the midst of deciphering what is real, and what was a dream they project those images they see behind their closed lids onto whichever surface they first focus on. If he generally sleeps on his back, it would follow that the ceiling would be the focal point. On his side; the wall at sleeping eye level and so forth.
As he MAY be working through the two dimensions (meaning sleep visions and what is seen while he is awake, and nothing more) in his own mind, WHEREVER he sleeps MAY cause a bit of trepidation. So keep that in mind, as well.
I am not saying that there is nothing in that room, I am merely trying to point out that you may want to test the theory before jumping off into the abyss. I have heard many an account of parents calling in the "professionals" just to find out their child has a case of night terrors or dealing with scary dreams.
The cat is trying to catch something on the ceiling? Are the ceilings low enough that the cat can jump that high? Is there a reflection or vent somewhere in that area?
Thank you.
opaleone (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
Hmm...
Give him some crayons and see if you can get him to draw what he's seeing for you.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
I so agree with -_Syeetaque_-. That is not good! 😨 I recommend letting him stay somewhere were he can sleep properly and not to try communicate with it.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
There's something happening there... And I don't think you should do nothing about it...
Try bringing over a psychic... Get help immediately... It's harming your son... Try to stay somewhere else for the time being... Get the house exorcised...
Stay safe ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: