You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Never Provoke A Graveyard Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Never Provoke A Graveyard Spirit

 

In my earlier story "Dream of A Funeral That Turned Demonic", I talked about having a dream about a cemetery near where I live. This story takes place at the same cemetery but was all too real.

I was meeting somebody in town and had time to spare so I decided to go to the cemetery for five minutes to kill some time. I had been watching some episodes of Ghost Hunters International recently and decided to try provoking a response from the spirits said to haunt the cemetery. After I had yelled some challenges that in hindsight were probably quite offensive to the spirits there, I felt as though I was being watched and a bizarre chill went through my body. Then I noticed a little girl standing by a tree watching me, within a few seconds of me noticing her she disappeared. Then it started getting a little windy at the time I didn't think much of it but looking back I get the feeling that the wind wasn't natural.

I decided to leave and was about to go along a path that went through some trees. Then I heard footsteps in the trees and I ran along the path as quickly as I could. As I ran through the trees I heard a faint sound in the trees that sounded like a child giggling. As soon as I was out of the trees I walked quickly to the main gate. The wind stopped as soon as I left and I looked back through a gap in the hedge and saw a shape dart behind a gravestone.

This experience left me shocked and puzzled. Later on I found out that one of the ghosts that supposedly haunt the cemetery is a little girl who likes to play games with people.

Other hauntings by LordOfDarkeningShadows

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LordOfDarkeningShadows, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Eeep! When I start thinking I see things I push it away and block it out until it disappears, I honestly don't know how you would be able to do that especially after having that dream that you posted and mentioned in the first paragraph of this experience...

You may want to go back and apologize even if you take a trusted friend...

I'd also be careful as the little girl may either be a happy playful spirit feeling just a little lonely or she could be much worse, I've heard a bit about dark things taking the form of something harmless and kind like a family member or child... BE CAREFUL even if you aren't sure whether to believe or not! 😊
Thegrinch17 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-19)
That is a very bad idea, provoking a spirit like that! Only an experienced person should be doing that because you never know what can happen! Some spirits get downright violent when provoked. I wouldn't advise doing that again if I were you! You could get hurt or attacked.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
I am kind of intrigued. I went back and checked out the other two stories you posted, mainly because you pointed to one of them in the first paragraph. In the comment section of one of the stories (sorry, I can not recall which one at the moment) you said that this cemetery is reportedly haunted by a few malevolent ghosts. Thank God you only ran into this playful little girl.
I am not going to harp on you for trying to provoke a ghost, as it would appear that nothing came of it. Again, thank your lucky stars. A response to a provocation is reportedly quite the opposite of what you have experienced.
I do have a question for you. Any chance that you went and checked out the tombstone that you watched the figure dart behind? I am just curious as to whether it was that of a young girl.
Thank you.
LordOfDarkeningShadows (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
you're right Surya, I certainly won't be doing that again, I've learned my lesson
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
I enjoyed your story, you did make me laugh the way you legged. Bet you won't be doing that again. 😉
bozoe6 (7 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
you are lucky that the ghost didn't follow or attach herself to you. Better yet, you are lucky that it was just a little girl playing with you rather than something more dark that would/could be harmful to you.

Thanks for sharing your story.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
you should certinley never provoke spirits in a graveyard or be offencive towards them they were once living on this earth and still have the same feelings and if you had crossed the path of an inhuman spirit they are spirits who never inhabit a human person and can cause a lot of problems and they can follow people anywhere you should definetley go back and apoligise to the spirits and to this little girl and try and consult a medium who can send this girl into the light where she can be at peace she is probabley trapped here and is lonley that's why she trys to get attention you will feel good for having helped take care and good luck... Keep me posted...
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
And what lesson did you learn from this experience? Never try to provoke a spirit, especially out of boredom. ChildOfTheLotus has the right advice for you, go back and apologize to any spirits you offended. If this little girl likes to play games with people, when you go back and apologize to the spirits, why not bring a stuffed animal or a ball and try to play with her. Maybe she could use someone to play with.
FATMIKED518 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
i tried going to oakwood for a second time, because its in the next town over. But the person driving took us to pinewood. Also supposed to be very haunted.

I went in alone. The others were too scared to go all the way in. I had no flashlight. I touched graves and stuff. And said things. Nothing happened during or after.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
I agree with the other two posters. What were you thinking? That was a terrible idea. Perhaps you should take another trip to the cemetary and apologize to them, to prevent any weird things from happening.
ozzy (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
i agree with bookluver123 you should never do that they can follow you home
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
You should never do that. I mean say offensive stuff to ghosts.
I like this girl, she sounds cute.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: