You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Suicide 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Suicide 2

 

In the first part you read about a young man I found as a deputy, dead one evening from a gun shot wound, and 2 young girls who were his friends. What happened next is stranger than the first part, and it involves three young women.

Tom had been buried about three days now, one evening I was asked by one of the young women if I wouldn't mind sitting down with Anna and her mom in 2 days. I had been given permission from my Sergeant and administration to talk with staff who knew Tom, I wasn't a counselor or therapist but I was thrown into an unusual position. I was allowed to console with those who were grieving.

Anna was Tom's girlfriend and when I met her, she was a mess. I had seen pictures and a name on these drawings at his apt, and one of the girls said it was a friend of theirs and his girlfriend. So on this evening Anna's mother shook my hand and introduced herself, thanking me for what I did in regards to the 2 young girls and her daughter. His plans went much farther than I imagined at the time, he wanted all three of the women to join him at his apt, this I verified with each of the girls. Here he would end their lives as well as his, and a father of one of the girls did, as well, thank me for saving the life of his child. This girl later cried in front of me and her father, explaining that she was sorry for thinking I was a "know it all cop" I am grateful these girls will go on and have families of their own, but it was a lesson for all to learn from.

I found out they were all class mates at the University of Utah, and they all shared one thing in common, they were 10 years younger than Tom, almost the same build, body shape, and beautiful. (Eerie) I found out that night that he raped Anna; date rape. Her mother did most of the talking for the first 40 minutes or so, Anna was very quiet and nonresponsive. I was asking the girl questions, but she stared at the ground. It was later in the evening that I found out what he had done to this girl.

Once in a while she would mumble a word or two, but at first she was, as I said, nonresponsive. The girl had come to see me for one reason, and her mother was interested in what I knew. After the rape, the girl moved in with her parents some 6.5 hours south of Salt Lake. Anna had heard that I had seen Tom, meaning he visited me a few nights after his death, and stood at the foot of my bed. I said that I had seen him, and also felt his presence in the facility. I was freaking people out, but I didn't hide anything from people, that's the way it is. Anna rose from her seat and asked to use the restroom, she was feeling sick. I pointed down the hall, and watched her enter the ladies room. This is when I told her mother, "He's waiting for her you know." Her mothers jaw dropped to the floor and asked me, "What did you say" I repeated what I said and she was white as a ghost. By this time Anna was running down the hall, grabbing onto her mothers arm. She was seated in the chair shaking; her mother grabbed her and shook her, the girl was in a trance. Anna looked at her mother and said, "He's here" At that time her mom said, "You have to listen to what this man is telling you, he has something to say". I don't remember the whole conversation, but when I told them that Tom hadn't crossed over, that he would come looking for her, she went silent. Here is where it really got weird.

Anna's mom said the girl had been visited, or so she thought he was bothering her daughter. The night Tom took his life, a door located in their basement flung open and they were hit by a rush of cold air. The door had a pad lock on it, and the lock was never removed, so I was told by the mother. No one in the home removed it, it had been locked since they bought the old home.

When I had a moment to speak with the mother, I explained to her that he would not leave her child alone. I later found out that the girl moved to Washington State, and the mother explained to me that she "had to get away" I never spoke to them after that.

For a good week after that I saw shadows dart in and out of the facility I worked at, then one day it all stopped. Not long after I left the Sheriffs office, I had enough of the laughter and jokes behind my back.

Paranormalpest

Other hauntings by paranormalpest

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, paranormalpest, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

happy (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
i was taken back by your story, I'm not a psychic or anything but when I was younger I grew up in a haunted home it wasn't so much seeing, you would hear thing all round the house glass breaking I remember one time when the light bulb flew out from it socket and went on fire on my grandmothers bed foot steps the feeling of being watched. The point I'm trying to make is I know all these things happened to us my family do to. Its other people I used to tell would ridicule me and laugh. Now tho I don't care I'm older and wiser and those memories of the strange occurrences are burned I'm my memory they wasn't just dreams or my imagination. Keep up the good work I hope you find a publisher as I would be the first to read.p.s believe in your self that's more important than having a few guys laughing behind your back
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
Well, I will be honest with you. I spent more time in the School of Life than any university or college. It has always been MY thought that experience is a better teacher than education, but that is just me. Not saying that everyone who reads this should drop out of whichever university that they are currently attending (or WHATEVER school they are in). Not saying that at ALL, just merely meaning that I have met some very intelligent book smart people who could not fight their way out of a crowd of people that parted for their crossing. On the other hand, I have met some extremely cunning street smart individuals that could not spell their own name. THAT was my whole point in saying that. Experience. THAT is the key.

On to your answer.
Well Heck, Sylvia Browne does not always hit the right hot spot either, but no one chases HER away from the yellow ribbon, know what I mean?
One of the hardest lessons to learn is that "sticks and stones..." Ah, crap, everyone should know that phrase- but it is only HALF true. Words may not hurt us physically, but emotionally they can be worse than a snake bite that no one wants to suck the venom out of. They CAN BE a slow death.
I am sure you know this, but people are cruel. They shun what they do not understand, and are vicious when they think they have the only right answer to any solution. It is a cut throat world out there, which I am sure you also know. We need a few more healers, and a lot less of the manipulators.
You are right, not all departments use psychics, but is the homicide unit in a separate building, or would the seer have to walk the line between the desks to GET to homicide? Chances are, they would watch what they said more closely as it related to a colleague, than they would for a stranger.
My major point here is that MOST psychics have been fighting the throng their entire lives. They have been put in front of the firing squad numerous times before they even made it to adulthood. While their skin is not made of iron, their will surely is. The object, for MOST psychics, is to HELP.
You know what though? Those are the challenges life is MADE of. It takes a strong man to hold his head high and walk through the crowd that is jeering at him and pretending that nothing is sticking to him. It also takes a deaf ear and a blind eye at times. Truth of the matter is, we would all like to be hard as nails at times, but we just are not. We are human.
I hope you are more comfortable in this new job. It may not be where you thought you would be ten years ago when you looked forward to this day, but you have a purpose there.
And when you run into those other guys? Just wink at them and let them know how much less stress there is THERE (even if it is not less stressful) because one day they are going to find themselves wishing you were still standing on that line with them.
Thank you.
paranormalpest (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
Whitebuffalo.
I must admit that never crossed my mind, thank you for showing me this. Not all departments use psychics though. When I read your comment I was taken back, and you made me think as well, "why did they think I was a nut or crazy" I couldn't lead them to a crime scene, I don't have the abilities to, "Talk with the dead" I do however see them now and then, so why did they they laugh at me behind my back. (I don't know)

I have heard some officers say, That's a load of crap" Meaning, to see the dead is impossible. I guess one would have to take pitty on a psychic, and hope they know what their getting into. In the book I wrote, I tell of Sgts, officers, and who knows who else, joking about what I saw at the facility. I kind of felt like an idiot at times, I was embarrassed to show my face at work. I might be an educated man with many degrees, but I also have feelings and did not appreciate what I heard from other officers.

Life goes on, maybe I should just keep my mouth shut and take it with a grain of salt.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
I have read both of these accounts, and surprisingly all of the comments. That is a rarity for me, just thought I would let you know that.
I have a question that does not directly relate to either one of these stories. It is just an... I am not sure really what to call it, kind of question.😊
I have heard of numerous cases that SOMEone in the department called in either a psychic, or a seer to assist in. I see that you have left that particular department as a direct result of the laughter and jokes and what not from your colleagues.
How to word this question? 😕
Are you saying that these same officers (I know, "Not all people are alike" and so forth, but it is a "pool" of officers, and more than likely the only chance we might get to get an answer out of a former officer), that would work with an outside source to obtain the same thing they COULD have, had they not been so immature about your abilities, had a problem with "one of their own" WITH the ability?
What I am trying to get passed is the fact that I KNOW of a person who has worked with the police on a few cases. She had been hired outside of the force to bring to the table a different view. She has been told that she would be respected right up until the point in time that she is caught putting on a show, and not just working the case. Is it YOUR OPINION that these same officers would call her a fraud to her back, and the "best tool in town" to her face?
I just... It strikes me as odd that the police WOULD work hand in hand with an outsider, but call their "inside man" the butt of their joke. Why burn ALL the bridges?
Thank you.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
You doing good with this story, You have choose to help this girls who will become dead if you hadn't stop them from tom that he had kill himself but his spirit didn't leave her alone he got to be stop.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
I am sorry to hear that people did not believe you and how tormented Anna was.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
i really liked your story its scary to think that people who are evil in this life are able to come back and cause us harm but there are ways of dealing with this and a good psychic would know what to do. Have you spoken to anyone of this caliber about it? I was sorry to hear that you handed in your badge and left the force people who laugh at us and behind our backs are only laughing at their own ignorance... I wish you all the best in the future and good luck with your book I'm looking forward to reading it and when its published you can have a laugh at them take care...
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
Poor Anna. I'm sorry to hear that people that you worked with laughed behind your back. I think that was an incredibly brave thing to do. 😊
I hope to hear more about your book soon.

God Bless.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
Oh God poor Anna, she must be terrified. I hope she finds a way to protect herself from Tom's restless and malevolent spirit.
Looking forward to reading more of your stories. Take Care and thanks for posting. 😊
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
wow... Your story's amazing... I'm looking forward to your book... Creepy, Tom hasn't crossed over yet and still bothered Anna sometime after his death... He wasn't willing to let go of her...
I hope nothing happens to Anna though... And paranormalpest, make sure you post us if your book gets published... Good luck... I like your stories...
Stay safe ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: