You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The River

Real Ghost Stories

The River

 

This story was experienced with one friend, even though there were about 8 or 9 of us at the time.

It was March 10th 2009, me and a number of friends (specifically Brandon) were all on a bike ride in north Birmingham (Britain). We began our bike ride at the top of a very steep hill that led into big woodland with lots of open space; we all went down this hill with no casualties fortunately as no movie connection (signal) was reachable from where we were. So as you do we devised to go further into this woodland, may I point out that it was very dark as it was winter and about 8 o'clock.

We reached a fork in the road and it was someone's genius idea to split up down these three paths Dan Matt and tony went down one path, me and Brandon went down the middle and without a doubt the creepiest looking path, finally the remaining three who I won't name went down the Right path.

Me and Brandon were about half way down this path when Brandon turned to me and said, 'we have no signal, no way out, no meeting point, and no lights.' from that point it was when we realized we were on our own. After about 10 more minutes of reluctantly walking down this long path and beside our bikes, we reached a river, a very shallow river where you could see the stones that lay on the surface, on the opposite side of the river there was a small building that seemed to be very well protected, with barb-wire and flashlights surrounding it. Being stupid we approached the building seeking refuge, and then heard a clear and deep voice... 'back off lads' but still don't know where it came from, I'm pretty sure it wasn't a ghost or a spirit but can never be certain, then we looked down the path to see if anything significant awaited, then it happened.

A little girl stood there with a COMPLETELY whirr body and face, except for the eyes, the eyes were jet black the kind you don't forget, the mind you see on the Internet and no matter how hard you try you can't look away. I leant over to Brandon and not shouting or whispering said 'go go go go go go go go go go go...' staring into her eyes I scrambled on my bike and began to ride away, as I turned back I saw her hovering still, the first time I genuinely saw someone hover, it was so scary.

I would do some background information on the place if I knew where the hell it was.

Helpful comments please.

Trust in the lord forever

Other hauntings by Webbstain

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Webbstain, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Webbstain (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Thanks for your comment jack, I agree with everything you said but brandon dosent agree, I think he's in denial.

But yeah, thanks.
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
Wierd or what, I suppose it could have been a combination of tiredness concern at being lost, the lights behind giving off an unusual visial spectical ect, especually the running water nearby. Its strange that a voice was heard to back off that sounds like a security thing, you were not suppose to be there I expect. Just a thought 🤔 Jack
Webbstain (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
100% you don't get stuff like that wrong, clear as day. Any more questions? All are welcome!
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
Are you sure that it was not a girl who in the light looked creepy? Just so we can rule out possibilities.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: