You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: People In The Car Windshield

Real Ghost Stories

People In The Car Windshield

 

I was living in a trailer park with my husband, right before we got married. I was about 5 or 6 months pregnant with my son at the time this happened. Just to note, nobody died in this trailer. I lived in a very small town at the time (before finally moving back to my childhood home), less than 2000 people. When somebody in town died, everybody knew. Everyone knew where everyone else lived. There was no way there could have been a death in this house, we would have known about it.

Brandon (my husband) and I were sitting outside on the porch steps, just talking and relaxing. It was a cloudy day and looked like it would rain pretty soon. The two of us love rainy weather, so we were outside waiting to see if it would start up. It was somewhere between noon and 2:00pm.

There wasn't a noise or anything, but for some reason, Brandon and I both got quiet and turned our heads at about the same time in the direction of the car. We had a Hyundai Sonata, and there were PEOPLE in the front windshield! The car was about 10 feet away from where we were sitting, so we could both see very clearly that there was the image of three people in the windshield of our car.

The reflection was positioned as if the three people were standing right in front of the car, facing the windshield, and their images caught on glass. They were mostly solid looking, only slightly misty on account of the fact that car windshields don't make good reflections. We saw no people standing by the car, no solid matter, just the picture in the glass, as if it was painted on there like one of those windshield decals. The people didn't move. They were completely still. They looked serious, but slightly bored.

One person was a very heavy-set, elderly man. He looked very much like ex-President Taft, but he was bald. He looked like he was about seventy years old and he was dressed in a nice suit, as if he was at a formal event or getting a family picture taken. The collar of his suit was a little too tight and his double chin was sticking out more than it would if he had been wearing a loose shirt.

The second person was a woman. She was wearing a red dress or tank top. It was bright red, and looked like it was made out of a silky material. The shirt/dress she was wearing didn't fit her right. It was too loose. The woman was quite thin. She looked like she was in her late 40's or very early 50's. She had stringy looking, limp brown hair, and it just hung to chest length. Her face was thin and angular and she had scars on her cheeks, like she maybe had a meth problem earlier in her life (I have a lot of experience on what ex-meth heads look like, and this is exactly what she looked like).

The third person was another man, also thin, probably a couple of years older than the woman. He was losing his hair, but wasn't bald. He had a big nose and thin lips. He was also dressed nicely, like the first man. The weird thing was, both men were very gray looking, like from an old black and white movie, but the woman's dress and hair actually showed color.

Brandon asked me, "Babe, are you seeing what I'm seeing?" And I said that I was pretty sure that I did. We talked it over and each had to describe pieces of one of them, and we were seeing the same exact people. There was no way we could have been seeing anything different. The descriptions were too close. We just looked at them. They were right there for like 3 minutes before finally fading away. At first I thought that they were clouds, but clouds don't show colors like red or brown, they are just white or gray.

Other hauntings by ChildOfTheLotus

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ChildOfTheLotus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

anniewilder (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
Got chills when I read this ~ GREAT story. My husband and I lived in a trailer in a small town when we were first married. I could picture this in my mind as I read it ~ freaky!
butthead (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
like someone else said, sounds to me like 3 people attached to the area and just... Watching you. Maybe confused to why you are there.
Elise (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
Wow, what a great story. I can tell that you are telling the truth about it. This is so interesting.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-10)
Ooh, interesting 😁
Well thanks for a very interesting story!
Take care

C
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-10)
Besides seeing Shadow Men, this is the first paranormal experience my husband has ever had. He has never seen solid people before or since this incident.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-10)
This story is so interesting... Does your husband see things like this much or is it just you?
Such a good story!
Take care.

C
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
There wasn't. There is/has been only one small clinic in that small town, and it was all the way on the other side of town. Before the landlord bought the property, it had always just been desert. Then he put the trailers and office on the land.

The woman could have very well been a prostitute to support her meth addiction, but she wasn't dolled up and had no make-up on her face. Maybe the two richly dressed men were her clients...but I would think that they could afford prettier than this poor woman. Maybe they were all family members or something?
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
It was probably around but not in my town. I knew all of the "hoods" in our little town and have spoken with them since now that we're older about the small amount of drugs we had access to compared with todays. "Thank goodness!" anywho, I wonder why those three obviously different kinds of people in life would be hanging out together in the after life? Was there some type of hospital or medical facility of anykind around there that each in their own time might have passed away at?
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
On the contrary, vulcan10, meth can be traced back clear to the early 1900's (was invented by a Japanese man in 1893), and was even used by Nazi soldiers back in WWII. But judged by the way that the woman was dressed, I agree with you. She could not have died very long ago. The shirt/dress she was wearing looked like relatively new style. I'm guessing if she was a ghost, she died around the 80's or 90's.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
If she was a meth head,she couldn't have been that long dead. They didn't even have that when I was a kid. The worst part though is that "YOU HAVE TO WEAR A SUIT AND TIE AFTER DEATH!" He must have been really bad or naughty. I don't even like to wear one now.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-19)
Yeah, the woman's scarred face really stuck out to me and it took me only a few seconds to realize what kind of scars they were. I was really wondering about her. She seemed so out of place amongst the two well-dressed men.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
If the OP ever comes back to comment:

I too know what a meth "head" or user looks like. And no, I have never indulged in the use of Meth or any other illegal drugs. I've seen documentaries, read books and sadly seen former classmates after being hooked on the stuff.

I do hope the original poster comes back.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
That is creepy. I think it could have been some random ghosts who can to see you.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
That was probably just three people attached to the land. It doesn't have to be connected to the house you live in at all. They may have lived in that area at one time. They may be Imprints!
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
Very strange indeed, I have heard of ghostly faces at windows and mirrors, I suppose a car windscreen is much the same. I wonder who they were and what they wanted, you should ask around if anyone else has seen the same thing. Jack 😊
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
Dear GOD that is rather creepy.

I'm honestly at a loss. Did you ever see this sort of thing again? Or your husband? Any neighbors?

Thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: