You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Old Lady With The Pale Blue Eyes

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Lady With The Pale Blue Eyes

 

This story took place in the early summer of the start of the year 2000. I was going through an emotional time to say the very least. It was less than two weeks since Id buried my mother and just over a week since Id celebrated my birthday. After two weeks of unpaid leave, I was heading back to my then work in Hamilton Scotland.

As I normally did on a Monday morning, I Parked my car at the top of the High street next to the large gas storage tanks. I then proceeded to walk down the short side road which led to the main street of Hamilton town centre. I was running a little late that morning. About half way along this side street, I noticed an old lady standing at the corner next to the metal fences that surrounded the gas tanks. I had not noticed her before but she seemed to have come from nowhere. I suddenly realized she was waiting for me, and wanted to speak to me. As I got to her she said good morning, and very quickly, to my shock started to talk to me about the sudden loss of a loved one. Why anyone would bring this up on a Monday morning, and spookily read my mind on the fact of my distress at the loss of my mum, really caught me off my guard. The one thing I always remember about this lady was her eyes, very blue and strangely not quite right. They were very beautiful and were far too young for this elderly face.

As I was running late, I tried to hurry the conversation and very politely said my goodbyes. It was only a few seconds as I crossed the empty road and turned back to find the old lady had vanished into thin air. There was no where she could have gone, even if she had run away, the high metal fences made sure of that.

Who or what was the old lady?

I will always wonder about it.

Jack

Other hauntings by Jackashton

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jackashton, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-02)
Are you and/or your mother Scottish? You know Scots tend to have 'the sight'. Have you ever seen the like again? Do you remember what she said to you about losing a loved one? It may be wisdom direct from Celtic 'Avalon' or the like.
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-30)
Oh I was very polite and let the old lady say what she wanted to say,and I was a bit taken aback,even speechless at the subject matter.I get the feeling she would have talked with me for a very long time,if I had not been running late,that is Regards Jack 😊
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-30)
You never did say if you gave her a chance to say what it was that she had to say, but I think she already knew you would be alright... Too everything
soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
I am really sorry about your mother. May she rest in peace.

I agree with book_luver123.I think it was a good spirit who was trying to comfort you.

Take care. ❤
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
Thanks for reading my story, some interesting comments and I take them on board. I have an open mind about what happened and who or what the old lady represented. Its what makes our lives interesting and never dull eh 😊Jack
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
I think it was a spirit who wanted to comfort you. Hobbyholly I have those sort of people in my neighborhood too.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
Jackashton--No, not your mother herself, and maybe not even a message from her but an appearance by some type of ethereal being, for what else but a fully-realized hallucination that interacts with you could disappear within a few moments? I mean, you made it clear she couldn't climb the fence, didn't get in a car that would have passed you one way or another, wasn't swooped up in a helicopter, and didn't live down a hole.
Since you've had specific experiences you identify as from your mum, the woman apparently wasn't any more than confirming what you'd already accepted. But these encounters do shake up our complacency, even for a week or two, eh?
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
Most people would think it was a message from my mum. But I have felt my mothers presence, and this was different. I don't think it was her personaly, if you know what I mean. 😊 Jack
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
Hi folks, well the old lady was talking about loss, that the person who's past away is not really gone ect. Thats why I was taken aback and caught off my guard. Id never seen the lady before and never saw her again. 😐 Jack
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
Jackashton--A delightful little coda on the subject of your sad loss. Thanks for telling it.
I'm sure you have your own ideas of how and why the woman with the beautiful eyes was there to say what she did. You were running late (with a mix of impatience and edginess at the odd aspects of the encounter) so hastened along.
Just as there's no simple black/white in this world, I think there's no either/or between this "reality" and beyond it.
If it was a messenger from your mother (who knew you'd freak if she appeared herself), she was one you'd surely stop for. If it was "merely" a corporeal old woman with young eyes who had a tale to tell, it's still a timely coincidence. You don't mention what the point of her anecdote. Significant? ~ James
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
Very interesting.

Common sense or logical would say it could have been some crazy old woman that hangs around (I had plently of the "apocolypes is coming" people near my L stop).

Or not. It could have been a message from your mother. Were her words comforting at all? Did you ever see her again?
Thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: