You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Message From The Dead To The Dead

Real Ghost Stories

A Message From The Dead To The Dead

 

A boy that used to go to my school had committed suicide just this school year. He had been with my class for about 7 years and switched schools the year he killed himself. For safety purposes, his name will be changed, as will everyone else's in the story. A week after he committed suicide me and a friend of mine, Tori, had gotten together for a sleepover. She had known Cameron, the boy that had committed suicide, and asked me to go to the funeral with her that night before the sleepover. Well, knowing me, I declined, I had already been to one of my classmate's funeral that year and was not about to go to another one.

Funerals were never my thing and when I told Tori no, she decided to stay home from the funeral as well. We sat at her house, in broad daylight, talking about the usual gossip and what-not. She got a serious look on her face in the middle of the conversation and told me then, "You know, my house is haunted." It sent chills down my spine knowing that I was now stuck at a haunted house for the night. Then again, I figured it could just be Tori trying to scare me. So I asked for proof from her. She told me that her and her family were sitting on the couches one night watching a movie when all the doors in the house slammed shut and everything hanging up on the walls fell down.

It was only one incident and I told that to her out loud. She shook her head and said as serious as ever, "We'll see. Maybe it'll come out just for you." Another chill went down my back and I quickly changed the subject to prevent myself from thinking about it too much. Soon we decided on watching a movie and as I got up to go I stepped on a nail on her floor. Luckily it just hurt, no puncture wounds were made, and I set the nail on her windowsill while Tori apologized profusely for leaving such a thing on her floor.

Not long after that we were settled in watching a scary movie (still in daylight). As we sat there I tipped my head to the side and caught out of the corner of my eye movement. I turned to get a better look when I saw the rocking chair next to us moving. I waited until it stopped and tried to recreate the scene. Stomping about didn't do it, neither did plopping down in the couch next to it. The only thing that did work was me sitting in the chair and rocking it.

Tori asked me what I was doing as she was multitasking between the movie and texting at the time and was unable to notice the rocking chair moving by itself. I told her and she dragged me into her room, afraid of what had just happened. I was naturally fine by it, able to brush it off like most things and move on. That was when I went over to the window and looked out it to clear my thoughts. All I needed was some time to think about other things and the rocking chair incident would be all behind me.

Of course I set my elbows on the windowsill, of course I set an elbow on the nail I had set up there earlier, and of course I jumped back in surprise. But not from the nail, but from the message. Etched into the wood on her windowsill were the words RIP CAMERON. "Did you touch the nail?" I asked her, knowing the answer would obviously be no since Tori was with me the whole time. "No, did you?" "Of course not!" "Well you know what that means..." Yes, I did. Her house really was haunted. The rest of the night was spirit-free; it was if the spirit wanted to make itself known and let us know that it meant no harm. It makes me sad to think about the experience, after all, I've never heard of a spirit feeling remorse for another. Thanks for reading.

RIP Cameron

-Hope

Other hauntings by Hopeful23

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hopeful23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
i wonder who was the ghost that wished RIP for Cameron... 😲
Did you ever tried to find it out...?
scared-all-my-life (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
hope who was the ghost? If you know then please tell me. By the way it was a great story that left me thinking. 😊
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-02)
Lisa_rose,

I'm open to the possibility that it was Cameron that was there that day. Something inside me tells me it wasn't though. While Tori and me knew him, we weren't that close. It seems odd that he would visit us when all of his friends were at his funeral. Thanks for your reply, glad you enjoy my stories ❤

-Hope
lisa_rose (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-28)
do you think it was cameron who visited you two that day? Or another spirit I really like this story your stories are so interesting ❤
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
Preeti- The movie we were watching that night was actually the Sixth Sense. Her family was a huge fan of horror films and I picked the one that I thought would be least scary.
Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-20)
Do you know spirits asks for help from those who are not weak enough or from those whom they think they can... And its good that you are not harmed y any of them god less you... You must have seen the movie SIXTH SENSE it would be appropriate to compare you with that boy in film no doubt there are some spirits who are good and who are bad...

God bless you always dear... 😊 ❤
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
Hi hopeful23: that's really a great story I'm really sorry to hear about the girl in your class that died and the boy who commited suicide may they both rest in peace I hope their spirits are gone to the light now and are in a happier place. One of my nephews commited suicide 6 years back he was 17 and even though we have all moved on as best we can I guess things will never be totally the same again... You do seem to have certin ysychic abalities yourself do and id say you will have spirits coming to you in visitation from time to time and I do suggest that you allways seek protection from gurdain angels and arcangels to shield you with protective light so as no harmful spirits can harm you don't ever be affraid do as bad spirits prey on peoples fears I know its not allways easy but be strong. Take care...
soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
I am really feeling sorry for the boy. May he 'Rest In Peace'.And thanks for the great story.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
I am sorry to hear about him.
With the face ti could have been a random ghost who wanted your attention.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
Hopeful23--I'm sure by now you've considered the RIP was a message not to Cameron but to you--perhaps to alert you that, say, you're sensitive and will have visitors from time to time.
With or without the photo, it would be difficult to verify it was a face actually IN Tori's hair. We humans are programmed to recognize thousands of different human features, and we often make them out in all kind of material masses, from clouds to rumpled clothing to McDonald's hamburgers. It's my opinion only a real face imposed on her hair would convince me of a supernatural presence there. But keep watching for signs. And I'd suggest you learn some mental self-protection techniques, whether it's a prayer or surrounding yourself with a golden aura or whatever.
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
Thanks for the replies. Nor_Cal_Girl, I'm not sure if it was Cameron or not. A girl died earlier that year and I didn't know her at all. Nevertheless I had gone to her funeral since something was pulling me there. When I went I felt this prescence by me the whole entire time. For some reason I felt compelled to cry for a girl I had hardly met but seemed to feel a strong bond to her. I have a friend that is very connected to the paranormal and all they could tell me was that she was by my side the whole entire funeral. So what's the deal? Am I some kind of magnet for the dead? Was Cameron following some sort of pull when and if he wound up at Tori's house? I guess we'll never know.

Another thing I must mention is the fact that later that night we were goofing off and snapping photos like any teenagers would do. Making silly faces, doing BFF shots, the usual. Well I was taking a picture of her as her back was to me. I looked at the picture after I had taken it and found that it had a face in it. Twisted into her hair was literally a face. You could make out the painful yet creepy look it held. The eyes were twisted into large black holes, holding a wincing expression to them. The nose was but a small black dot, yet darker than the actual shade of Tori's hair. The mouth itself was down on one side, like it was hurting, and the other side held a spooky feel to it, there are no words to describe how it looked. I silently showed the picture to Tori. At first she asked me why I was showing her such a picture, but then she paused as she leaned in to see what was wrong with her hair. She mentioned a face, and laughed at just how creepy it was, as did I nervously. However life has this weird way of deleting any evidence of the dead. My fingers were moving to delete another useless photo I had taken and I saw the ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DELETE screen pop up. I clicked yes and saw it delete the picture of the face I had just taken. How did it do such a thing when I know I was deleting a completely different photo?

-Hope
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
I know how sad it is to have your classmates pass away. Many young people do in my community due to high-risk behavior. I'm sorry to hear about the young man who took his life. I wonder, was he reminding your friend who didn't go to his funeral?
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
Really good story, and I too am sorry to hear of your friend's passing. I'm guessing you're correct when you said this spirit means no harm, and it's odd that one would feel remorse... Unfortunatley I'm not a physic or medium, and can't help you in this experience. Good luck:-)
mikaylaandchance812 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
that's a really good story! I'm sorry about the boy who died, though. Thanks for the story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: