You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Shadows In The Graveyard

Real Ghost Stories

Shadows In The Graveyard

 

This event took place when I was a young teenager an actor had died who acted on a long running drama on Irish television a drama that I very rarely missed so I decided to go to the funeral and I had found out which graveyard in Dublin he was being buried in. So I went along on my bike to pay my respects.

After the funeral proceedings I decided to look around the graveyard as the weather was pleasant enough and as it is the biggest and oldest graveyard in Ireland I wanted to see some of the old graves and crypts, so I cycled around slowly and stopped anywhere I found something I wanted to view.

After a while going around I began to feel I was being watched everything began to feel foreboding and weird, and then suddenly I started to see black shadows darting slowly and fast around the tombstones and crypts and then coming towards me slowly and darting away fast when close to me. I started to feel really scared at this stage and decided it was time to cycle away fast, so I got on my bike only to discover it was punctured but I kept going anyway and all the time I could still see these shadows following after me darting in and out and even moving along the ground it was really scary and by now my bike had several punctures, so I just ran holding on to the bike at the same time.

Eventually I got to the exit gate of the graveyard and the black shadows all darted back into the graveyard again some even seemed to go in under the earth I was so scared my legs were like jelly but I kept going until I was a fair distance away. I sat down for a while then walked home I will never forget this event it really freaked me out for a few weeks...

Anyone have any ideas on what it could have been...

Other hauntings by moonshadow

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, moonshadow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jadania (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-11)
That's an interesting story...
I had a similar experience at Deans Cemetery in Edinburgh. The day I visited the cemetery I was really sick with the flu. I decided it would be a good idea to protect myself and surrounded myself with white light. Doing this must have made me more 'attractive' because after about 10 minutes I was acutely aware of being surrounded by about five or six spirits. When I pick up on spirits it's by feeling emotions and energy (like static energy)
The strongest spirit was a woman pleading that she had to get back to her children. I got a picture of her in my minds eye. I didn't know what to do. I didn't feel threatened but you can imagine having five or six people standing around you sending strong emotion trying to get your attention and being unable to help them. I left the very quickly and only stopped to look back once I was well clear of the gate. I could feel them at the gate. They couldn't cross the boundary.
I think they're not necessarily bad, just souls still attached to their physical life either through sudden death or not accepting their deaths.
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
Thats pretty creepy right there. Wonder what you would get on EVP if you tried that?

Regards,

~Shadead.
iamalivingsign (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
what cemetery was it? And what actor was it?
I'd like to visit there myself.
Rebeka82 (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
Very scary I have heard about these things they are not souls at all they are actually demon like spirts and runing was the best thing. Because for some reason they like you, maybe enough to cling to you for ever.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
Hi book_luver: thanks for your comment your certinaly right I only went back there once to an old friends funeral in 1991 and I must say I felt a bit spooked being there again but I left with everyone else after the procedings. But I have to say I would like to go around there again, now that I have a bit more knowledge of the paranormal id make sure id ask for protection from archangels and the holy spirit do...
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
Never ever go back there. Ghosts who give you a bad feeling are never good for you.
fernsclint (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
this is scary what you describe... I believe that these are some people's souls who are not in peace... Probably they were mudered. I think they wanted you to leave the place or make you scared so that you never return back...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: