You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Sis I Think She Looks Strange

Real Ghost Stories

Sis I Think She Looks Strange

 

This happened a while ago when my family and me were in our car and we were on our way to our family's friend's house. They lived outside the city and there weren't many houses about anymore.

It was pretty dark outside, but also quite warm really.

On our way there we saw a girl about my age walking along the road in the middle of the night by herself; my parents were pretty worried that something might have happened to her. So they were thinking they might as well ask if she wanted a lift to wherever she was heading to, since we had one seat left which was right next to me. So my dad stopped the car to where she was at, and my parents offered to give her a lift. I thought she was going to say no, since many parents do tell their children never to take lifts from strangers. But to my surprise she said yes and hopped in right next to me.

Now there was something very weird and strange about her. She had a long brown hair tied back very neatly and she was wearing a clothing which looked could posh but also looked from the lates 1900's. Her body looked terribly pale and she had scratches on her and not to be very rude but she even stank quite very badly.

I was telling myself not to stare at her because I knew how rude that would've been, But somehow I just couldn't stop... There was just something really strange about the girl sitting next to me that really gave me goose bumps and made my hair behind my back raise.

While I was trying to move around properly around my seat, my arm accidently brushed against hers. What I experienced from that was that she was terribly freezing, it was like touching ice.

She didn't even seem to notice me at all, staring at her, since she was just staring straight ahead.

My parents tried asking her questions like what she was doing out in the middle of the night all by herself... But the girl didn't really seem answered. She just kept staring straight ahead. So my parents just gave up asking.

My sister was sitting at the back of the car right next to me on my left. She was trying to tell me something but I couldn't really tell what because she kept pointing and making faces like she was really scared of the girl too.

Then when we parked right outside the girl's house, my parents made me get out of the car to open the door for her. So I did what I was told. When I got out of the car I looked around to find nothing around but a really old house that seemed to be from the lates 1900's. When the girl got out of the car, she walked right up to her the house without knocking the door or even opening the door... She went right through...

That's when I started too freak out and screamed and got into the car really quickly telling my parents to drive off fast to our family's friend house.

During our way there, my parents asked me what on earth was wrong with me... Because it looked like I just saw a ghost. I told them I actually did and that it was that girl we just picked up. But they told me I was proberly making it up. To my surprise someone in the family DID actually believe me,

My sister. She told me that's what she was trying to tell me all along...

What did you think I saw?

Do you think I was just probably just going nuts or what?

I am really confused about this experience.

Other hauntings by walangk3

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, walangk3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lininvitu (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-26)
What did your sister tell u, What she had seen?
Because you didn't mentioned about it.
walangk3 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
Vulcan10- The house looked pretty deserted, I remember not seeing any lights opened in the house, I'm not sure... It was pretty dark in there. If someone DID live there... They sure do have some guts. 😐
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
other than the part of it raising your back hair. "yikes" That was a good story. I don't know, but if I had been dead since 1900 I would probably be a little stinky too. And another person commenting brought up something I hadn't thought about. There sure are a lot of hitchiking ghosts about. I'm telling you, if I'm hanging about after death I'm sure not going to do it at an old house. I'm talking free rides at disney world, all the movies I can watch, free entrance to any good broadway plays, wow, sounds kind of exciting. But anywho, has anyone else seen that girl ghost? Or does anyone now live in the house you dropped her at and if so have they seen anything?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
I have got to say that this is the first time I have read this legend from the voice of the child sitting next to the "victim". Very interesting. I have read of a driver and his passenger with the hiker, (both sat in the front seat) I have read of just the driver (who looked in the mirror upon driving up the girls drive) and I have read of a passerby that just happened to see a driver stop to drop someone off that was no longer in the back seat. I also read one in which the Mama of said girl answered the door as the driver was trying to return an item left by the girl.
But this is truly a first.
If this all happened just as you say, I should think your entire family has a tale that can be shared with the rest of the urban legend world. Proof positive that the legends get their start from somewhere.
Ever get a name off of a mailbox, side of the house, an article left behind, or through the rumor mill as you were all telling others of the strange encounter? I would think it would be rather difficult for the entire family to keep hush-hush about such an experience.
Someone was bound to tell you who the young lady was and how she passed.
Thank you.
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
Many tales of ghostly hitchhikers the world over, some are based on facts and real acounts others are urban legends. Good story regards Jack 😊
Dr_Peter_Venkman (2 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Thank you for answering my questions, walangk. To younddz79, you also make a good point about different countries/cultures having different norms.
jamesphantom (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Ive had my fare share of encounters and stuff. You said that she had a foul smell, if the smell was of a corpse, sulphur, or anything rotting that means that the ghost was there to hurt you.
You also mentioned scars, this may be due to a violent early life, which I think caused her death. It was a good thing she didn't do anything as the spirits who have has dramatic childhoods which have lead to their demise are often the worse.
walangk3 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Hey, thanks so much for leaving comments guys. I really appreciate it.
I'm justt going to answer some of your questions, I would answer all of them but I got to go babysit my neighbours daughter.

1) how old were you when this happened?
Hmm, I was 13 years old.
2) how far was your car from the front door of the girl's home once you arrived?
About... 3 or 4 meters away I think.
Not that far though.
3) could your parents see the front door from their car?
I'm not sure, But they parked the car in a oppostie way... Like the front of the car wasn't facing the house/doorway. It was the back side of the car that was... I'm not sure if they even saw what I saw though.
😕

My sister, however felt that the girl wasn't evil... But however the girl wasn't really good either. 😕

Will answer more again, when I have the time to... I promise. 😊
youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
To DR. Sir please remember she is from Thailand and in many of the Asian countries they do not do the same courtesies that we take as common practices in Anglo countries. I do believe your story of the ghostly hitchhiker I would like some more information like the area of Thailand that it happened and if you parents did ever say anything to you about and what your sisters perspective was of the event
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
I so believe you. For some reason there are a lot of hitchhiking ghosts around.
weasle154 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
Good story... I would have probably done the same thing that you did.
But I was more curious about why she had cuts on her. Put up more if you have any.
-SarahS- (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
What a great story that you have. But it's kind weird though how could your parents didn't feel anything or maybe they were hiding the feeling from you and your sister. Usually that what parents do. Thanks for sharing:)
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
Creepy story. My parents are from Thailand and they have told me many stories about their ghostly experiences. And this is similar to the phantom hitchhiker story, but that doesn't make this story any less credible. Thanks for sharing!
kuvyoghmoob (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
So you are from Thailand huh? Well that's nice, I was born in Thailand too, but never got the chance to see how it look. Came to the US as a baby. Anyway, that was very generous of your father to give the girl a lift, but you should know, people that walks in the middle of the night, are not really people. I mean who would be walking at midnight, especially little girls? So there, you should know it is a ghost. But, you know what don't be afriad, everyone gets there own little experience with a ghost.
Dr_Peter_Venkman (2 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
Very entertaining story. I doubt its veracity, however. I agree with hobbyholly, this sounds like a variation of the urban legend of the ghost hitchhiker. I have a few questions:
1) how old were you when this happened?
2) how far was your car from the front door of the girl's home once you arrived?
3) could your parents see the front door from their car?

It seems that if your dad was concientious enough to give the girl a ride, he would have watched her walk up to the front door of the house rather than not watch and be curious as to why you were scared. It's hard to believe your family weren't also eyewitnesses to the the "ghost's" disappearance into the front door. Also, if it were my family, I would have escorted the girl myself to the front door to meet her parents. This story is not credible.
Composerman (33 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
Wow, that is a scary account! I have read a lot about 'phantom hitchhikers' etc, who will often disappear upon reaching their 'destination'.

Just a thought, but did you consider returning to the house to ask the occupants if they knew anything about this girl?

Thanks for the account!
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
This tale reminds me of various versions of Resurrection Mary.

I don't think your nuts. But please understand its sorta hard (at least for me) to believe this story. I've heard so many versions/stories like this.

I wonder what your parents were thinking. If I were to pick up a stranger (never will happen) I'd get her name...age...basically keep asking questions until I get an answer.

I also find it odd that your parent's would put themselves and their family in such danger of picking up a stranger.
soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
wow...that was creepy. The way you described your experience... I believe you. I think the girl wanted to haunt you.

Take care. ❤ ❤ ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: