You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Afternoon Adventures

Real Ghost Stories

Afternoon Adventures

 

Because I have been reading a lot from this site and enjoyed all the different stories, I began to really think about my past to see if something "strange" had happened before and I didn't notice. Sure enough I found one and still do not know what to make of it.

At the time I was around 10 or 11 years old, during the summer in Texas. I had gone to a friend's house for the day. It was just me, her and her little sister. We started telling ghost stories to get a good scare and it worked. So I pretended to "see" something out the window (over their shoulder).

I did a good job because they were scared stiff. The strange thing is they had asked who I was "seeing". Then my head got fuzzy, more like my brain went numb. As if I could actually feel the spot where my brain was and that it had well, gone to sleep. Like your foot or hand when you have cut the blood flow off.

Then I started to see a woman (with my third eye). At the time I didn't know what I saw her with, I just had a mental picture of an elderly woman/ She had thin gray hair. Her frame was small and slightly slumped forward; she had peachy skin and some missing teeth. She had on a red dress and was looking at them. She was smiling and I could tell she loved them. You know that smile a mom gives to her child, like that look.

I said all of this and when my brain "woke up" I looked at my friend who was crying. I got scared and rushed to hug her, of course I asked what was wrong and she told me that I had seen her Grandmother who had died 2 years ago and was buried in a red dress. I'm still dumb-founded on this one. It passed out of my 11 year old mind as so many things did at that age. Anyone have any suggestions as what might have happened? Thank you and Blessed Be.

Other hauntings by Phoenix77

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Phoenix77, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Phoenix77 (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
From my years of meditation I have learned to open my third eye. It take a lot of work and energy, but I can (by choice) see ghosts when I try. Though my brain no longer goes numb, that was the part that always stumped me. Thank you for your ideas and thoughts. Blessed Be
soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
I think, as you were pretending to see a spirit you also were really trying to see a spirit. As a result, you really saw a spirit! I guess your special part of the brain woke up and the other parts went to sleep!Amazing!
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Phoenix77--Good for you for sparking the brain to reopen that little file in your mind. As 4d suggests, it could be mind-reading. The right-on detail was like a photo image transfer. If no certain label can be attached to the occurence, it shows us all how many grades and variations there are to consciousness, eh?
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Wow do you think a another part of your brain woke up and a another went to sleep?
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Phoenix77,
It's possible you got your friends so excited that they shared some info about themselves to you unwillingly. You might have actually read their minds - 😲 I don't know, maybe their grandmother was trying to protect them from their fears... I hope you can find a solution, Aloha - 4d 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: