You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost Who Wanted To Watch Tv

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Who Wanted To Watch Tv

 

It has been awhile since I've had any "experiences", until two days ago.

All four of my children were in school, my husband was sitting at the dining room table with his laptop, and I was in the living room on my desktop, when all of a sudden my son's TV. Switched on by itself. It startled me, so I got up from my chair, and slowly proceeded to his room, which is about two feet from my computer. I stopped at his doorway, peeked in to see if "anyone" was in there. I told my husband, that the TV. Switched on by itself, and he said maybe the timer was set. I didn't "see" anyone, so I went in, and used the remote to see if maybe the timer was on. Nope, the time wasn't even set, so I know the timer wasn't on. I bought the TV.

Three years ago at a pawnshop, so yes it's a tad used. Not sure how old it is, but it is the TV/VCR combo if this helps. It's running fine, has never switched on by itself.

I had a sense of a ghost on my front porch about four days ago, but that's another story, and don't think she turned the TV. On. But then again you never know...

Can anyone please give me any insight as to what it was that possibly turned the TV? On? It wasn't a figment of my imagination; my whole entire house was quiet when this happened. It wasn't the timer, what was it?

Other hauntings by snowflake

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, snowflake, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Naira (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
Hi Snowflake! I just sent you an email, you probably don't remember me, but we used to write to each other last year. PLZ, read my email!
Oh, BTW, this used to happen at my mom's house too. TV went sort of crazy, turning itself on and off, changing channels, volume up and down... Interesting. Hasn't happened in while, and I never really found out what it was. But well, as soon as I find you, I promise you will. ๐Ÿ˜Š
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-13)
Whitebuffalo, no problem! I know what a telly is,I've heard that word used on numerous occassions regarding the television. (people in England use that word) Anyways, no issues with the tv anymore, and I never unplugged it... The lady across the street has a garage, but no remote to open it... I don't know what it was, but it was wierd! (tv turning on by itself)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
You are right, reneespring, it IS a Native name, and so is my real last (the one that makes me use the word "blooming"). Natives are known to have come straight from the US, but truth is, we migrated too. Both names were a gift to me, and a gift I do not wish to dishonor, ๐Ÿ˜Š that is the main reason I "play" with the name.
Also, when I was in the military I did a bit of traveling. I have the tendency to pick up accents if I am in an area for a long enough time, and also the slang. Probably had a LOT to do with the fact that I spent more time with the locals than I did with "my own". The teens in my house kind of push that card as well, as they are teaching me MORE slang just by example.๐Ÿ˜‰
It does not hurt to ask a question that you do not have the answer for, in fact, it strengthens you. No shame in it at all.
Thank you.

Excuse me again, please snowflake. Just wanted to answer again. ๐Ÿ˜Š
gcecelie (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
Just unplug it. If it keeps happening after its unplug then you have a real problem. ๐Ÿ˜•
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
Thank you, White Buffallo & Jackaston. WB, I always thought of your name as sort of Native American, which is why the (UK) English slang confused me.
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
Whats the matter using words from other nations,this is the net,one world,one people.Telly is a common word used in the UK,so what's wrong with that.Havn,t you seen the telly tubbies lol regards Jack ๐Ÿ˜Š
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
Excuse the interruption to your page, snowflake, but reneespring asked me a question I need to answer.
I say "blooming" as it is a "take off" of my last name, also I try hard not to use strong words as it is not at all becoming. It is a play on words.
I use "telly" as that is what we call the television at home. I do not like abbreviations such as can't, don't and ain't. I lump TV in the same category. I have a six year old, and his words are abbreviated at times. Also a play on words.
I apologize if I feel at ease here and kick back a bit while making comments. I was told about a year ago that my comments were over too many posters heads, so therefore I toned it down.
Just a eye opener for anyone, just because you are IN a country does not mean you are FROM that country.
Thank you.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
Whitebuffalo, you say you are from the US, and yet you use words like "telly" and "blooming"...please help me understand why. Thank you.
Apocalypse (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-19)
Lol,like jackashton it happens to my tv it's old but I still like it. Even if it comes on randomly Theres a way to solve this you could just unplug the tv x3 then your kids won't have any more heart attacks.
spica (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-19)
I think a ghost wanted to watch Television all night long... Maybe it also comes from Electrical Devices that go CRAZY...

๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜Š

Spica Dantelton โค
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
In our old house, around five o'clock every evening for several weeks straight our telly would click itself on. To be utterly honest with you, I did not think much of it mostly as I have family members (and HAD) who love to watch TV. Used to drive me nuts (not much of a telly watcher myself).
Anyway, finally one night, about a week after it all started, the middle child came to me and asked me if I noticed this. I said something to the effect of "Well, sure I noticed it. The blooming thing goes on so loudly I would have to be dead not to hear it." I just assumed it was one of the kids, or my Father-in-Law.
What I did not know was that NONE of them were even near the telly, nor the remote.
So we started paying attention. It was everyday at 5:12 (save for the weekends) in the evening. Whatever we were doing at the time, we all stopped to stand in the living room and stare at the blackened face of the telly to see if it would happen that day. It never disappointed us.
For some reason, I lost interest in watching the flipping thing turn itself on and I gradually started just continuing whatever it was that I was doing. As I stood at the kitchen window one evening, looking out at the alley that my oldest son would be driving down to get to the garage, I looked out at the neighbors garage that faced our house.
Exactly at 5:12 the neighbors teen rolled into the alley and hit his remote for the garage.
Guess what?
The telly clicked on.
I sent one of the kids out to see if we could "check out" the remote.
The more we pushed it, the more we became convinced, one by one, THAT was our "ghost".
Please do no ask me how a garage door opener could turn on the set. I have no clue. I just know that it worked in our house (and our opener in a few houses that we decided to "play" with too).
Just a thought for you. Sorry, I had to explain it out or you probably would have just read the screen with a disbelieving glare as I would if some one just up and told me it was a garage opener as WE were going through this.
Thank you.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Snowflake--The TV could be malfunctioning or it could be a presage of things to come. "Get the picture" could be an alert.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
It is just the oldness of the TV that make turn on randomly. So it is not much to worry about,
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Oh dear how anoying someones using the same frequency a lot of the time eh lol maybe treat yourself to a new tv. Regards Jack ๐Ÿ˜Š
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Lol, thanks Jackashton. The tv turned on by itself about 3 more times 2 nights ago, and really freaked out my kids,lol... Thank you, and I'll tell my kids what you said the reason is.
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Oh this happens to me all the time and its not a ghost sadly. A signal from outside your house, not even another remote of the same make of tv. Has interfeared with yours. Electrical devises are stupid and if the frequency is the same it will think its you lol. Hope this helps ๐Ÿ˜Š Jack

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: