You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Great Grandma

Real Ghost Stories

Great Grandma

 

In 2006, when I was twelve, my mother, grandma, and I moved into my great grandmas house because she was in her last stage of Lung Cancer. One night my great grandma told my grandma, her daughter, that she had to go to the bathroom. Of course, my grandma took her. That was when my great grandma died. I witnessed it all: her death, her being put into the blue bag, and her being taken away.

About one or two weeks after she died, strange things started happening, especially in the bathroom she died in. The lights flickered often, her car (which my grandma used/use) stopped working, the garage wouldn't open, and the shower water turned on by itself.

One day my grandma was sitting in her room, (the bathroom my great grandma died in is in that room) and she got a sudden whiff of cigarette smoke. And a few days later the fire detector went off, it had fresh batteries in it already.

Sometimes when I'm taking a shower in that bathroom and I close my eyes I feel a presence in there with me. And other strange things still happen to this day.

We didn't have a very good relationship. Personally, I didn't like her very much. But my mother told me that my great grandma did in fact love me.

My mom and me believe my great grandma did/does all of this strange activity.

Now what I would like to know is, why?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ohyesazombie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
May I ask if these "occurences" are still taking place with the same intensity as that of the first time? Have you discussed them with the rest of the family or have they experienced things themselves? Is there a chance that your great grandmother is held back by some unfinished business and needs help to cross over?

Sometimes souls stay behind either because they cannot understand what has happened to them or because they are afraid to cross over. Sometimes they may have to do a few last things before they are ready to move on to the next stage.

Talk with your family and try to learn if your great grandmother had a wish to fulfill before her demise!
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
I don't know the details of why you didn't care for her or why maybe you two didn't get along (none of my business).

Seems to me maybe she is coming to you as a way of making "amends". As strange as that sounds it could be a possibility. Maybe its her strange way of showing love.

As long as you don't feel threatened or uncomfortable, I don't think its anything to worry about.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: