You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Moving Furniture And The Man In The Window

Real Ghost Stories

Moving Furniture And The Man In The Window

 

I have lived in my current home for just over a year and a half. The first year, I saw nothing. This was actually strange to me considering I have had paranormal experiences in three of the last four places I have lived. About three months ago a door knob turned on its own. I dismissed it as a figment of my imagination. The following night the stereo turned on full blast in the middle of the night. I dismissed that also as an electronic malfunction. That entire week was filled with nightmares and night terrors. My husband would frantically wake me, saying I was crying and panicking in my sleep. After that week nothing happened for about two months.

Every few months I will have a week or two where I think and have dreams about things before they happen. This has been one of those weeks. I know that sounds incredibly strange, but this has been happening to me for years. I am not claiming to have psychic abilities of any kind, but every so often I will go through a short period where I have incredibly accurate premonitions everyday for about a week. (If anyone can explain this to me please do!)

In addition, I have also had some strange experiences. A few days ago I saw a child in a red jacket in the corner of my yard. I did a double take and he was gone. This was in broad daylight at about noon. Then, last night I was doing dishes and saw the reflection of a man with dark hair wearing a blue shirt in my window. It wasn't as if the man was outside, but as if he were standing behind me. Once again, he was gone in the blink of an eye. Today, when I got home I found my plastic storage drawers in the laundry room moved about 2 feet from the wall. All the drawers were pulled open and everything that was sitting on them had fallen off.

As I mentioned before, this is not my first experience with these things but certainly the most dramatic. I just don't understand why they are suddenly happening after a year of peace...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mable1127, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Warrior_Troy (42 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
The spirit world around us that we can't see with the natural eye is very active and busy; the spirit world is more real than this physical earth realm that we live in. Usually when someone is able to see into the spirit realm it is because of some open door with the occult. If it's not your involvement directly, it could be from a relative that opened the door. The bible has a lot to say on this subject and is your best source to get the answers that you are looking for.

The bible refers to a certain class of demons as familiar spirits. These familiar spirits know who you are and they are familiar with your family lineage. The know what legal grounds they have in your life and will get to you from open doorways in your life. The only way to close these doorways is to repent to God for the your sins and the sins of your ancestors that opened the doorway.

Again, your best source to gain an understanding is the Holy Bible which is God's Word to us.
mable1127 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-22)
It's good to know that I'm not the only one who has these kinds of experiences.
soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-19)
I also dream about what will happen in future, but I forget them when I wake up!
But all those things come back to me a few seconds earlier the incident will happen! And I instantly know what will happen next.Weird,huh?
paranormalpest (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-19)
Mable.
Just this week I was working in a court, I am a bailiff. I noticed an older man sitting behind one of our interpreters, I have been sick the last 3 months and so I am allowed to sit instead of standing for hours. The courtroom was full of people waiting their turn and why I noticed this man, only God knows. As the room was begining to empty, control radios us and the other officer says we have 1 man left to see the judge. I rose from my chair, preparing to correct the officer, because just a second ago, the man was in his seat. I saw an older gentleman with a mustache and glasses then he was gone. The officer looked at me and asked me if I was O K. He didn't see anyone in that location, except for the interpreter.
I called it a day and went home, I found it funny.
So no, you are normal.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
As I take it, it is not the houses per ce that are necessarily haunted... What is the chance of living in a haunted house each and every time?!

I 'm more inclined to believe that these "manifestations" are taking place mainly because you attract them and you do that because you have the ability to sense them! Spirits need this interaction with our world-our sensing them makes them stronger sometimes, at other times they just need help or comfort or even help in understanding their "situation" and guidance to cross.

Sometimes people's ability to sense the unseen grows stronger by time while others lose it. Yours is still there and getting more and more powerful.

The question here is what you want from all this-how would such "gift" be received and welcome into your life... Do you wish to understand it more, to put it into practice or is it something that frightens you and you could do without?
theonlyone2knowwhatt (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
i also dream about what is happening the next day although it is only a picture or a 5 second 'video' that plays once and sometimes twice 😁
mable1127 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
The house I lived in previously had many spirits of animals. I would see their shadows scampering around constantly. Several times a day even. My cat absolutely loved that house. It's the only house I have any history on. My great aunt and uncle lived there for many years. The house was well over 100 years old. My great uncle was notorious for putting strict 9 in biscuits and poisoning all the neighbors pets who would wander into his yard. Also, a 14 year old girl died of pneumonia in the attic in the early 1900's and the frame of the bed she died in is still out in the shed behind the house to this day. The attic door was constantly opening. I even tried taping it shut and tying the doorknob to the banister but the door still opened, the cord untied and tape broken. My husband and I would be sitting in the living room and we would hear it opening. My cat spent 95% of his time sitting on the stairs watching that door.
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Sounds like your sensitive to these things, its not the first time youve picked up strange goings on in your many different homes. Look at it in a possitive way, Its a sort of gift, don't be too scared. If you know what it is you will feel more relaxed, and not get scared. If it is ghosts there just telling you, I am here. Regards Jack 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: