You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Sal

Real Ghost Stories

Sal

 

Ever since I moved into my house 10 years ago, I have been experiencing the paranormal here and there. I was unaware at first seeing my first encounter was when I was still in elementary school. Now, almost 18, I have researched and what not about the paranormal and who it could be in my house.

So, my first encounter was when I was around 9 years old. I was trying to sleep (it was around 3am) but I just couldn't. Suddenly, I heard this noise that cups make on my counter, and the water dispenser bubbling. However, since I was awake that whole night, I knew it couldn't have been my parents seeing they were right next door to me and I knew for a fact they did not wake up. I was also still an only child at the time. After that happened, I talked to my mom about it. She said that before we bought our house, the previous owner passed away on the porch while shoveling snow. I still believe he is in my house. After that first time with Sal and the water, I sometimes heard footsteps on my ceiling.

Now, Sal has been pretty dormant lately. However, just yesterday, things got weird. My two friends were with each other and my friend Emily was checking her e-mail on her phone. She looked, and there was an e-mail from 1969. No subject. No body. No sender. But the date was legitimately from 1969. So Jenn, my other friend, went to take a picture of it. As soon as she got the shot, the message disappeared. The next day (August 15th) in first hour, Emily and Jenn were going through magazines. It may have been fate or just utter coincidence (however you want to look at it) but the first magazines they looked at talked about events in 1969 and the covers even mentioned 1969. Now do you think it is a coincidence? I think not.

That same night, I was trying to go to bed at a decent hour. Just finishing up a show I recorded, I turned my TV off and went to go to bed. But, there was this really obnoxious clicking noise that I couldn't tell what it was, or where it came from. So I am peering in my room (though it was almost completely dark) when I saw this silhouette on the wall. Now, I was trying not to get freaked out because I didn't want to upset it so I just looked and tried to see if I could see where the "shadow" was coming from, but there was no light source to even cast a shadow. Somewhat nervous, I rolled over and tried to fall asleep.

This next part I am not sure if it correlates with this paranormal experience, but when I went to bed, I had a nightmare. I couldn't tell you the last time I had a nightmare. Or even a dream that I can recall. But, I can remember this nightmare so vividly it's unreal. I could almost feel in this nightmare. I felt my breathing shorten and my heart rate increase as I was sleeping. I awoke very shook up, so I tried calming down. Then I heard a ruckus and my little 5 year old brother couldn't sleep as well. This is strange seeing an atomic bomb could go off and he could sleep through it, yet coincidentally as all this stuff is going on, his sleeping patterns change as well?

I felt the need to finally share my story. I hope you all enjoy, and who knows? Maybe sal will come back soon.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, trademarkamanda, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
Judging by the information you have told us, this ghost wants you to know more about his past life. So I suggest getting things from 1969 and putting them in the places you see him.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-20)
Hey, THANKS Martin!
I for one, truly appreciate the input. Hmmm. I think I have to test a few more things other than just the date of the message, then.
ONE brick wall torn down.
Thank you!
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
15 years ago (2009-09-19)
The date of an email is dictated by the sender as far as I know and whatever server it's been used, which can be badly configured. Sometimes I get spam from the future! I think 1969 is the default year when the date is missing. I wouldn't interpret it as something that was really sent in 1969. Just a computer problem.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-19)
😆 You are welcome, Jackashton.
I only had to check that all out as I had the same question. Since e-mail was such a rarity in that year, AND e-mailing CELL PHONES was non-existent... Seriously, HOW could you e-mail something that did not even exist yet? At that time, all we had was walkie talkies (under a different name, mind you).
So MY question is, IF you can't teach old DOGS new tricks, can you teach an "old being" new electronic toys with just it's use?
Thank you.
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-19)
Thank you for your coments on the History of the email I feel so much better now, lol Although I'm still sceptical about the date 1969mmmmm. Thank you again whitebuffalo Regards Jack 😉
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
Email (also known as electronic mail) started its humble beginnings at ARPAnet way, way back in 1969. That time, two universities, the UCLA Stanford and the University of Utah, created a two-computer network. Through this network, the two schools started an experiment that ended to sharing of data. From this point, the Interface Message Processor (or IMP) was developed. This software evolved many times until it became user-friendly. Gradually, this new-born technology started to spread. After several years, 75 percent of the traffic through ARPAnet consisted of electronic mail or email. When the need and demand for a consumer-based electronic messaging system continued to increase at a fast pace, the traffic moved beyond ARPAnet to a larger traffic network called the Internet. (ARPAnet is the parent of the Internet. Set up by the US Department of Defense, it was the first major inter-site, interconnected, non-educational computer network.) Since then, email enhanced the efficiency of communication between users from around the world. However, the user's ability to connect to local providers or other computers was entirely tied to the carrier of telephone charges; i.e., long distance call and international call fees.
Http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Musa_Aykac

Personal computers were just coming around in the year 1969, But they were not classified as a computer, they were a calculator with a special chip in them. They were called the 4004. Feel free to look them up. It was not until 1977, however, that HOME COMPUTERS were entering the market.

Just thought I would share that before the whole 1969 e-mail thing got a mite out of hand. I am still stuck on this part of the story as I am trying to figure out the whole "e-mailing" the phone deal.
I think I will just hang out for a while.
Thank you.
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
An E-mail from 1969, the internet did not exist in 1969. How could that happen? It just could not be that date,? 🤔 Jack
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
That's pretty weird. Do you or your friend still have the picture? If you do, it might be a good idea to post it up here, in the photo section or attached to your story. I'd love to see it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: