You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Is It A Ghost Or A Doppelganger?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It A Ghost Or A Doppelganger?

 

This happened just recently and it involves me and my really good friend. His name is Dan. A little background on him, he is the friend that can see the ghosts that I mentioned in my previous story. He has had 3 death experiences and is on his 4th life (so-to-speak lol). So he can definitely see spirits. In fact, he can see them so well; he can't tell if they are human or a ghost. Creepy huh?! Yes. He tells me all the time of the ghosts that bother him while he's trying to sleep. Hands covering his mouth pinning him down, people poking him, playing tricks on him, the whole nine yards so, needless to say he gets really annoyed all the time.

On Thursday 7/16/09, Dan was over at my house and we were watching a movie and smoking hookah (flavored tobacco). I started to fall asleep and that was his sign it was time for him to go home. I fell asleep right after he left at around 12:45am. The next morning he gives me a call and starts to explain this really strange encounter he had, but it was way more unusual than the normal experiences he's had with ghosts (as if it's normal or something!). But like I said, he sees ghosts and weird things all the time so hearing this one was quite unusual and it really sparked my curiosity, so I asked him to tell me what happened.

He was at his friend's house sleeping in the living room. Imagine a big white couch up against a wall and across from the couch is the TV, and adjacent to the couch is another couch. Well, he was lying on his side with his back facing the T.V. When all of a sudden he feels a tap on his shoulder. He ignores it and tries to fall back asleep, but not 30 seconds later he feels another tap. This time whatever is tapping him is getting a little anxious and he hears a quick "Hey!" He looks at the clock and it says 3:53am. He grumbles to himself and tries to fall back asleep, ignoring what he had just heard. Then he feels this thing poke him so hard it hurt, saying "HEY! Wake up!"

He finally looked over his shoulder and to his amazement he sees something he couldn't believe he was seeing (and I mean literally!). The person, or "ghost", or whatever he saw was ME! Yep. That's right. Elina. Me. He knew it was me because honestly, there's no one I've ever seen that looks anything like me. I have a very distinctive smile and a look I give him whenever I'm really happy, like a little wrinkle in my nose with a great big smile. And I said to him, "Can you see me?" (with a great big exciting smile on my face) And he shakes his head in disbelief and says, "Uh-huh..." Then I said, "Cool!" (Still a great big smile!) And after that happened, instead of just disappearing like other ghosts do, he said I took off from the ground, almost like I was in flight, and disappeared into the wall. Like I was saying earlier, he can't tell if it is a ghost or not, but in this case, he said I was more transparent but still very visible.

Now, I don't remember my dreams that I had that night, and I know for a FACT I did not meditate to have an out of body experience, which I've only had one and it was a long time ago. I do not understand what happened, or why or how. But I am curious to find out if this "person" was actually me or if it was a ghost imitating me. I asked him to describe what I was wearing and he said I had on a bright pink sun dress that came down to right below my knees. The dress had orange and yellow flowers along the bottom trim. My hair was long and straight, about to the middle of my back or so (mind you, my hair is not that long, it's probably 3 inches past my shoulder, and I don't own a dress as he described). My hair used to be that long, but not anymore. I have no idea who this could have been, but I'd really like to know, can you astro-travel when you're sleeping or have an out of body experience and not even know it? I know Dan really likes me, do you think it could be just his imagination?

I'd really like some help if you could, this is scary to think I leave my body at night unoccupied!

Thanks for reading!

Elina <3

Other hauntings by ElinaIoneki822

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ElinaIoneki822, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ballerinagirl (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-28)
Hi jazzeyjay I was just reading your interesting comments about astral... I was wondering can you use astral travel to visit someone and give them a message-can the person see you? Thanku:)
ElinaIoneki822 (9 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-10)
Lou,

I met him about 3 years ago, but there was a long gap where we didn't speak to each other because we both moved and it was crazy. About 8 months ago is about when we started talking again. But he always said there was a strong connection between us... I don't talk to him anymore but thank you so much for the advice, it really put things into perspective for me 😁

Thank you all again!

God Bless,
Elina ❤
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
Elina,

When did you meet Dan? If he immediately approached you after first knowing you, and told you about these experiences and your role in them...he could have been drawn to you because of a past life connection. But if you had known him for some time before he began including you in his stories, it is likely that he is including you to imply some bond that he wishes for that is not really real; or his preoccupation with you has now superimposed you into this subconscious reality he experiences.
Just be careful, you seem more than smart enough to figure this out.

:) Lou
ElinaIoneki822 (9 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-22)
wow thank you all so much for the comments! Its greatly appreciated! I remember a long time ago I've done it a few times, but I remembered. It was the stragnest thing. But when he told he that it was unmistakably me, I was like uh... I don't know what to say! I'm waking you up 7 minutes before you gotta wake up just to annoy you lol! That's a possibility...
It's strange to think you can astro travel in your sleep... But then it does make sense...

LouSlips, I actually kind of agree with you on that one as well, I think I may had an OBE, but then again he does tell me he has past life dreams with me in it, but me as a different person and we were "in-Love" I sure as heck don't know if I can believe him for sure but... You never really know right?

Thank you so much everyone! I still feel kind of weird about it, leaving my physical at night... But hey, if we all do it then it's ok 😉

God Bless to all,
Elina ❤
Seer612 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-22)
Because of the Dress you don't own, and the difference of how long your hair was,well maybe it was an OBE from the Future rather than the present. Or Maybe it was YOU from another universe having an OBE into this Universe.Just thought I'd share those possibilities. With string theory its all possible. 😊
Phoenix77 (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
LouSlips has a point. If indeed you had an OBE or astral traveled no worries. The soul is connected to the body via a "thread". As long as nothing happens to the thread while your "gone" then it's easy peasy to get back. It takes some doing to inturupt the thread, so I won't worry to much.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
Elina,
Before I would worry about what Dan's account means, I would first analyze Dan's motivation. "Dan really likes me" sent up some red flags for me. I have no reason to discredit your friend if you feel he is trustworthy; but your inclusion in his story could be motivated by more than a coincidence. Seems to me that I've heard of men exaggerating or fabricating to get women closer to them...make sure he is genuine before you get too wrapped up in his proclamation of your abilities.

Cynically and/or apologetically,
Lou
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
You don't always know when you have an OBE unless that's what your trying to do. The soul leaves the body several times a week while we sleep. We may remember bits and pieces and assume them as dreams.
Michaelcount (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-20)
How do you have an out of body experiance? I want to try lol. I think it happens natrually. 😨
soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-20)
I don't think that you had an OBE. Because if you have an OBE then you would have known what you have done when you were out of your body.So,surely YOU DID NOT HAVE ANY OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE.
Chaos (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-20)
I agree astral travel is a likely thing. It apparently happens to me lots as I am known through out where I live though never meet any of the people that say they know me. I never remember it ether but often I am quoted as being in places I could not have been. Also people know it is me because I have a unique name and there is only one other person with that in the entire state.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
You can astrl travel and as a matter of fact the spirit does leave the body sometimes several times in a week. I have astral traveled and have met people who I have never seen a day in my life. I can remember astral traveling and I was literally in flight and looking down at the ground, houses, cars and people. I remember one night when my spirit did come back and placed it's right knee on the foot of my bed because at that time, I did not have a headboard or footboard at that time. My spirit climbed on up in to the bed with me and I was turned over on my left side sleeping and was very much aware of when it snuggled up very close to me and wrapped it's right arm around me in the exact position that I was sleeping in and entered my body. I then woke up. I have seen people when I astral travel that when I wake up I am like, Wow, I have never seen these people a day in my life, so why do I keep dreaming about people I've never met before?
So, yes, it sounds like you were astral traveling, but don't get me wrong, spirits can change their appearance and appear as whoever or whatever they want to. They can even change themselves into animals.
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
I agree with BriFischer05, it sounds like an out-of-body experience. I've noticed that if you try hard enough you can also meet people in dreams, sometimes whether or not it's pre-meditated.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
Awesome account! Certainly sounds like an OBE to me. You don't have to meditate for this to happen. It happens almost nightly when your body sleeps; the soul travels. When I was in the service - each night before going to bed, I would meditate / pray that my soul would visit my then girlfriend and eventual wife. There were def times when she would tell me of an overwhelming feeling of me / visits at night. On more than once, we were able to match the dates that I did this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: