You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Collection Of Events

Real Ghost Stories

Collection Of Events

 

Many of you probably know that I have had some pretty odd things happen to me. From Ouija boards gone wrong to being woken up at 3 am night every night I've had a lot of occurrences with the paranormal. Now I'm about to share some smaller experiences with you. I seem to attract various kinds of things and it seems I never experience the same thing twice. Everything listed it true and happened within the course of a year, here we go.

The Doors - Last summer I was constantly home alone while my sister was at day care and my other sister was at work, my parents of course were at work as well. I would be listening to my iPod on the couch (I enjoy music to the extent where I must listen to it each and every day) when over the music I could hear doors closing. I would take out an ear bud and sure enough I would hear a door slam. The upstairs hallway has specific pops it makes when you step on it, not even I have found a way to get around them whenever I go through the hall. After the door slammed I would hear a pop from the hallway or possibly a bang from inside one of the upstairs rooms. At the time it was just me, my parents, and my younger sister sleeping up there, my eldest sister slept downstairs. The part I want to really focus on is the fact that it was only the upstairs doors closing, my bedroom is upstairs. I couldn't pinpoint which doors were slamming shut, since all were closed when I got upstairs. I even checked the windows to make sure none were open.

The Light - Now this event has only happened once. While playing with my current dog I was throwing around one of her chew toys in the living room when my older sister got a hold of it. She threw it back to me as a sort of pickle-in-the-middle with the dog. While my attention was on the chew toy and catching it, the light flicked on in the living room. One switch was in clear view as I watched the chew toy; the other was to my left. I knew for a fact that no one had turned the lights on as my sister had her back turned the moment the lights went on. No one else was in the house at the time, and I even asked her if she turned them on. Of course her answer was no.

Different Dimensions? - I had a friend over for the night and while she was trying to sleep I was sneaking in some TV before midnight. I knew she wanted to get to sleep, and even though I was wide-awake I turned off the TV and snuggled down into bed. The clock on my bedside table clicked to 12:00 and I turned over to lie on my side. Before I closed my eyes I saw bright orange. It was like those shirts people wore sometimes, the ones made to look like claws or something else was coming out at you. The rips formed by the claws was exactly was I saw. It was as if someone had ripped through this dimension and I saw into the next. Though I'm still not sure on the dimensions part. All I'm sure of is the fact that I saw it--I was wide-awake and I don't hallucinate--and that whatever it was seemed to give off orange light. As soon as I closed my eyes I could see the image burned into my mind the light was so bright. My friend at the time was trying to get to sleep and admitted she hadn't seen a thing.

Your thoughts?

That's it for now, possibly more later, but I just need some opinions. I swear they're all true, and I just want to know what's going on. With the stories I've read on here, there hasn't really been anyone with the same experiences I've had. With the last story, I've never heard anything like it before, and repeat once again that I was fully-awake (it was during the summer, when school was out, and when I would stay up until 2 most nights). Please comment if you can.

Thanks

-Hope

Other hauntings by Hopeful23

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hopeful23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scared-all-my-life (13 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
hope, I couldn't help but read your comment on never to use ouija boards and well, you shouldnt have used it in the first place, they bring nothing but bad luck.

From scared 😊
TheRisingTide (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
I have an inkling as to what the light was, if you are interested to hear my theories let me know, I would be more than happy to offer any help I can 😁
WolfVoice258 (16 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-12-25)
Interesting. I myself have had no paranormal experiences, though practically everyone around me has had one. Wait, there was one unexplained light... But that's another story. I once knew someone who had the light experience.
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-09-20)
Mark-

My house was built by us and I'm am very sure that no one was murdered or killed on the land we built it on. I recently learned that back in the day farmers used it for well, farming. As for the gift of being psychic, the only person in my family that would be psychic would probably be me. I have a hunch that I am psychic, but I'll save that for this story's sequel. I know now never to use Ouija Boards again, and spread the word to my friends about how bad they are.

Preeti-

I will continue to try and meditate, try being the key word there. Got any tips for some easy meditation? I have a very tough time clearing my mind as something seems to happen to disrupt it. Take today as an example, I was trying to get back to bed after waking up on my own. Just as I was about to go to sleep the fire alarm went off notifying me that its batteries needed to be changed. This went on until I got up, growled and yelled "Okay I'm up!" Guess who never heard the fire alarm again? Something always seems to want to distract me from my main goal.
mark (8 stories) (23 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-09-20)
Hopeful,

What is the history of your house? Does anyone in your family notice something wierd going on? Does anyone in your family have a gift of being psychic.

The door slamming and the popping noise sound eerily like either a murder or suicide.

You have to start investigating the history of the house, collect data on what is going on. The usual, who, what, when where with added what is the weather like, who is with you etc. This won't get rid of what ever is haunting you or the house, but will give you a bit more understanding. I think the worst part of having a haunting like this is not knowing what is going on.

My other piece of advice is to get the house blessed also.

Lastly, but not least, stop with the quija boards. You may have opened up something that you didn't want to open.

Hopefully, everything will get better.
Preeti (100 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-09-20)
Hi friend I think its something to do with your old bruise... Try to meditate and never fear...

God bless you ❤
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Hopeful23,
I'm not sure if this has any relation, but your last story reminded me of something I saw one morning. I was doing morning business, you know the type, and I keep the bathroom door open all the time. While I'm reading a coupon book or something I see a movement from the side of my eye. I look up and immediately see a pink colored explosion. It looked like a firecracker popping, but with no sound, or it looked like a pink rose blooming in super speed! 😕 It was a very beautiful display of light, but it was extremely out of place. 😊 Any ways, thanks so much for sharing these experiences. I enjoyed reading them, Aloha - 4d ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: