You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Am I a Supernatural Magnet?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I a Supernatural Magnet?

 

I'm 17 years old now and I'm pretty much the only one in my family who believes in the supernatural. My parents and everyone else keeps telling me that it's just nonsense but I know that's not the truth. I have several experiences throughout my life and I thought I'd tell you about them.

I'm from Sweden and my dad grew up in a village up north. The summer house we have there is sort of on the country side and it was build somewhere between the 1920s and the 1930s. My grandparents raised my dad and his brothers there. My grandpa passed away before I was ever born so I don't remember him although I was very close to my grams, and apparently I was her favorite grandchild, probably because I'm the youngest cousin. She died in 1997 and I remember how upset I was about it but since I was young I got over it quite soon.

A couple of years later when I was around 10 or 11, during one easter holiday when my dad and I were having lunch, downstairs of the kitchen, something strange happened. I suddenly heard a person laughing and immediately looked at my dad since the two of us were the only ones in the house and asked "What's so funny?". My dad gave me a strange look and replied "I thought you were the one laughing." My dad's the type of person who always has a good joke in store but there was something about the look on his face that freaked me out, but we never heard the laugh again, although, when I think about it now afterwards, I think it was grams laughing at us.

The second experience in that house was one summer when I was around 13 or 14 years old. I was in the upstairs attic which was turned into a bedroom. I was sitting on the bed drawing. My dad and the others were outside working. I was lost in my thoughts, but snapped out of them when I heard our old coocoo clock making noises, and this is a clock that hasn't worked in decades. It went on for about a minute or two and then stopped. Feeling myself getting scared I ran outside as fast as I could.

Since then I've had a few other experiences every now and then such as the TV switching channels on its own. Rocking chairs rocking when empty and I've heard footsteps walking up and down and throughout the rooms when I've been alone. I know it either my grams or my grandpa and that makes me less scared, it's actually sort of comforting knowing that they're around, looking after us.

When I was 13 my dad and I moved to Africa, or more specifically Namibia, where we lived for two and half years because of his work. We lived in a large house, roughly around 300 meters square, if I'm not mistaken, and since I was home from school earlier than my dad was home from work, I was often alone between 3:30 and 5:00, since our maid left around 3:00. During one of these occasions, I was in the TV area zapping through the channels, and our dog Mickey was lying on the couch with me when he suddenly jumped off the couch and started barking aggressively at something in front of him, but there was nothing there. He then ran downstairs to the front door and started barking again, but then after a while, he walked back to me, but kept looking behind him as if something was there.

When I was 15 I moved back to Sweden, but I moved in with my eldest uncle and aunt in a town up north because my dad was still in Namibia, and I didn't want to live in Stockholm with my mom. The first couple of months I lived there went on as normal and I never heard or saw anything. But that was soon about to change. It started one night when my aunt and uncle were taking these french lessons and I was home alone for about two hours. I was in the living room on the phone with a friend when I heard footsteps walking upstairs, into the hallway, through the living room where I was sitting, in through the kitchen and then disappeared without a trace. Guess how high my pulse was running?

The other thing happened when my two friends (let's call them Sally and Hannah) were sleeping over. We were in the basement because the temperature there was a lot more comfortable than upstairs. Sally had fallen fast asleep, but Hannah and I were still talking. We had locked the door and all windows and made sure we were the only ones there, but apparently we had been wrong. Around 11 pm I heard someone running fast upstairs and next thing I knew the knives and forks in the kitchen drawers were scrambling loudly and both Hannah and I were scared out of our wits. During another time when Hannah was at my place we were sleeping upstairs in a room with the door closed, it must have been sometime early in the morning, around 4:00 or 5:00, and both of us heard a door loudly slamming shut, but just once.

Although all of these experience were frightening, there is one that tops them all. I've always had a slight fear of the dark and sleep with lights on. I sleep in a room upstairs and my aunt and uncle have their bedroom downstairs and they always sleep with the door closed. I remember it clearly because that night I had a bad stomach ache so I didn't sleep very well. I woke up around 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning and when I turned around, I saw a man by my bed. I was too shocked to be scared and thought I was dreaming but realized I was very much awake, and I remember the man asking me if I had a stomach ache. I replied that I did and he bent forward whispering something I couldn't hear and next thing I knew, he was gone. I've never seen him since then and I've never told my aunt and uncle about what I saw because they would say it was my imagination or I was dreaming, but I knew what I saw. I don't think he wanted to harm me, but I don't understand why my aunt and uncle haven't felt or sensed any of these haunting before. Am I supernatural magnet?

Thanks for taking the time to read these and if you have any questions or comments at all feel free to leave messages, to email me at: jasmine_isaksson [at] hotmail [dot] com, and if you have MSN, you're also welcome to add me.

Thanks again

Jasmine

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Brittni (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
The night that you had the stomach ache, after the man talked to you did you feel better? I had a similar experience when I was about fifteen where I was in bed with such a bad headache and stomach ache that I was in tears. I looked to the side of my bed and there was a young man standing there. I remember feeling curious about why this man was there, but I wasn't scared at all. He put his hand on my arm and told me to go to sleep and I'd feel better when I woke up. As soon as he took his hand away I fell into a deep sleep and woke up a few hours later feeling great.
prateek-soni (12 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-31)
just don't worry about it friend some things wearing white cloaks also follow me anywhere I go but they never hurts me and sometimes they help me also I'm now 14 and it started 5years ago don't be affraid just accept it as the blessing of your grandparents and thank them whenever a good thing happen to you
:)
WendyHayes (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
I have had heavy breathing beside me in bed at first I hid under my covers and I thought I was going crazy but my husband said he heard it too it scared the sh--t out of me cause my daughters moved out because of the weird noises that happened and their boyfriends saw a big scary shadow standing over the bed (prob their pa) but enough to make me look closely at what really was going on in my life! I thought wholely crap what is going on? Foot steps comeing to my room when knowone is home but me (ssscared) and I feeel alone exept when my husband hears something! 😨
Ace45 (17 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-08)
I don't think the man was bad. I think he asked cause he was concerned maybe he said something like. I hope you feel better or you'll be okay. Maybe he was an old family member who passed that was just looking out for you maybe your Grandpa?
Atemu (4 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
I believe you %100, I believe I may be a magnet also, Of course when I was around 15 it was all a lot stronger, and again, I am the only one in my family who believes in this stuff (but belief comes from experience with me lol)
LordOfDarkeningShadows (4 stories) (7 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
from reading your story I think it's more than likely you are a supernatural magnet. I, like you, am 17 and come from a family of mostly people who don't believe in the paranormal, I also find that spiritual activity is attracted to me somehow
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
Ciel--I would say you're a supernatural magnet, yes. Some people are more that way than others it appears.
Fortunately for you, seems most all your contact has been basically harmless.
chelleck (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-12)
I may be another magnet (if there is such a thing). It's as if the same spirits do not follow me from place to place, but if there are spirits somewhere that I happen to be, they have a way of letting me know they are there. Most of the times I have encountered strangeness is when I am alone.
EricaAshley (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
It means that you are more in touch with your sixth sense, and you are picking up on either trapped spirits that are wandering in another realm until the end of days when they are released, or you are picking up on energy of the past. Sometimes people can pick up on energy and see people from the past, it's like everything from the past keeps playing over and over until the end of time, so you are picking up on old energy maybe. Maybe that ghost asking if you had a stomache ache was a coincedence of another time where he was alive and asking his daughter or some one, the reason being that you would pick up on those words in particular and maybe not something more out of the blue is those might have been words spoken on a particularly energetic night (maybe some one died later, the girl with the stomache ache got increasingly sick, a fight happened etc), but I have a lot of similar situations. If you would like to email me, you can. Good luck. And my advice if you don't like spirits or energy around you, my advice is to not think about it, and tell yourself it's not real, don't try to get in touch with your sixth sense, and the more you think about ghosts, etc. The more they can sense you and are drawn to you. Also negative ghosts thrive on negative people, so you will have more negative stuff happening if you become depressed or negative.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
The younger you are, the easier it is for you to see things. Once we get older we begin to listen when other people tell us that there are no such things as ghosts, that mythology is just a bunch of made up stories to describe how the world was formed, if it can not be seen it does not exist, if it is unpasteurized it is bad for you, that sort of thing.
I believe that once a ghost or spirit finds someone that can see or hear them, they visit often. I'm not sure how things work in the unseen realm, but if it is at all like what we see and feel there are a few ghosts sitting in the local diner saying "Look over there, see the girl in the pink sweater looking at us? She can see us, let's go talk..." Then after they see that they can communicate with you, maybe they tell others too and they begin to come around to visit. There are so few TRUE seers in the world, that I can only imagine how bombarded with these entities that they can become.
I know, that description sounds a little far fetched, at least that is what my daughter said as I tried to explain it to her like that, but my imagination is only so good, and I would like to think that they are seeking you out for advice, or even just validity. Maybe they can not figure out why no one talks to them anymore as they do not yet know they have died.
These are just the thoughts of someone who is going through this with her daughter. I do not have all the answers (probably not even close to a quarter of them) and I know it is trying, but hang in there. Before too long, hopefully you can learn to "weed out" the ones that can cause you to be scared.
Thank you for sharing this story with us.
Forgotten_angel (2 stories) (33 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-03)
The spirit is probaly a guide or wants to contact you...He/she has to tell you something.
Forgotten_angel (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-03)
Allen, It was not death. It was Comraz, Tochen, or Blue Face. These people are wandering spirits.
Even if it was death you'd be dead by now, or soon. I know your experience(s) are creepy but next time you see the spirit... Say "In the name of the Lord, what do you want?!"
Take my advise- don't panick, most spirits like that.
Forgotten_angel (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-03)
I could say I have the same problem with people not believing me at my house. I'm a pysic person or a meadian.
Contact me at:
Forgotten_Angel [at] kidsmail.zzn.com
or at my story: Whispering Blue Face.
allan ingram (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-13)
im 17 and have had many paranormal sightings. I have a strong phsycic talent in precognition. When I was about 5. I couldn't sleep. Staring at the bottom of my bed I noticed a strange dark figure wonder into my bedroom through my wall. Staring straight at me it disappeared into my next door neibours wall. It wasn't until I got older I realized it was death. I don't no yet why it was there and why it looked at me so unpleasentley but wot I do no is I don't want to meet it again. I have more stories but no time so you'll have to wait.
Ami (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2006-12-12)
I understand what you mean. I often got this sensation of being a "supernatural magnet". I've seen so much stuff through the years, and it seems to follow me wherever I go. I live on the other side of the world now and although I don't have the same spirits here as I had in my home country, I still see many of them. I'd like to say you get used to it after a while, but... it's still creepy to me.
ratterrier68 (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2006-11-03)
thats awesome i beleive in everything you said.....i would be veary scared too..and that man that bent down to whisper something in your ear ...well, after that did he cure your stomache ach?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: