You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Shadow At Grandma's

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow At Grandma's

 

When I was younger and living in Philly, I had many experiences that shook me. These days I still think about them and am not scared anymore but curious. I'm 25 and different things continue to happen now but all this started to happen when I was about eight or nine.

My grandmother had moved away and left the house to my dad. The way our house was set up, the stairs were opposite to where I would sit in the living room. The upstairs bathroom light would shine against the wall where the steps led so you can always see when someone is upstairs cause you can see there shadow walk by the bathroom. Hopefully you can picture that. Now we would all be downstairs and for some reason I would get an urge to look upstairs.

I would see the shadow of something walk by the bathroom from my room into my dad's room. It always used to scare me. This happened on countless occasions and no one was upstairs. I also used to have dreams about this thing too. I would be downstairs alone in the living room. In the dining room there would be a shadow figure sitting at the table. It would turn slowly to me and the eyes were red. I would yell for my dad but nothing would come out and I would be moving very slow trying to get up and run.

The shadow would get up and run really fast towards me. I can't remember if I woke up just before it touched me or it touched me and then I woke up. Either way I was glad to wake up and of course my heart would be pounding. This happened on different occasions.

I can only remember being able to get away one time and run upstairs to my dad before I had waken up. I had never seen this thing face to face except in my dream. Other than seeing it walk by the bathroom upstairs and just seeing its shadow, I wouldn't see it. Some times I would and still do today see a flash of light in my peripheral vision but that is it.

When we moved out the house I had never had another dream or seen the shadow again. A couple of years ago, I asked my grandmother about it for the first time. I told her that I thought she moved out because she thought the place was haunted. She said she had never seen anything but if she did she would not have let us stay there.

I would like to hear what you guys think of this. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by StMikal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, StMikal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kazaka (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-01)
[at] Mike
Look it up if you hav an active third eye. I do know that I hav an active one but I am advanced in meditation, I can allow ghosts and astral entities plus aliens, but I don't like the aliens, to telepathically communicate with me.
Also I can Astral Project... And many other things.

I do not believe you can do these things. But I do not doubt that you hav a third eye active, just look it up and see if you hav the signs of having a third eye active.

It may not be that you hav an active third eye and moreso that the shade is old and powerful. Thus, it has chosen you to communicate/interact with, or a better term is torment.
Kazaka (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-01)
Shadow people are 1 of 2 things.
1: We can't see them as they know both we don't want to and they don't know how to show themselves to us so what we see, instead of their colors, is a shadow person.😢

2: The shadow people are shades. But this is very rare and less common.
Shades are a collective of none or 1-3 ghosts with the memories of the location as well as the energies from this location in order to portray a negative entity which guards the location, mostly against everyone.
Shades are S-t-S, or service to self, entities that care not of anything but themselves. It is possible for them to become a "person," in the sense of becoming a living soul, and thus reincarnate, instead of an imprint but this is very rare.

Yes, what you hav is a shade.
Purify your house then get someone to get rid of the shade.
I know how to but I'm very far away from your location. 😢
Rosie93 (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
I agree that you are probably more sensitive to the paranormal, which is why you saw that shadow in your grandmother's house. But I think that the dreams may have only been a manifestation of your fears. Maybe you should contact the current owner of the house and see it they've seen anything strange, as well.

Best wishes 😊
StMikal (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
the red eyed phantom...lol...i like that. I think that the house was haunted as well. Some times I wonder if the people living there now have had any experiences. I do think that I have an active third eye even now. Thanks jack and soul for your comments 😊
soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
I think your third eye is more active than others.And for that reason you saw that shadow which no one else did.And I also think that the house was haunted.

LOVE TO YOU. ❤ ❤ ❤
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
I think your dreams ie the red eyed phantom trying to get you,was just your fears of what was going on in the house playing on your mind.It certainly sounds like you were seeing something though,it happened to many times to be dismissed as your Imagination. Regards Jack 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: