You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Old Hag Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Old Hag Experience

 

This happened to me when I lived in Los Angeles a couple of years ago.

I worked at a club, so I usually got home at around 2:30 in the morning. I was dead to the world until ten or eleven am. I woke up suddenly, not from a dream or anything in particular, to find a haggard old woman floating about three feet above me. She looked angry, and she was entirely white, although possibly a little transparent, it's difficult to remember. I started screaming, and my boyfriend at the time, Andrej, put his arm around me and told me it wasn't real. He tried to comfort me, half asleep, into going back to bed. When I looked at the clock on our dresser, it was around 6:00 am.

Thoroughly freaked out, I eventually curled up next to him and went back to sleep.

In general, I am a very logical person. I always try to find a scientific reason for odd occurrences, and ninety-nine percent of the time, I do. However, I can't find any 'logical' reason for this occurrence. I wasn't trying to wake up from a nightmare, the room wasn't hot (I always wake up when I'm too warm, as I'm sure most people do). There were no loud noises to startle me out of my sleep, nor did I need to get up to use the restroom. I should add that I have no history of sleep paralysis.

I've read about old hag phenomena before, and this, to me, sounds like a textbook example. As long as I lived in that apartment though, I never had any other odd happenings occur to me while living there.

Other hauntings by miso_curious

 

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, miso_curious, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-22)
That's really creepy, especially the anger. It always freaks me out more reading about angry looking spirits. I can only guess that maybe she was a spirit passing by (if your home or land has no history), but I can't imagine why she was mad at you. Perhaps just a bitter old spirit that's mad at everyone? Either way, very frightening.
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-22)
miso_curious,
That reminds me of my fathers tenant. He was hanging out in his room when he was held down and an old creepy woman appeared to him. I remember seeing an old creepy woman when I was a child so I shared what I saw a while back and he agreed that it was the same woman. I think you felt the spirit and that's why you woke up. This was a great story by the way, thanks for sharing, Aloha - 4d
miso_curious (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-22)
thanks for the input Sergeant! I hope that you're right, I hate to think the people that moved in after me might have to to with whatever that was... 😕
Sergeant (3 stories) (98 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-22)
Wow that sound very scary and a shock to say the least!

I've just read your profile and it seems you've experienced this (or similar) before.

You haven't mentioned any other paranormal things happening that might be associated with this and because it happens just as you awake, I strongly suspect it is indeed OHS.

I don't mean to take away any of the realness or its frightening effect. It sounds terrifying.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: