You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hauntings In A Small Texas Town 2

Real Ghost Stories

Hauntings In A Small Texas Town 2

 

I want to begin with some updates. I was talking to my mother on Sunday, 9/13 and we started talking about our family home and the fact that she needs to sell it and I just came out and asked her about the lady that used to live there with my stepfather. I asked her if they were married to one another and she said no, he didn't marry this woman because the woman was already married to a man that was a porter on a train. She and her husband had several children also. The man would be gone several weeks at a time and when he would leave my stepfather would move into the house with this woman and when it was time for the husband to come back home, my stepfather would move out and stay some where else. That was pretty low down and dirty if you ask me. Mother said this was years before he came into her life.

Our house used to be an apartment and if you were standing facing it, this woman stayed on the left side of it and another family lived on the right side of it. This woman's bedroom was the bedroom near our bathroom and the room that we would always see the black figure walking out of and entering the bathroom and disappearing. It would always, always cast a shadow on the floor and you could watch this shadow as it walked on in to the bathroom and disappear as though it walked on through our bathtub and out the window that was over the bathtub. Mother also said that someone did pass away in the house. It was a member of the family that lived on the other side. The father worked on the railroad and Mother can't remember if it was him or if it was a child that passed away in there, but she did say, someone indeed did pass away in that house.

Now, when my mother and my stepfather got together and we moved into this house, the house was boarded up and had all kinds of shrubs trees and weeds grown up around it. It also had a roach problem. Mother said she was the one who knocked down the wall dividing one side of the house from the other because she did not want her children separated. She wanted us all in the same house. I can remember in the bedroom that we would later call the front bedroom which was the one facing the living room and the front door to our house, there being a kitchen with a sink, cabinets and a door, which was later removed and a window was put where the door used to be. The sink was removed and covered and we used the counter top to put stuff on and the cabinets and space underneath where the sink was, we used to store our toys and hung some curtains up to it to so the toys wouldn't show.

It was a very tight fit up in that small room and that's why Mother bought the bunk beds. The room that had the blanket hung up to it, that we used to store things, like blankets and clothes and stuff, used to be a bathroom and the toilet was removed and the hole in the floor covered. Our floors were wood, not the pretty hard wood that you see today, but wood boards and when walking barefoot, we would get splinters in our feet. You could look between the boards and see the ground underneath the house. The house was very cold in the winter and the wind would come up through the floor boards. The kitchen we used had one sink and we would have to put hot water in a huge pot to rinse our dishes in after we washed them in the big sink. The kitchen was a very frightening place to be and was very close to that back bedroom that the black shadow would walk out of and enter the bathroom area. We could always feel someone watching us as we cleaned up the dishes and we would work as fast as we could and get out of there. I always felt safe as long as I was with the rest of my family, but as soon as I would have to go to the bathroom or kitchen for something, it was total fear!

One winter day, my step father had picked us up from school and brought us home. Mother was at work. I believe I was in the 5th or 6th grade at that time. It was very cold and there was snow on the ground. Our electricity was off and in my home town, it seemed like the wind just blew in the wrong direction, the electricity in that town would be knocked out. My two older sisters were supposed to be getting dinner cooked and ready. My oldest siblings the three girls were out of the house by this time. Two were married and one was away at college. My oldest brother was still at home, but he was with some of his friends. Anyway, we were using a kerosene lamp. My stepfather lit this lamp and the wick caught and lit. We couldn't believe what was happening right in front of our very eyes, this fire lifted up off of the wick and floated all the way up past the cover of the lantern and danced around and floated back down again. We were shocked, my stepfather thought it was funny, but we were frightened out of our minds and of course I started crying for my mother. He tried to tell us that that was normal for the fire to do that on one of those lanterns but we knew better. The light is not going to lift up by itself and float all the way past the top of the lantern and then dance around and go back down to the wick again. We couldn't wait until our mother got home to tell her about it. She tried to console us and tell us that he may have had the fire turned up too high in the lantern. She didn't want us to be frightened and we were just too poor to have moved to another house that was just financially impossible. This house was paid for, so it was not an option. We were just going to have to find a way to deal with the haunting's and goings on in this house and it was hard and getting harder everyday.

I would have terrible nightmares about three bald headed blue men that would be following me around in our house. I would try to hide from them but couldn't, they would chase me through the house. Years later after becoming an adult, I saw a commercial on TV with blue men that looked just like the men that used to chase me and frighten me in my dreams. They were the exact same blue color. I can't explain that. I remember when I had to sleep in that back bedroom in the bed with one of my sisters, her at one end of the bed and I sleeping at the other end of the bed. That night I had such a bad dream, I sat up in the bed and reached down at the other end of the bed and slapped my sister in the face. She woke up dazed and wanting to know why I slapped her and I couldn't explain it. I had a really bad dream.

When it warmed up, I rode my bike to and from school. I was in the 6th grade when this occurred. I rode my bike home and being the first one home, I would do the same thing everyday, which was sit on the front porch and wait until my sisters got home or if one of my friends were home, I would go over there.

This particular day, my friends weren't home and I sat on the front porch waiting for my sisters. I could here walking going on in this house, talking; the door knob the front door would jiggle to let me know that someone was at the door. Our front door had three square windows on it covered by a curtain and the curtain would move like someone was peaking out. The curtains in the living room would pull back like someone was peeking out. This day was a day I will never forget. It is etched into my memory as if someone took a branding iron and branded it in my brain.

I had to go to the bathroom so bad and there was nowhere outside to go without someone seeing me and I not only needed to do #1, but the #2. I couldn't hold it any longer; I had to go in that house. I used my key and went in the back door which is next to the bathroom and also that back bedroom where the shadow would always come out. I went into the bathroom and the bathroom door had two holes in I that had a belt from a house coat or robe tied on it which we would use as a handle to close the door and wrap the belt around a nail in the bathroom to keep the door from opening. I could hear something moving around outside the door and it looked and felt like something was peeking through the holes in that door. I finished doing my business, washed my hands and went into the kitchen to get a drink of water. I turned the glass of water up to my mouth and started drinking when I heard someone walk up behind me and turn our gas oven on and the pilot lit with a loud wush, it frightened me so bad, I dropped the water and hid between the stove and the kitchen cabinets. I was shaking and I thought I was going to die that day. The oven was on and it started heating up and I was right on the side of it and could feel it getting hotter and hotter as I coward and cried. I knew I was not imagining this was happening and this spirit was standing there watching me, I could feel it and in my mind's eye, I could see it laughing at me.

I stayed there knuckled down until I heard a car going by and it stopped at the corner and I just started screaming at the top of my lungs, here I come, don't leave, I'm in here, I'm coming out and I just got up, turned the oven off and bolted out of that house. I don't even remember locking the door and didn't care if I did or not at that point. I hopped on my bike and rode off down the street to this park that was on the next block and that's where I stayed, shaking, frightened, confused, angry, and filled with so much hatred of that house. I could see our house from the park, so when my sisters came home, I went home, not wanting anything to do with that house. I told my sisters what happened to me and I told them when I did finally leave that house, I wasn't going to ever come back. I didn't feel safe in that house at all.

Thank you for reading. I am working on some other stories too. Will be

Other hauntings by jazzeyjay

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jazzeyjay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hazeleyes (1 stories) (34 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-07-22)
jazzeyjay, the reason your story is so long is because you add a lot of information that's not necessary. For example people don't need to know a picture of what your house looks like, or that when you need to go to the bathroom you had to do #1 and #2. You make yourself sound like a child when you use those terms. And another thing is that when the stove turned on you could of turned it off first before you went to hide. Your house could of burnt down by you leaving the stove on and it's just a common sense thing to do, even when you're scared. 😕
poetic5551 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
Girl, I believe you are a girl, don't know I love your stories, they have given me the weegees! I believe you are a soul sister too. I'm so sorry for what you went through some people would be in the insane aslyum! How terrifying! Especially for a child.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
JamesRobiscoe: Thank you again for you comment. I agree with you 100% on everything. I am so grateful for this site. I never received counseling after these ordeals, so this site is such a cleansing for me. It's like you're having the opportunity to vent and air your dirty laundry too.

God bless you!

KoltenAspen: Yes,it was very scary. I literally wanted to run away, but didn't know where I would run to and surely didn't want to be away from my family, so I stayed and suffered through it. Thank you for your comment.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
JazzeyJay--As a Christian, too, I've no doubt divine intervention prompts our quick action when we're in dire straits. (We ask ourselves later: What the heck made me do or say that? But we know, and are grateful.)
It might be that the ground footprint of your former house needs to be sown with salt to banish the phantoms. You could leave a box of it with an unsigned note by the front door of the place to warn any unsuspecting visitor to the place.
Being sensitive to the otherworldly, you are also sensitive in that other field of the invisible--minds and hearts. Congratulations to the man who wants to have you as his partner. If your fiancé watches Ghost Hunters and Paranormal State, he may pooh-pooh the recorded evidence, but his mind is still open. I look at the faces of the haunted and the hunters, and can see the truth of their experiences written there. We seldom know in advance what will convince us of anything.
No, it isn't easy being sensitive to what is beyond sight, but it has its compensations. Being sensitive is not to be weak or a shrinking violet but a person with special strengths, for joys and pleasures as well as responsibilities. There may be times it can get us down, so long as it doesn't keep us down!
Go with God.
~ James
KoltenAspen (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
OMG that's so scary I can't believe the ghost was laughing at you I'm so scared of ghosts I just ughhhhhhh 😨
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
JamesRobiscoe:Thank you for the lovely compliment. I knew that story was going to be long, but I just had to tell it the way it happened and also wanted to provide updates from my first story.

I am so very thankful that we moved our mother away from that house too. We would still have to go there for holidays and family get together's and you would just be on pins and needles all while you were there.

The thing with the car just seemed like the Lord coming to my rescue at the right time. My heart was pounding so hard and that oven was going to surely burn me had I stayed there any longer.

Yes, I am still sensitive. I still dream about that house as it was when we first moved in. I never dream about it as it looks now after it was remodeled. The house now is in a very bad condition and needs to be torn down.

As an adult, I still have to have my covers tucked in when in bed. I can't have my feet out and some nights I still get frightened and pull the covers over my head and have just a little peep hole to get some air. I still sometimes sense a presence around me and I do see things every once in a while.
I will tell anyone that these things do exist.

I am getting married in April,2010 and my fiance is a skeptic. He watches Ghost Hunters and Paranormal State with me, but he poo poo's it. He just doesn't understand how someone that has passed away could ever come back. Well one day maybe he will see for himself. It's not a good feeling at all. It does something to you.

I will be posting another story soon.

God bless you.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
jazzeyjay--Some people don't like to read stories with as much flavor as yours, but I must say, you have a style that makes your story come alive in ways that some do not have. I was afraid along with you hunkered down by the stove, and I thought it was a brilliant manoeuvre to pretend the car was for you.
A relief to know none of your family lives there now (no one counted as alive by City Hall, anyway), and especially your mother who must have some blessed relief now, wherever you guys provided for her.
Are you still sensitive?
Peace. ~ James
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
Ozzy: I know it was a long story, but it was a story that I just had to tell. Even as I was typing this story, I was crying my eyes out because of the feelings it brought back. You have no idea what we experienced in that house! My other stories will get a little more frightening. They won't be long as this one.

Darkness: No, that house is our family home and it is unoccupied. We moved our mother out of that house a few years ago. This house is in horrible condition now and needs to be torn down. The hauntings hadn't ended before we moved her out and I don't know if they will ever end.

Thank you
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
That was a great and terrifying experience I must admit, wonder if the house is still there and if the current occupiers are having any experiences? Did any of your other family members have anything happen to them?

Thanks for sharing
ozzy (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
holy crap that was long but that is a weird story bye try to keep it short but don't keep to short

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: