You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Lamp Returns

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Lamp Returns

 

I wanted to have some help with this haunting. I am not sure what to do. It is not a scary haunting, but it is very curious.

As I said before in my other story, Ghost Lamp, Kitten, And Demon In Graveyard, the ghost lamp is only heat sensitive and will only turn on if your skin or a cat paw touches it (we have cats). The lamp turns on and off usually only when me or my boyfriend are in the room or both of us, but since Thursday it has turned on and off when my boyfriend's little sister is in the room and right in front of her too.

Ghost lamp has returned now since the day before my birthday, September 18th. Since September 17th, the lamp has turned on and off for hours randomly.

On Thursday I was home alone and the lamp turned on right after I got up and walked to the bathroom and came back. From about twelve in the afternoon to about six the light went on and off. When my boyfriend came back at around 2 or 3 pm he saw the lamp turn on and off, then moved everything away from the lamp and it turned on a minute later and turned off again. We just laughed.

I do not try to unplug it and see if it turns on because I enjoy the lamp, weirdly enough.

Usually the ghost lamp does not come turn off and on until a week or two, instead it just stays on or off if we touch it. But it came back on my birthday which as September 18th. It was kind of nice having the ghost lamp back again, yet it was unusual. The next day it came back as well. Three days in a row was weird, really weird for it to come back.

On the fourth day it came back, my boyfriend's little sister about to turn 8, was sitting next to me and the lamp turned on and off. And every time she came in she saw it turn on and off she would touch it to turn it off and it would respond then turn off and come back on or not respond for a minute turn off and turn on again.

Although the strangest of all was when it came back for a fifth day in a row. It has been coming back a lot lately and I wonder why. It does not always do this. We have had weeks where it stays on or off, and then it does this. It can't be a malfunction because this isn't normal for a malfunction of this type as it has been going on for almost a year and happens only when we are in the room as far as I know...

No matter what I do other than try to unplug it which I will not do for I do not want to mess with the lamp, the lamp randomly will turn on and off on certain days, but for some reason it is coming back more days in a row now.

The history of the apartment building we live in is not clear. I want to know how I can find more history about this place. It was built in 1932 so it is quite old. Can you please help me?

Thanks for your help.

Other hauntings by Spazztasticgirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Spazztasticgirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

gcecelie (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
Uhm. Its busted. Buy a new lamp. If you really are curious, unplug it. The ghost can turn it on without electricity.
Spazztasticgirl (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
But it turns on when nothing is on and no vibrations... When I'm alone sitting on the bed... It happens...:S

It isn't just when it's noisy... >.<
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
I agree with LouSlips, it sounds like a wiring problem, those lamps are quite tricky.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
Spazz,
Unplug the lamp. You are not going to offend any spirits that are controlling it by doing so. If it is indeed a supernatural force that is causing this, it will be able to turn the light on and off without its connection to an outlet. If you need a light, plug in another one next to it, or only plug the touch lamp in when you want to use it. If the light only does this when it is plugged in, it is likely a wiring issue which can very inconsistently be activated by vibration, due to noise or someone walking through the room, temperature change, etc.

Lou
youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-22)
well you can go to the local library or the city hall most of that info is public domain I know most Local library's in Michigan have the copy's of the local building's prints and of course news papers always help. Hope these ideas help
Spazztasticgirl (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-22)
I want to add that after I submitted this I found out that the room we are in with the lamp was my boyfriend's great-grandma's room. She did not die here but lived here for years.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: