You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Do You Think I Have The Ability To Contact Ghosts?

Real Ghost Stories

Do You Think I Have The Ability To Contact Ghosts?

 

I am 17 and have always been interested in the paranormal. I may sound crazy when I say this, but I think I may have always been able to contact the other side. I remember when I was really little, right after my grandfather died, we were all at the zoo and I was holding my dads hand and I looked over at an area where they have a train that little kids ride, and I saw my grandfather when he was alive, he used to let me ride that train. He was watching me, not in a creepy way, and no one else seemed to notice him standing there. I yanked on my dads arm and said "there's grandpa! There's grandpa!" and I told my grandmother that too. When everybody looked at where I said he was, he was gone.

After that, I had multiple dreams about him. Then, years later after my aunt died, I went to sleep and had a dream that my whole family was in my house and our phone rang and went to voicemail. My aunt Peggy said hello and she just wanted to tell everybody that there is an afterlife and that there is good and bad just like in life, but she was being treated well. She said she loved everybody but she especially loved my grandmother (they were really close).

When I woke up, I told my grandmother about that dream, and she said that was weird because that same night, at around 12 a.m., her cell phone rang and she answered, but no one said anything. She said she could hear things moving in the background, but nobody ever spoke and eventually, the phone hung up.

I know this story sounds really crazy, but please tell me if you think people from the other side can contact me or am I just crazy? What do you think?

Other hauntings by kmarie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kmarie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hayley (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-05)
hey! Your like me too! I am a teenager and have dreams every now and then about spirits. But I sont know who they are. Haha its frustrating. I joined this site to try and get what is going on with me. Because I am the only one who sees and has these dreams in my family. They all think I am crazy. Haha! 😁
kmarie (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
midnight_still, thank you so much for your comment!:) how do I contact my spirit guides?
Midnight_Still (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
Hey another one like me!
Alot of people can or have seen dearly departed loved ones, I believe that this in itself is a gift but, having read your replies about your dreams well that can be another thing entirely! I do believe you have a gift, and if you do try contacting your spirit guide (s) they can help you with further understanding, keep posting!
kmarie (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
dragog999, thank you for your comment. Not only am I able to have contact with the dead, I also often dream about the future. Mostly about missing people, but sometimes I have dreamt of a plane crashing and once, I dreamt of a celebrity's death before they died. But those dreams are another story lol
dragog999 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
i think that there is a force that is the things that are supernatural and paranormal and we all uderstand different parts of it in different ways. You have a part of it that sees the past and variations of the present. There are things that trigger when you have these expiriences and you should try to figure out what they are. I see exaggerated versions of the future in my dreams, but I have yet to discover what triggers my dreams. I also see forces that repeat the actions of living things. Once everyone completely understands what they were meant to understand of the force than we can all understand everything that seems supernatural and paranormal and we can explain the unexplainable.
gcecelie (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
I suppose that if you see him somewhere that you have no past memory of him being with you then that would confirm it. Yes, they can turn lights off and on. Use phones and tvs.

Good Luck:)
kmarie (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
mrsmla4ever, thank you so much for that comment! I can really relate to having dreams like that one
mrsmla4ever (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
I have had many dreams about family members that have passed; some of them have been good while others have been been bad. In one dream in particular, I am in a large closet many of my deceased family members and they are all speaking to me but I can never hear them. This gets very frustrating for me.

I have heard on many occasions that when you dream of a passed family members, make sure that you listen to what they are saying because usually it is something very important.
kmarie (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
dear stmikal, thank you so much! And you take care too:)! Believe me, I know how your sister feels
StMikal (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
i think it is totally possible. My sister is a sensitive and she has had multiple dreams of our grandmother vsiting her. She passed away just before my son and my sisters daughter was born and I always wish she was able to see them. My sister told me our grandmother came to her in a dream and she knew about my son and her daughter and that she was proud of us. There is your proof. Take care
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
I did that very often as a teenager. Every once in a while I will have dreams like that now. Almost all of them are people I don't know. Just pay very close attention to the detail of your dreams. The dead know who to go to for help, and I suppose they knew your mind was open.
kmarie (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
childofthelotus, thank you for your advice!
And, I also get dreams from other spirits too, some that I don't know who they are.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
I believe your aunt was trying to contact you and it wasn't just a dream. Dreams are actually the easiest way for the dead to contact the living without causing their spirits pain after they have already passed onto the Spirit World (Heaven/Hell to some people).

Seeing your grandpa may have been a residual memory, being that he used to be in that area before, and used to let you ride the train. Pay very close attention to your senses and dreams. The spirits of loved ones feel that you are open enough to be trusted with their contact.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: