You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Tricksters, My Worst Nightmare

Real Ghost Stories

Tricksters, My Worst Nightmare

 

Since June of this year, people around me and my family seem to be fighting with an unseen force. The challenges have been quite intense and now have escalated to almost causing bodily harm. I am scared that something bad is going to happen to those I care about the most.

After some research on www.crystalinks.com, I am leaning toward the possibility that a Trickster is "playing with us" and I get the strong feeling it is enjoying every minute of it. It has affected the lives of my friends, son, daughter and husband, not to mention, other people in the immediate area, some with horrible results.

I've learned a Trickster, in mythology, is a god, goddess, SPIRIT, man, woman or anthropomorphic animal who plays tricks or otherwise disobeys normal rules and conventional behavior. The Trickster seems to have supernatural powers which help him perform his tricks. He lives, dies, comes back, shape shifts, all sorts of magic as our reality is nothing more than an illusion. From what I've read they aren't always so bad and can (have) been around for centuries, in their various forms, but my concern is this--

What we are experiencing appears to be in the physical reality. In this game the Trickster challenges us at every turn. Thus we feel VERY VERY frustrated, which in turn, leads to carelessness in our every day lives. If we are not careful, we can get physically hurt.

Examples this past week include (while hauling big round bales on a hay wagon): the brakes went out on the truck, had to coast to a stop and just made it; tractor stalled, with front of tractor on roadway and three big semi trucks came barreling around the turn right at it with my husband on it! (he got it started and backed out of the way just in time); rope on hay bales could have broken, causing bales to fall and hit cars behind us; and rope did break as my husband climbed to the top of the wagon pulling on the rope, causing him to fall backwards (luckily his feet hit the back of the wagon and slowed his fall before he hit the ground). And that's just one week.

Others have experienced wrecks, dead-end job searches, and one bad thing after another. It just can't be happenstance...

My question is how can I get rid of it? I've read that burning incense can help but can be risky because it can confuse or discourage the activity of the dead. But if you do decide to try this Dragon's Blood is best. It discourages and weakens spirits. Trickster spirits will not come around where this is burned. BUT don't use unless absolutely necessary.

What I have tried in the past with simple occurrences...is to laugh and say, "I hope you're having fun. It won't get you what you want, so you may as well go pick on someone else." And it stopped, for a while.

But this has gotten very serious. I'd appreciate any input on this for I fear something really bad is going to happen.

Other hauntings by BYLUYSTER

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BYLUYSTER, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
Wow trolls are more eloquent these days.

Reading your account it just seems as if you have very bad luck in your family.

I'm not saying your account is false. I'm just wondering if there isn't mundane reasons for these things that have happened.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
Hello again, BYLUYSTER.
I was thinking about this experience, as I was doing a bit of research and came across a site that straight up suggested the "coin test", and thought I would add a link.
I know that you really did not have a problem with my vagueness as to where the test came from, (as you know that most of my thoughts and insights had been passed down by word of mouth, and not found in a book somewhere) but there WERE those that doubted such a test existed, and perhaps thought I was making it up to boost my own personal ulterior motives.
Whatever they perceived THEM to be, I do not know.
Christine B. Of El Dorado Paranormal Investigations posted the test on her site www.edparanormal.com. Now she does NOT state what the results should or MAY be, she simply suggests laying a stack of pennies out and watch them to see what happens.
Christine B. Is the author of Paranormal Musings (a newsletter that is very informative and deals with the paranormal being... Well, "normal"), she is the owner of El Dorado Paranormal Investigations, is an author (poetry as well as novels and short stories).
An important note, to the doubters still, Christine B.'s site (the link I added here) is named one of the top informative paranormal sites available at this point in time. It ranked even higher than that of TAPS and Paranormal State.
I should think her insights would carry a bit more weight than many of us on here, as to her life experiences. This is not the site I had wanted to post for you, all that time ago, but sadly, I still can not find that exact site. Should I come across it again, I will post it.
Thank you.

How is everything going? Did things either slow down or stop all together? I sure hope so, you went through enough during this time.
Autumn
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-13)
You have to be careful when you think something bad is going to happen because bad luck has a way of manifesting that way. I was talking to my friends and family back home and it seemed like everyone was down on their luck so I thought to myself I better watch out myself! Then a day later I got into the most terrible argument with my husband that almost ended in divorce! I kept thinking to myself not to act too rashly about the whole thing and just wait a day and see what happens. The very next day it was like nothing ever happened between us. I just think I somehow invited negativity into my life subconsciously. I see this as a lesson to me and probably to you as well. Focus on the most positive and rewarding aspects of your life to turn your luck around! Burn the dragon's blood if it makes you feel better, but focus on the positive as best as you can. Good luck to you and your family - Sydney. ❤ 😊 ❤
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-07)
Galleygal-I have been on this site for some time now and have heard others make unsubstantiated claims about Whitebuffalo,i.e. She is really a young boy.

It is our right to believe what we want when we are on this site. Anyone can, including you, claim to be whoever they want. But it is my opinion that if I choose to take what she says seriously, that is strictly my business and anyone who chooses to believe. My question to you--why are you so concerned for my welfare? Thank you if it is well intended, but honestly, I know that this site is for entertainment purposes. However, that does not deter me from seeking advice on a sensitive subject from those who have been here longer than I have.

In what Whitebuffal said, she knows where all this 'stuff' I have been experiencing is really coming from or should I say, from whom. I am smarter now and more capable of handling it as such. Therefore, please understand, I did not feel taken advantage of or made to feel stupid...I know for a fact that there are things that are not easily explained but shared by people on this site. I was the one who singled out Whitebuffalo. She did not try to 'take over' and lead me down the wrong path. So please, I am asking you to let it go. I would hate to feel responsible for tarnishing this site by asking for help.

God Bless,
Byluyster
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2009-10-02)
galleygal, do me and everyone else on this site a favor and please just zip it...we all get that you are educated, well spoken, and a very eloquent writer...but enough is enough...you call whitebuffalo a hoax and expect her to NOT feel insulted?...stop looking down your nose on other people long enough to see how ignorant you sound...this is a forum for discussion, not a MENSA SOCIETY meeting...this lady has a real problem, and I'm sure, would welcome any help you have to offer...do you seriously think you are helping?...
mrsmla4ever (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-02)
Galleygal:

The more I think about the comments you have made about Whitebuffalo, the more annoyed I get. Whitebuffalo has NEVER acted better than anyone. It seems to me that the only one who thinks they're above someone is you. This site is here to help people, not to attack them. Leave Whitebuffalo alone. Again I'll say, if you don't like what Whitebuffalo says, then ignore her comments.
mrsmla4ever (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-02)
Galleygal:

I would like to point out that we are in a public forum, which for most of us, means that we need to pay attention to what we write. You should think about how your post will make other people feel before posting it. I did not imagine anything. The implications in your post were very clear.

Another thing that I am not understanding is why you are accusing Whitebuffalo of putting Byluster in danger. Whitebuffalo was simply trying to narrow down the possibilities. Not once did she tell Byluster that she had a trickster. Please get off you high horse and move on.
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-01)
mrsmla4ever:

It's unfortunate that you choose to be insulted by my words, but please don't expect me to assume responsibility for what you imagine I meant as opposed to something I actually said.

For what it's worth, I don't believe anyone here is naive, and I don't think whitebuffalo is pulling anyone's leg. But she is aggrandizing herself while demonizing others.

Whitebuffalo:

How I came to my conclusions about you is in my last response, below.

I would never accuse you of oversimplifying; I accuse you of complicating the communication with convoluted doublespeak.

I do not believe or disbelieve in the coin test so much as I don't believe you know how it is supposed to work, and that you don't want to admit it.

To be fair, I said that you unthinkingly put Byluyster in harm's way, not deliberately. You can read up on enabling to see the consequences to which I refer.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-01)
Excuse me again, please, BYLUYSTER.

Galleygal I have no idea why it is that you are trying to call me out. I read all that you have written, and honestly I do not see how you have come to the conclusions that you have. I, in no way, intended to make anyone look stupid, nor put up a smoke screen of any kind. All I did was try to help someone work through a situation.
Forgive me for over simplifying. I made the comments the way I did in the event that someone else was reading along and needed a bit more extra information. I did not do it to show superiority or to pretend to be something I am not.
I am not an inventor. The coin test is one that has been used a few times. I did explain that out. In that you do not find that believable, well, we are all entitled to our own opinions.
And no, I did not put anyone in danger. I believe that BYLUYSTER has been in the presence of my comments long enough to know that I would not intentionally place anyone in harms way, but farthest from it.
So you find me to be a hoax. Nothing I can do about that. It is the way you feel and I will not argue it with you. There would be no point. But I will not be baited into following someone around who wishes to make a name.
Thank you.
mrsmla4ever (3 stories) (53 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-01)
Galleygal:

I have been following this story and the discussions and it is my opinion that you have been trying to argue with whitebuffalo the entire time.

It seems to me, that by you calling whitebuffalo a hoax, you are basically calling the rest of us naive for believing anything she says. I consider myself to be an intelligent person, and I am definitely not a naive person. I have enough life experience to know when someone is pulling my leg.

Whitebuffalo is a very respected figure on this site for a reason. She is incredibly helpful and knowledgable. If you don't like what she says, then please ignore her comments. While I don't want to assume anything, I would imagine that I am not the only person on this site who is getting tired of your continually challenging whitebuffalo.
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-30)
whitebuffalo

How could I possibly miss your explanation that this is the realm of the unknown...you said so over and over and over again, ad infinitum!

However, you didn't present the coin test in terms of the unknown, or as theory; you presented it in terms of fact, as a methodology for determining the presence of a being.

From the get-go of this discussion, all I wanted to know was how this coin test was going to indicate the presence of a trickster, if the commenters on this thread believed in the existence of tricksters, and the purpose of salting the coins. I didn't want to know what a trickster was. I didn't require a "how-to" session on avoiding bias in experimentation. Nor did I ask for your viewpoints as they pertain to those who come to this board in search of answers and your efforts to assist.

You offered all this information, though, in what was clearly an effort to cloud the issue and draw attention away from the (now obvious) fact that you have no idea what this coin test is for. Along the way, you presented a fallacious argument in an effort to support the existence of tricksters and incorrectly used the word "theory" in order to give your lengthy diatribes an air of scholarly authority.

For some inexplicable reason, you ARE considered an authority here, and are well-regarded; with that acknowledgement comes the responsibility to present that which is fact as fact, and that which is merely your opinion as such. You, in your arrogance, instead propose a coin test which, as of yet, has not been shown to be anything but something you invented on the spot. You unthinkingly place Byluyster in a position where she may incur psychological harm, by enabling her belief that a trickster may be the culprit in her life, all so that you may appear to be more than you are.

Now, you point out that maybe I "...missed the part that said this is part of the Unknown, and that it is surrounded in theory" in a laughable attempt to make ME appear stupid.

I will state unequivocally, so that there is no doubt in your mind, I believe you to be a hoax, the biggest one on this site.
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-29)
Whitebuffalo, I hope "life" gets easier for you and your family as well. We did enjoy our weekend and so far this week...nothing to worry about. Boy, am I glad, too.

Galleygal, I appreciate your support. Hope things are going good for you, too.

Everyone take care now and my thanks to you all,
God Bless,
Byluyster
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-28)
Hello galleygal,
I think I understand just where YOU are coming from as well. Maybe you missed the part that said this is part of the Unknown, and that it is surrounded in theory.
Thank you.
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-28)
Hi whitebuffalo. Thanks for enlightening me, I think your understanding of this subject is perfectly clear to me now.

Hi byluyster, that you had an uneventful weekend is great news! I do hope that this period of peace continues for you and your loved ones.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-28)
Not a problem at all, BYLUYSTER.
I also hope that this discussion has helped both YOU, and whoever else may have needed, or may need a bit of assistance in this area.
It is interesting to me that this weekend was more restful than usual, and nothing appeared to have happened. Very good. It is also nice to know that you got a break.
I tell you, things around here have been... Rough. The jobs around here are rather scarce, we've gone through periods of no rain straight into soaking to flooding rains (thank goodness not nearly as bad as last year) which saturates the ground well beyond what makes a farmer comfortable, bills are piling up, the kids are hyper to uneasy, I have been slammed with quite a bit of overtime (taking me away from family) and it is rough to try to keep a positive attitude.
I notice when I am harried, as I have been here in the last few weeks, that things just seem to go wrong. People at work start talking about me, clients get a bit nasty (or even sick, or fall), the place I am preparing for someone else to move in takes longer than it should, those subordinate to me seem to want to take advantage, the kids seem to fight more, the house is always a mess, just those types of things. But for me, I seem to forget at times to notice the GOOD things, which makes me slide right into the ho-hums or an almost frantic state of "oh, I have got to fix this". Then I get stuck in a rushed feeling of almost despair.
Sometimes it is just not for me to fix.
That's life.
When things are going just right, it is easy to forget to be thankful for all of that (thus the use of the journal).
But fighting forces of nature, even HUMAN nature is a tiring experience. It does tend to weigh a person down and make them less productive. Let us just hope and pray that this is all over, and you can get back to normality, whatever THAT may be 😊.
Be safe.
Thank you.
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-27)
Whitebuffalo, you are VERY wise, indeed. I hope what we have discussed here will help others through their own turmoil. The fact that a Trickster is no longer in the picture, I believe, sets my mind at rest. Or at least for the minute.

I agree negativity breeds negativity and I try my best to combat it at every turn, but this situation was getting out of control. Since this was a weekend of "rest", I have not noticed anything out of the ordinary. Maybe "it" will settle down and give us some peace.

Thank you very much for your time and insight. You are one in a million. Take care now.

God Bless,
Byluyster
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-27)
IF this is a matter of mind waves working together to meet these ends, I can only recommend trying to "lift the spirits" so to say. Most generally if one thinks positively, even in the midst of turmoil, it will come through in their actions. This is often not a conscious thought, it just seems to fall into place.
I would start out with perhaps a bit of aromatherapy (even just candles around a tub that you soak in, an incense at night, that sort of thing. Earth scents seem to work best) and work up to whatever practices you use to keep upbeat.
I have known some that keep a "happy journal". It really is not as hokey as it sounds. 😆 The entire contents of the journal are, as you can probably imagine from the name, only happy thoughts. Pick out a thing or two about the day that were good, and write them down. Making sure to focus on the good things.
The amazing thing about emotions are that they are catchy. If YOU are consistently upbeat, sooner or later, those around you may start to catch the fever. I further believe that if someone is stuck in a funk, others can absorb THAT emotion, too.
I personally DO believe that one can absorb negative emotions, (positive ones too) and actions from someone who seems to be lost in its grasp. I also believe that one CAN force their own emotions on someone else.
That is where the positive thinking comes in. If you surround yourself with just up beat thoughts, the feelings will follow.
As more than one person would appear to be involved, all I can say is maybe YOU can lead by example.
Prayer never ceases to help. But remember that the Good Lord helps those that help themselves, so do what you can here, and let Him help you IN there...
Catch me?
Thank you.
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-26)
Gallygal-Sorry, I was not referring to you when I stated-why so vicious and undermining. I was speaking about what is causing turmoil in our lives. My fault for not being clearer on this.

Whitebuffalo-As usual, you are closer to the truth than you realize. The coins DID NOT move at all. And if what you say is right...I think I do know why this is happening. If it is mind control, what can we do about it, since I believe it could be from more than one individual? Is it possible for negative energies to be thrust upon people with dire circumstances? I know that evil can be summoned by those with an evil heart. Is prayer my only answer?

Thanks again.
God Bless,
Byluyster
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-26)
Ok, sorry, that post seems to be missing. I apologise for that, I wrote out the last comment before checking it out.
Tricksters were supposed to be jokers, pranksters, and a bit of perfectionist all wrapped up in one. It is thought that if you have an odd number of anything that TWO are in a straight line, and one is off (that is why I suggested a triangle) a trickster will rectify the situation.
They are blamed for missing items, shoes being placed in opposite order from what they were left, (if left outside the home door) or even in a totally different location, for bringing bad luck, and a number of other things too.
There was an episode of Ghost Hunters in which one of the researchers left his pair of shoes outside the doorway of a room in the home. When he went back to put his shoes on, ONE of the shoes was in a totally different room. THAT was blamed on a trickster.

In the coin test, TWO things could have happened if the coins were tampered with. One is that there was a Trickster present, the second would be that someone COULD HAVE used a form of mind control (which is why I suggested ASKING if someone had moved them if something HAD changed) to move the coins if they were not present.
As there are TWO family members known to have a gift, the possibility of that is rather high, as the talent is doubled.
In other words, the test was suggested to point to something OTHER THAN "life". IF the coins had been moved, TWO possibilities (well, three if you count someone KNOWINGLY tampering with them, even taking them) would have been present. IF the coins had been moved, then I would have suggested a telekinetic test, or even a "suggestion" test (That would be a test to prove or disprove the idea that someone had strong enough "brain power" to alter their existence with the mere thought of something). If they were missing... We would have had to start back at square one.
IF either of those test disproved the theory, then we would have had to branch out to full out challenge a trickster. Not a test that could mean either a trickster OR mind control, but a test just to prove the existence of the trickster.

"It" in the case that you quoted me, was meaning "the test". A person could not manipulate the test to point in a different direction than what the results would have shown. In other words, if I had said "Check to see if the coins are in a straight line, as that would point to a trickster" then the PERSON whose ENERGY (mind control, telekinetics) could have forced the coins to move in a straight line, may have been able to make the coins do exactly what we were looking for, making the findings of the test false. They COULD HAVE done it without realising it, perhaps just as they were thinking something to the effect of "I wonder if the coins will form a straight line by nightfall".
That is the sole reason for not mentioning any of that before the results were in. Our minds are powerful tools, and even if we are not aware of it, it CAN help us do some truly remarkable things, or harm us in unmentionable AND mentionable ways. No need to give away the "punchline" if waiting to see what this could have been.

This whole thing has been to see if there was a trickster present. In finding that the author has a son with the same talents, it made the possibility of a combined mind energy. One must test ALL thoughts, and not just jump on one as it sounds nice, or the easiest idea.
These findings (the position of the coins after the test was done) do not completely cancel out the theory of a persons energies causing some, if not all of the situations happening there. Not by a long shot. BUT, the fact that friends and OTHER family members are in the same situation right now, point to (but do not make this all inclusive) life experiences.

Again, I do not have all the answers. I am not all knowing. This was just a test, and as such can be prone to human error. It is also a possibility that IF there is a trickster present, it MAY have been "messing with" those involved by hiding out for the day, in a different location. Nothing is fool proof. We are working with theories here. As far as I know, there is no scientific proof positive OF entities that are not live humans. That includes ALL forms of ghosts, and non-human beings, as well as the mythological beings that have been reported as sighted.
Hopefully that made things more clear, and not a jumbled mess. I really AM trying to make this easier for you to understand.
Thank you.

Excuse me again, please, BYLUYSTER. I DO hope you are paying attention to the "extra" comments as they may make things more understandable.
Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-26)
No, that is not what I said, galleygal.
I explained out the purpose of the test. The "salt test" was not a "test", but to clean the coins.
Thank you.
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-26)
White Buffalo, are you saying that you don't know the purpose of the coins and salt tests?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-26)
Galleygal.
A couple of things.
Malevolent? Yeah, I am not so sure about that. As I stated "I do not KNOW that they exist, I have no FAITH in them, but I do strongly feel that there IS a possibility" Just like I do not know about the elemental beings, but I accept that there may be a possibility of their existence (you alluded to them by Shakespeare's Puck), and do know a bit of their history.
I am not saying they do NOT exist, nor am I saying they DO. I have no clue, myself. This is a site that deals with the Unknown. How can I know unquestionably about the existence of all of these types of beings? There are THOUSANDS of different types of creatures that are blamed for numerous things.
I am not all knowing. Just a researcher. I tend to share what I have learned on the assumption that people will accept or deny, on their own. It is just like looking up anything on the Net. It is up to the individual to form their own opinion. Just because I may appear to say it is so, that does not mean it should be written in stone, but it SHOULD be researched if the person is interested.
I was simply writing the "known facts" of tricksters. The things that have been documented or supposed about the beings.

Sure, I understand why. I have no feelings either way on your comment. To me, it was written with a question in mind, and I answered you in a way that I hoped you would understand where I was coming from. I hold no animosity, nor am I upset with you.
No harm, No foul.
Thank you.

Excuse me, please, BYLUYSTER, again.

😊
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-26)
Hi again White Buffalo! I'm still confused as to the purpose of leaving the coins out. It sounds as though you are saying that if the coins had moved, it most likely would have been the result of someone in the home using mind control: "In the event that the coins had moved in any of the ways that I questioned...I would have to question whether there was a Trickster in your house." Conversely, this quote from an earlier post indicates that if the coins had moved, it can't be due to anyone in the home: "IF this is a trickster, it would not be able to resist the challenge. On the other hand, if this is the ENERGIES of the PEOPLE involved, as long as they do not know what the exact TEST is, they can not manipulate it [I take "it" to mean the coins]. Knowingly or not."

I don't understand how this eliminates a trickster, can you explain further, please? Also, if discovering the presence of a trickster was not the ultimate purpose of the coins, what is this "challenge" to which LouSLips and you are referring? Oh! And what is the purpose of the salt, please? So many questions, I know! I appreciate your taking the time on this.
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-26)
Please disregard my last request, white buffalo, as I see you posted some info already:)
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-26)
Hi White Buffalo. You're right; I did make an assumption that you were asserting the authenticity of the trickster, based not only on what you said in your reply to me, but also on your proposed course of action (which preceded your reply), which was to do the coin test, followed by the salt experiment. This, to me, implies faith in the trickster's existence, most notably because you apparently know this method for discovering its presence.

Also when you stated: "All these people can not (sic) be wrong, nor can this all be a case of Mass Hallucination.", I took that to mean that you personally rule out "...self hallucinations, mental instability, stress or whatever..." as a reason for the apparently wide-spread belief.

Also all of your prior posts seemed (to me) to indicate your belief in the trickster as a malevolent force; for example, several times you referred to the trickster as if it were real, such as when you said "There could be several reasons for a trickster taking on an entire family...".

Surely you can understand why I, based on all that you said, would come to the conclusion that you were arguing that because many people believe in a thing, it must be true. You say that my conclusion is incorrect; I believe you and apologize for the misunderstanding.

I understand the surface purpose of the test. I would still wish to know your explanation of the possible results of the test, please. If the coins had changed somehow what would that have signified? And what is the purpose of the salt on the table?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-26)
Hi BYLUYSTER.
You know, to be totally honest with you I have to wonder what is going on in your community. If you, your family and your circle of friends are all running this line of bad luck, that usually signifies something a tad more thought provoking that mists in the night. Know what I mean?
How is the economy there?
I see the rains (that in itself could cause undue stress as it pertains to farming), the missing items, the added messes with the truck issues (figure out what that was yet?).
Did you salt circle your coins? Good. Just pick them back up now and stick them in your pocket, or the jar, whatever. There really is no use for them anymore save for the spending. 😉
In the event that the coins had moved in any of the ways that I questioned (and there are many other ways, too. I just did not want to fill the entire page) I would have to question whether there was a Trickster in your house. Only in that it is said that to pose a challenge would be totally irresistible to a trickster (they might TRY to walk away, but the challenge is said to pull them back in).
I brought up poltergeist as, believe it or not, they are the closest "brother" to a trickster. Perhaps thousands of years ago they were in their own line, but as for today's standards, they are vastly confused with one another.
Do I have you so far?
In that the coins did not move... That would also eliminate the chance of this all being in mind control. Meaning: it is a possibility, and there ARE documented cases in which an individual in the home is the cause of "bad luck", inadvertently, and through mind control.
Let me give you an example, as that sounds a bit foggy to get the real meaning out of. Something really not good happens to someone and they are a bit bitter about it. OK, let us just say that you and your significant other got into a verbal disagreement. You KNOW you were right about...Whatever, and he knows HE was right. You might be a bit off because of the disagreement, and though you have forgotten about it in the course of the day, you have not let go the FEELINGS of "I am going to PROVE to you..." (Sorry, that is straight out of my OWN mind)
There ARE some people who can actually alter their world by just (knowingly or not) using their mind. There are LOTS of cases of this, and lots of guilty feeling people walking around as the last thought they MAY have had when leaving a loved one was "you'll get your come-up-ens" or something to that effect, and then something DOES happen to that person.
I do not see that as your issue either.
The coins did not move. You probably thought about them a lot that whole day, and tried to figure out what exactly the coins would prove. You probably walked past them dozens of times looking at them just to see if something DID happen. Right?
Uh huh. Thought so. IF they had moved it COULD have signified your strong mind, and the will to MAKE the coins move. That is why I never mentioned how they MIGHT move.
Telekinetics is simply the physical manipulation of objects with ones mind. Which means, if you think on it, you could move it. It takes a bit more than that, but I think you get the picture.
Guess what else that leaves?
Yep. You got it, and you are more than likely rather relieved by the thought.
The fact of the matter is, it seems as if when ONE thing goes wrong, many things do. That is why there are so many sayings like "when it rains, it pours" and "bad luck always comes in threes". My theory on that is we are expecting it to go wrong. We already accepted the first bad thing, it is easier to accept the second. I have noticed in my own life, that when something goes crazy wrong (like some of the things you mentioned) that I just take it for granted that the whole day is going to be a washout.
In thinking that the whole day is a loss, I do not pay as much attention to what I am doing as I should. That, in itself, causes accidents.
I really do not think you have anything paranormal to worry about concerning this. I think it sounds like life to me.
Start each day with a positive attitude, perk it up when it seems to sag, put a smile on when you feel like frowning and continue on. It will get better.
"This too shall pass".
Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-26)
Oh, no. No, no.
That in no way is what I meant to imply, galleygal. When I said "...hundreds upon hundreds of people have witnessed, or experienced SOMEthing having to do with various mythological beings. There HAS to be a reason..." I did not say they experienced, so it must be TRUE.
Nope. I did not. What I DID say was "There HAS to be a reason".
Whether that reason is based in actual Beings, self hallucinations, mental instability, stress or whatever, there IS a REASON.
I went on to say that I do believe there is a possibility. Now, then, THAT is an opinion. Much as you stated yours, I stated mine. There is no right or wrong answer as it pertains to an opinion.
BYLUYSTER is not MADE to perform these tests. It is a request. The point of the tests is to eliminate, in the MIND of the individual, all other options, save for the truth.
I can sit here and tell people straight out of my past experience, what each and every step for my own personal banning would be, but the individual MUST FIND THE ONE TO WORK FOR THEM. Not all "solutions" fit each and every situation. Just as in most everything else, one must find the key to that particular mystery.
If you read through all of my comments on this page then you could see that I am helping BYLUYSTER work through the process. This particular person is a logical individual who, like me, just needs a few extra nudges in the right direction, when all their personal courses of action have been spent.
I know that it is human nature to want to know all of the answers immediately upon thinking the question, but there really ARE reasons to keep a few answers to ones self. I am not baiting, not trying to be illusive, nor am I stringing anyone on.
I understand about being logical. I also understand how easy it is to fall into the trap of absolutely believing in something no one else does. I understand how infuriating that can be for some individuals to accept, and I know how some would view this whole situation.
But I also know that the world thought people completely crazy when man thought he could fly. And now he does.
Thank you.
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-26)
Hi Byluyster. I'm not sure why you are telling me all this, I never questioned your thinking process, reasoning ability, or knowledge of the empirical method, I question the credibility of a mythological creature as the source of your troubles and the purpose of performing these tests.

I'm guessing you took what I said about my feeling that you should not waste your time considering mythological creatues as an insult or criticism; if so, I apologize, that was not my intention.

I'm not sure I follow you on one of your comments: are you asking me why I am vicious and undermining, or the force at work in your life?

Regardless of the explanation for all these events, I do hope you find solutions that work for you.
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-26)
Whitebuffalo, thank you for your time and trouble. And I am glad to hear you think it is NOT a trickster, but I get the feeling that "something" is causing this. Am I right? But I will do as you ask, out of respect for you, and I will keep praying that things start to go the other way and SOON. 😐

I am not sure what you are talking about--something happen outside of home, such as an individual circumstance or a general overall occurance?

All I know is things have been turning up missing, we all have the feeling like we are hitting a brick wall (friends included) and the almost accidents have been unnerving.

I will do the rest of the experiment and keep you posted.

Galleygal--For certains reasons, I am VERY familiar with the scientific methods used to determine a logical answer to a question. I can break down things and try to form a hyphothesis in order to get to the core of the problem. I understand where you are coming from with your suggestion about Occam's Razor, I read it, but it always comes back to the same thing--why so vicious and undermining?

I am no stranger to critical thinking and have done a lot lately, but something is behind it and I want answers.

Will keep you all posted and thanks for all the suggestions...

God Bless,
Byluyster
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-26)
What a lot of comments,Im sure it all seems very real and scary.But humans tend to see patterns in things even accidents and strange occurances,it might not be what you think,try to think in a logical manner and always think of a rational explanation to everything.don,t be scared regards Jack 😊

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: