You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: I Need Help

Real Ghost Stories

I Need Help

 

This is more of a plea for help than a story, so please, if there is anyone who may be able to help me with this I would be forever grateful. I moved into a old house, some 5 years ago, out of desperation, so that I did not have to tote my son the 15 miles one way to High School 5 days a week. I swore to myself that this was only temporary, but even after his graduation from High School 2 years ago, I am still stuck here, because of financial reasons.

Since childhood, I have always been sensitive to spirits, and it has become even more pronounced the older I get. The house that I am in, I have always sensed a presence, and I know that one is here. I hear the footsteps at night, walking through my kitchen, and living room, and then they're just gone. It sounds like heavy boots, and a long stride, very creepy, not scary, just creepy. I hear noises like something fell, but when I check, nothing is there. I always feel watched, like it's quietly watching every move that I make. The other day, I was standing at my sink washing dishes, and I felt something touch my side, like a poke, as if it just wanted me to be aware of it's presence, almost child-like, wanting attention. I see the dark shadows, moving quickly by me, and when I look directly at it, they are gone. All of this is fine, because I do not feel threatened by it, and the situation is livable, but creepy.

My Niece lived with be for a short time, and it scared her. She said that the door knob in her bedroom would move, as if someone was trying to get into her room. She said that it would wiggle, not turn, just wiggle, and I would have to deal with her being scared out of her mind at night. My son also dealt with some scary things here before he moved out and joined the Army. But to this day, he refuses to tell me about them, because he's afraid that he will scare me, which he is probably right.

Now, this is what I am dealing with inside my house, but what is outside, I am horrified of. I don't want to sound insane, and no, I am not writing this from the inside of a Mental Institution. The presence that's outside my house has just showed up, and has been here for only about 3 weeks now. The only way I can describe what it feels like, is pure Evil. I am scared to death of it, and horror consumes me when I have to go out there. I leave very early in the morning to work, at 3:30am, so it is very dark. There are mornings that I feel it is not out there, then there are mornings that I feel it, like it is watching me from my fence line (I live in a rural area).

It has made itself known to me. It started off at first like a distinct whistle. The second thing it did almost caused me to have a heart attack, and I'm not exaggerating. That morning, I had gotten up for work. I have a Hound Dog that I keep inside my house with me, so the first thing that I do when I get up in the mornings is put my Dog outside to go to the bathroom. That morning, my Dog would not leave my porch. He would bark, and growl out into the darkness. I opened the door, and the hair on his neck was standing straight up, and he ran back into my house like he was scared, and did not stop until he was under my bed. I thought maybe a Coon or Possum was out there, and he was scared of it.

After about 20 minutes, my Dog went back to the door, wanting outside, so I opened the door, and he would not go out, and I had to push him outside. Again, he would not leave the porch, and stood there bristled up, growling into the darkness. I opened the door, and he ran into the house again. I was not scared, just confused by the way my Dog was acting. Now it came time for me to leave for work.

I turned off all the lights, and walked down my sidewalk, through my front gate, and got into my car. I put my keys into the ignition, and was fumbling for the headlight switch, which for some reason I could not find. My car window was down about half-way, but my door was shut. From the dark area that my Dog had been so frightned of, about 50 feet in front of my car, I heard a sound that I have never heard before. It sounded like it was right in my ear doing this , and it sounded like someone was blowing on a duck call, but very baritone and strange sounding. It was so loud it made my ears hurt. It scared me so bad, I felt like my heart was up in my neck, and I suddenly got this awful headache. I started my car, and my entire body was shaking to the point I could hardly press the gas accelerator. I backed up, and finally found the headlights on my car, and turned them on, pointing them into the direction of the noise. I saw nothing.

A week later, I got this phone call that was strange. It was my best friend calling me, as that's what my caller ID showed. I answered the phone, said "hello", and this very faint voice of a man came on and said "hello". It sounded like he was a million miles away, with a static like sound. I detected a slight accent, like he may have been Hispanic. I asked him who he was, and after a long pause, he said "who is this". I got very freaked out, and almost hung the phone up, but told myself not to. I asked him if he had the wrong number, and he said "no", then the line went dead. I immediately called my fried back, and asked her if she had just tried to call me, and she said "yes", but the phone was doing something weird. She said that it was making this sound, like static blaring from a TV, and sound was fading in and out. She wanted to know what was going on with my phone.

Now, I don't know if this had anything to do with all of these other things, but it was weird. I don't know what is going on at my house, and why all of this is happening. I am really scared, to the point all I can do is sit on my couch after dark, and brace myself for something to happen. I feel almost like what's outside, wants in, and it's feeding off my fear, like it's enjoying it. I have not done anything to draw whatever this is to me. I even went to the extreme of getting Olive Oil, and praying, while sprinkling it around my house, inside and out. Whatever it is, I want it to leave me alone, but it won't.

PLEASE, anyone who can help with this, or can tell me why this is happening, please do. I have a fear, because my Son is due to go to Iraq in September, something is trying to warn me of a pending doom with him. If anyone can read into this situation, and knows about this stuff, please tell me. I am horrified.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Ancient (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
Did you finally get any help?
If you did please let me know how it went, and if you did not get any help, then we could help you.
JimD (431 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
Hi;

It's a demon. As a demonologist, I get really busy prior to Halloween, Christmas, and Easter. Try Catholic Holy water, especially at night and on your beds. Also the phrase "Jesus and Mary help me" helps a lot.

If Catholic, the sacraments and Holy Rosary help a lot. Demons are experts at psychological warfare, and love to terrify us. Email me at Dukes2352atAOL.com. I'm free and here to help. God bless you.
I_will_help (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
The spirit outside is definatly evil, I believe because of your ability they're coming to you, mabey even for help. First of all the spirit inside might be a child but I believe you should get rid of both of them, they are lost and nerd to go to wherever they're sinenced, heaven or hell. If you want to get rid of the spirits I would advise having a friend that believes you or a preacher or ghost expert with you for protection, then pray to God to protect you and tell the spirits that they have died and are no longer wanted there and tell them to leave, if they don't leave then cast them out in the name of God, evils greatest fear is God. If this doesn't work have a priest bless the house and get rid of it. If you have more questions ask me. And is there a lot of quartz near your house?
BruceEnyaw (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-03)
First off you should understand some things. I believe, from what you've told us, that inside your home, is a spirit. And that outside your home, is something demonic. But remember, the thing inside your home, no matter how creepy, will not harm you. For one, because you have been there for years, and it has not harmed you yet, it will not harm you any time in the future. Spirits are tied almost jealously to places or objects, and this one has obviously accepted you enough to let you know of its presence. You said you felt that it notified you with a poke almost "child-like", further proves it means no ill harm. By all means, it could be a child. It is a friendly spirit. If it wasn't you would feel terror similar to that of what is outside, because what is outside, is something scary. A demon, I am guessing. Remember that no demon can enter into any household unless welcomed or invited. As long as you do not verbally invite it in, it will stay outside. You were right, it does enjoy your fear. Because the reason it is there is to feed on your fear. Show strength of will, be brave, as long as you keep giving it the fear it wants, it will keep coming back to be fed. Try going out to a store somewhere and finding a necklace. One with a pentagram with it. In Wiccan, and Pagan rituals and traditions, the pentagram was a shape that fended off the residents of hell. It is a star within a circle, it will keep you safe. And most of all, Holy Books. Doesn't matter which one, because whereas we cannot validate which religion is the ultimately true one, any word of God will suffice. The Bible, The Quran, The Torah, whatever. Keep it by bedside. And remember. Do not acknowledge what's outside AT ALL. Be brave, do not beg it to leave at night, or youre only welcoming it to stay longer. Be strong. I will pray for you, good luck.
Chris321 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-22)
well if you would like I can come and investigate and we can figure out for sure what kind of spirit it is, and help you get rid of it. We have all kinds of Equipment that we use on investigation. Just email me at Mchris5005 [at] aol.com or call at 817-600-1209
ilikespirits (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
well it sounds like whatever is happening with the evil spirit, the house spirit and your son is all related in some way. The one inside definately sounds like a child. It doesn't sound evil at all. Maybe creepy but that comes from the psycological sense that you don't know what it is. It probably sounds like boots because, well obviously children who live in rural areas tend to wear boots. But the one outside is very evil. It might be a warning about your son going to war or it might be after the spirit in your house. Maybe call a priest or a psycic to come and talk to it, but it might be a demon so don't get your house "blessed" because that can sometimes anger it. Look into the history of your house... Maybe the outside one is a murderer and it killed the child inside. There are so many options but look into your house and area history this is a very intresting story.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-09)
Just do not use a Quija Board! These things can literally kill someone. I sure hope things are better for you!
Pixiemel (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
thank you for sharing :)! I see you are very troubled, and I am here to help! I always see people tryna get rid of the ghosts... Yes salt, sage, smoke, the sounds of chimes may push the ghosts away, but fow how long? They are trapped! It may take years to come back but still! And everyone alwasy tries to make them leave, but no one ever actually tries to help them.think...why are ghosts here? What traps them?...asnwer? They haven't found the peace they needed. So all you have to do, is light a white candle for them, asking for their souls to find the peace they need, that they are forgiven if they have done something, and that they are free to go now. Tell them to go into the light. While looking at the candle, say a prayer for them,(doesnt have to be a spiritual one if you are not religious, I'm not, just say stuff like we all come and go, we are not eprfect yet we deserve forgiveness and end our lives with peace etc etc). Encourage them, telling them its ok now, its over, they should feel free and calm, and keep reminding them to look for the light and go into it. It may take more than once, they are often scared sad or confused and need to be calmed, freed and guided. Best of luck, let me know :).its easy really. All that's needed is for them not to be treated as enemies, which is the big mistake people do!
newhope (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-21)
😁
Dear corona,
My comment is a little bit late but are you still in need of help? I will check back tommorow.
Thanks
ghosthunter123 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-05)
Wow, that's a lot of stuff that's happening in that house. Are you religous? If you aren't, praying won't help very much. Sometimes spirits who want to come back will find someone who has a big fear and feed off of that. Not all spirits do that, but if they do, they can grow stronger and stronger the more frightened you become. It sounds as if the spirit in your backyard is like that(I mean feeding off your fear for your son), and it sounds like it is getting stornger. About the spirit in your house, all I can say is that you should try and contact it. Not with a Guigi Board, those things are scary, but try to ask it questions vocally. Maybe you should get a tape recorder and turn it on while you ask it questions. Try to make it react. ("If you are here, please do something to show that you're present") It could move a chair or something, maybe even talk. If nothing happens, listen to the tape to see if it picked up anything that you didn't hear. That happens a lot.
Good luck and God Bless!
ducky493 (11 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-29)
im new member but your right I have seen a sight with real ghost pictrues go to www.ghostreasearch.org/ghostpics I help me found out my thing looked like maybe it can help you out. One last thing I saw a pictrue that could be that ghost thing but can't rember what it was called? 😐 yea my frind said hixoxoxo
sovdog (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-28)
Hey,
Sorry to hear what's happening to you!
I am a new member, and like you, I am also sensitive to spirits, and I just stumbled across your story. First, in your story it sounds like you can tell the difference between evil spirits and harmless spirits, so the spirit is most likely evil if have a feeling it is. Moving is not an option, spirits cling to us who are sensitive to them, because of that, spirits can follow us no matter where we go. It cannot enter your house unless you let it, so DO NOT talk to it, evil spirits are like chameleons they can change, it may try to manipulate you and make you think it is a good spirit so you will let it in, the bible warns us not to try to talk to them. You are right when you said it can feed off fear, so do not fear it. Read the bible, say plenty of prayers, and trust in God to protect you. Put a crucifix on the porch, and in the house, and say out loud on the porch "the Lord is my shepard, you are not welcome here, leave now!" Be strong but do not challenge it. So, stand tall, trust in God, and never give up!
Aussiemate (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
Hey Corona,
It might not be a ghost or spirit. I advice you to check if there is any radio station or consignee close by. Those things might cause different vibrations in the air which leads your vision to travel in different dimensons at the time. Cool down... :)
Anna (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
Wow, very interesting. You are right. It is feeding off of your fear, and that is not a good thing. I agree with everyone who said something similkar to this; YOU NEED GOD MORE THAN ANYTHING NOW! Pray all the time, and do not be so afraid. Try to talk to it, maybe it will answer. Do not dare it to show it's self, that is very bad, and can result in worse happenings. You shouldn't move out, try to help this evil spirit. Do research, find out about any possible deaths that were not good in that house, or in a house before. Maybe the spirit is trying to get revenge on whoever killed it or something. Maybe it didn't get a proper burial. Try to find out who or what it was when it was living. Treat it with respect, after all, it was once a living being. Talk to it, you may find that things aren't as bad as they seem. I hope that I was able to help you, and that you are okay.
Ann (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
Hello. My future career is paranormal investigation. And I agree with eryone. You do need God more than aything right now. And remember that no matter what GOOD WILL ALWAYS TRIUMPH OVER EVIL! Just keep an open mind as to what your facing. I have experienced several ghostly encounters and all I had to do is just believe that God will protect me. And look, here I am. =D
Just believe in yourself and more importantly, God..."
Bless you.
xXxSpiralxXx (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
I honestly don't think that contacting any clergy will help as I have tried that before and it didn't do me any good. Find out the history of your home and see if you can find out who this presence is. Try and talk to it and ask what it wants. Don't be afraid of it, I know some of them do exude this feeling of complete evil but there has to be a reason that it's messing with you. It must want something. Try to figure out what it wants.
expert in ghost (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
you have quite a problem; but not a very big problem. Play a little try to learn the house history. Then try to see who or what it is. Some come out of love; some to hurt you, but like I always say, "the more you know about the subject, the less scary it seems..." so learn about it ask questions, and if that does not work you could a)move out or b)do an exorcism.
Emma (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
I have to agree with Dingleberry.

Remember that someone (or something in your case) can't make you fearful without your permission. Pray to God for protection from evil and the strength to confront it.
ittybit95 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
I work nights, and sometimes when I leave work and arrive home at around 4 in the morning, I feel an evil presence too. It's scary. I think that maybe sometimes evil really does follow us, maybe not even evil, maybe death. As living souls we teeter everyday between life and death. Maybe death watches us, waiting for a time to beckon to us. You can't really escape evil, since we are all sinners! (i'm not a holy roller) be honest with yourself, we can't escape death either!
Victoria (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
What they say about sprinkling holy water and praying is such good advice. Always remember that God is the highest power and no spirit or demon can beat him... You do have some work here to do but your faith will save you if you believe and ask for God's help... One tiny little thing to add is please do not force your dog to go outside if he is terrified. Animals see and hear what we can't so if he is seeing whatever is out there, please don't keep shoving him out there. Instead get an indooor litter box like they have for cats. I'm not trying to be sarcastic here, but just think how you would feel if you could see a hideous monster outside and your loved one kept trying to shove you out the door to use the bathroom... Pets can have heart attacks from the fright. Please protect your dog just as it has been protecting you... God Bless.
Megan And Katie..x (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
Megan Says:
Aww, That Sounds Really Bad, I Think I have Seen Weird Things Before, And I Do Believe In Ghosts And Spritis. Thats Really Freaky What Happend, About The Door Knob And Your Neice. My Mum Told Me A Story About That, It Happened To Her Friend When She Was Younger. She Lived In A Block Of Flats And She Could Always Hear Foot-Steps At Night Going Up And Down The Stairs. And The Wiggling Of The Door Knob, But She Could Also Feel Some-One Breathing Over Her Too. I Am Very Sorry That This Is Happening And I Cannot Help, But I Hope Everything Will Be Ok Soon. Xxx

Katie Says:
I Thought That Was Really Bad... I Feel Sorry About It And That I Cannot Help. Nothing Weird/Strange Has Happened To Me, But I Do Think I Believe In Ghosts And Spirits. I Hope Everything Turns Out Ok. Xxx
jagz (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
Omg freaky. I have just got a new book haunted anglesey because I live there!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
I know I said I wouldn't post any more responses but I just can't allow this one to go unanswered. The nay sayers drove me to it. I have to agree with dingleberry and say that what you are experiencing outside of the home is more than likely poltergeist activity brought on by your fear for your son going to Iraq. An understandable fear by all means. What you are doing is projecting those fears into a physical form, something that makes what you are experiencing more realistic to your mind. I am not saying that this is the correct answer, just one of the possible ones. You have already stated you have the Gift, and if this is so, you may have more of a Gift than you know. I can give you more possible causes and solutions if you would like. You have but to ask.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
chicano457 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-15)
hi I'm sorry what's going on in your house and life. If I were to give you some advice I would say that you should go to a local church ,pentacostal and ask them to come and pray for you and the house. .only by binding this Evil Spirits will they leave you alone. It must be done by someone who is Holy ,Good man or woman. Other than that it might not work. God (Yahweh) is merciful and He will Help you. When you pray first ask for forgivness then call upon the Angels of God to come and protect you... They will come always believe not with your mind but with your heart. Then put on some christian music all over your house LOUD night and day if you can put a load spearker out side too DO IT. Also put a CROSS INSIDE YOUR HOUSE AT THE ENTRANCE OUTSIDE THEND INSIDE. ONE IN EACH ROOM AND BATHROOM. Go to a church (cathlic)and get Holy water (a lot) and throw some around the outside your house saying in the name of JESUSCHRIST I BLEES THIS HOUSE AND AROUND YOUR LAND. READ MY POST (DEMONS UMONG US) . WELL YOU TAKE CARE AND REMEMBER YOU HAVE NO PROBLEM THE ONLY THING YOU NEED IS GOD. :) PS. IF YOU LISTEN TO MUSIC IN THE HOUSE THAT HAS BAD WORDS OR SO STOP IT.
Joshua Elahie (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-15)
I am the kid that wrote 'the almost imaginary mountain slide'.u need 2 let god into your life. My suspecion is that some evil lived there and is trying to put a hand in your life. Get a pastor 2 pray in and around your house. When I was a baby I had a similar incident and that is what my mother did and it worked! God is powerful!
Tyler Smith (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-15)
If I were you I would find history of that house. I think From What I here that someone was murdered there. Also I believe that before the house was built there may have been a very small cemetary there with unmarked graves.

But try not to worry about the ghost outside it is a creepy one but you can overpower it your the boss of the house not him. You kick his a**.
ivy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-15)
ok you said you get scared out side hey my house is haunted to what I did the place your most scared of you get a glass up fill it with water get a plate put it on top and the flip it over really fast and you put it behind a door where you are scared in a few days the nosies will disasaper when the water is gone do it over again and the ghost will dissapper
Dingleberry1117 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-15)
Hey I don't claim to be an expert or anything, however I might know something about what's going on. There's a few possibilities. The first is that the malevolent thing outside your house is trying to get the spirit inside, if you're religious think of it in like a Grim Reaper or Demon collegting it for Hell. It may then not be able to enter possibly because you own the house now and as such protect what's inside, your house your property ghost and all.

However the two may be unrelated. Your fear of your son going to Iraq is understandable as may be his fear, in cases of poltergeist activity it is fear that creates this, and the power of such fear from any person if its extreme enough it may cause this thing outside to exist. In other words what might be haunting you is you.

Either way to beat it you've got to pretty much decide that you decide what goes on and that your a bad a** and you won't take this from no body. Basically you're in charge of what happens there. Good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: