You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghostly Children Playing At Night

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Children Playing At Night

 

Our house is about 9 years old and we are the first and only people to ever live in it. There is a cluster of 15 houses where our house is. They were all build within the same year and occupied within the same year.

Our houses are built just outside of town and the street is shaped in a horseshoe form with only one way to get in or out of the houses. The closest neighbor's are about 1/2 a mile away towards town, as behind and on both sides of the houses are miles of grazing pasture.

Anyway - on with the story.

At the top of the street there is a dog pound which, is almost occupied by several dogs at any given time. On the side of the dog pound, just outside the tall fence there is a medium size mound of dirt that has been there for awhile as there is grass and weeds growing on it. There is a street light inside the fence where the dog pound is located. My husband and I are smokers but do not smoke in our house so, we go outside to smoke. We usually go in front of the house and open the garage and stand in the garage / driveway area to smoke. Sometimes on my husbands day's off we stay up late watching TV or just visiting.

More times than I care to remember the dogs at the pound would be whining and barking and putting up a fuss at all times of the night which, would cause all the neighborhood dogs to start barking and acting the same way.

One time it was summer and we were out side smoking about 1:00 in the morning and I happened to look up towards the pound to see if maybe horses has wondered close to the fence and that is what the dogs were barking at. As I looked I had to rub my eyes and blink several times because I saw children playing on that pile of dirt. I told my husband to look up towards that hill and see if he saw those kids. He could not see them. But, I clearly saw them. I came in the house and got our daughter, she was in her teens at the time, and asked her if she saw them. She saw them also. We counted about 6 kids that night.

We really didn't see any features other than small kids about the size of kindergartener's or 1st graders. There was no laughing or noise expect for the dog's all barking. As I mentioned in my earlier story, I am Native American and live on an Indian reservation. In my belief system, I was always told that when a dog is making a certain kind of noise - sounds like they are barking / whining / talking a foreign language sort of sound, it means that there is a ghost around. These dogs were making that eerie noise.

We stood outside for about 45 minutes watching the kids, just running and jumping but, no noise of laughter.

Since we have lived in our house we have noticed those kids on several occasions and it is always really late at night. It is kind of weird as my husband cannot see them.

Has anyone ever saw anything like this before?

Other hauntings by montanagurl

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, montanagurl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

swrong (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
We are not of Native American heritage, but my daughter has many experiences with seeing ghost children. She started seeing them when she was about 13 y/o and she's now almost 24 and she's still seeing them. She mostly sees groups of girls playing, sometimes there's groups of boys, but she's never seen a mix of them. She also says there's no noise or laughter. She can clearly see their hair, clothes, and smiles, but says she sees no eyes or noses. She says they are comforting and feels no evil about them. I just called her to tell her of your story, as she's never told anybody but me about them, she's afraid people would think she was nuts. She's relieved that she's not the only one who's seen them, she'd never heard of anyone else who's seen them. She doesn't see them everywhere, just one place where she grew up, another place in town here where we (her parents) live now, right behind her sister's house in another state, and in the neighborhood where she lives now (in the same state she grew up in, but another town), but all the kids were different, so it's not like they are following her around.
MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
Just wondering if your husband is also Native American?

Just thinking of only Native American children can be seen by Native Americans?
julez_c (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
hello again... I just wanted to post that most all native americans experience the same, so I hope you don't feel wireded out by what's happening. Yes, dogs do see things us humans don't see or sence. So as native american we mostly have dogs around. Or count on rez dogs. When they bark you know someone coming. Or when they go wild you know somethings out the ordinary is out. This happen to my aunt. She is a very traditional lady. One night we was all asleep, waking up to the family dog aka (griz) barking wildly for while. We lived in salt lake city,utah. Otha people would ignore it and think nothing of it. As native americans we sence something wrong... So my aunt yelled at my cousin to check what he barking at. He didn't hear her, so she went out. I listen inside cause I was scared. Then my older cousin went outside in back. The next morning my aunt told me and my little cousin what she saw. She said she went out and griz was barking at some black shadow sitting ontop someone house facing ours. It was like 12 or 1 midnight. My cousin shined the security light at it and that shadow took off broke the light. The next day my aunt went to the house she saw shadow and asked that women if her husband was on the roof at night... She said no but earlier he was but not at night. Soo wired things happen.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
Dogs have come into our open yard lately, one day my mans friend and my daughter Lilike saw a white dog near my childrens bedroom window. The other day I was doing dishes, eldest was at school, youngest 2 in the house and 2 saint benards were running around my yard, circling, I banged the door near them, they never barked just ran into my front yard for a bit and ran around there and vanished. Saw a dog not a saint bernard running down the road with no owner in front of cars. My son Lockes nickname since my pregnancy knowing he was a boy is the puppy prince as he was born in the year of the dog-2006. A dog off its leash on his reserve ran at him and I quickly picked him up. Silly boy even barked at dogs once, he loves the puppies in the shop.
Confused (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
Thank you for sharing your story with us. I have never seen anything like what you described, but I have had my dog act similarly to yours. It is very eerie to see a dog go wild at something you can not see.
montanagurl (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
once again = thank you dreamergal72 for the comment. Yes, I agree the area that I live is in a beautiful part of the U.S. I have Glacier National Park within 10 miles from my house. Unfortunately, I believe all Native American cultures/people can attest to their people / anscestors being killed or treated poorly by various soldiers. It is a sad part of history. However, I believe that we have all become a stronger people for it. And, the dogs barking - oh they sound just awful like they are talking indian, I mean I can't understand them or anything like that but, just the infliction of their whines and growls and cries makes it sound like they are speaking some sort of language and it is awful sounding, noisy and creeps me out when they do that.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
I been hearing Inidans children being killed by some civilwars or some wars soldier or other kind of indians that have diffrent names by the way I am Part indian also calling apachee from a south of louisiana. Beauituful made me want to go over your place and see it but yes the dogs that I can't stand and barking all night will not let anybodys sleep poor people.
montanagurl (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
hi everyone, thanks for the comments. I do believe that they are Native American children. We have prayed and "asked / told" them to move on but, they are still there.

Galleygal - the dogs do sound awful don't they. When we have heard them cry like that it always gives me the creeps cause I know something is around. A couple of years ago our neighbor died in her house up the street and the dogs in the neighborhood cried like that for days (just at night). It made me not go outside at all after the sun went down.

I am positive that there has to be something such as bones or artifacts of some kind still in those mass graves. That is why spirits are still hanging around. I mean it could be residual but, I have never seen the same thing (exact same thing) twice. We have all prayed and did a few other things that I will share as my stories flow out my fingertips 😁. Thank you for the comments, I look forward to others and am glad you enjoyed these stories and hope you continue to enjoy them.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
HI MONTANAGURL: this is a great story iam inclined to think that these children could be native as there were a lot of bodies buried in the area id say a lot of spirits are not at rest maybe you should organise with a good psychic to try and send all the spirits not at rest in the area into the light so they can be at peace at last from those horrible events inflicited on them by the army take care hope to hear from you...
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
I do a lot of EVP recordings. (See my other stories.) Unfortunately, I get a lot of children ghosts on my digital equipment. As a father of three it breaks my heart. Do you speak the old tongue? Can you tell them to move on to where there parents are waiting?
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
It seems like the mound may have had something to do with the children. There may be bones (not necessarily human, maybe an old pet) or something valuable buried in it.

Were the children aware of your presence at all?
starfalz (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
Yeah, maybe they are the spirits of the massacred natives...
(I've read your story about the Native American boy too)

Can you describe how were they look like at that night?
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
I've never seen anything like that but in the one story I posted here I described how my dog was making some horrible eerie whining noises that made me suspect a ghost was around...when I read your account, I tripped, the way you describe the dogs' noises was so much like mine!

I read your story about the Native American boy appearing in your home...do you think these children were also Native American (I know you couldn't discern visual details but maybe you got a feeling)?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: