You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Eddie

Real Ghost Stories

Eddie

 

When I first moved to Los Angeles, I knew no one. I ended up meeting my friend Jason (and his roomates) through an acquaintance. It was in his house that I had the following experience.

The house was in a neighborhood called Echo Park. It's a bit run down in parts, and not really the kind of place that I'd want to walk around alone at night, though I doubt that it's relevant to the story. The home itself was a large, dilapidated two story house with a full basement, the stairway to which felt like it would collapse beneath you on your way down. The top floor is like the upper story of a barn, with a staircase in the middle of the room. This was my friend Jason's room, and the place I stayed in when I came to visit.

I remember coming by after work one night (I worked at a club, so this was probably around 2 or 3 am) and I was too tired to stay up and hang out with everybody downstairs, so I asked Jason if he would mind if I crashed out upstairs. He obliged and walked me upstairs.

It was summertime, and there was no AC upstairs, so I was in a t-shirt and my skivvies to sleep. I was passed out, and I remember waking up to see a man standing at the foot of the bed, staring at me. I started screaming, but upon asking my friend later, no one had heard me. The apparition appeared green, and he had long hair, it may have been in dreadlocks. He was heavy set; and there were no pupils in his eyes, they were just white. He was luminescent. I pulled the sheets up over my head and when I looked again, he was gone. I eventually went back to sleep.

Some time later I was over at Jason's again, and we were looking through old pictures. I came across one of a guy about my age, who looked like the man I saw in his bedroom that one night. I asked Jason about it, and he replied casually, "Oh, that's Eddie. He fell off the front porch and broke his

neck." No joke, may lightning strike me now if I am making this up. When I asked him if he'd ever seen him in the house since he passed, he told me "Oh yeah, all the time. It's not scary to me though, I'm used to it. He was probably just checking you out since you were in your undies. Eddie always was a bit of a perv." I guess this was Jason's way of trying to get a laugh out of me about the situation.

I ended up crashing at Jason's house again on my birthday a few months later. I still didn't know that many people, so I opted to work on my birthday, and then celebrate afterwards. I went to bed in the same room - this time Jason was sleeping next to me - and I woke up at some ungodly hour of the morning to see good ol' Eddie sitting on Jason's amplifier not three feet from the foot of the bed. The funny thing was, it looked like he had gotten a haircut! He was smiling at me, and I got the impression that he thought it was funny that I was scared of him. I shook Jason and told him what I saw, and he told me it was no big deal, and to go back to sleep. Right, after that I could just lull into a deep sleep.

This remains the most vivid ghostly experience I've had to date. I find it interesting that it's happened on multiple occasions, and that my friend had also seen the entity in the house.

Thanks in advance for any comments, and thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by miso_curious

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, miso_curious, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
correction: I said "I'd be surprised if Eddie wasn't the only one in the home". I meant I WOULDN'T be surprised.

A typo I wanted to clarify
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
Well, it seems as though someone has an admirer, Miso! 😜 lol. That's a pretty freaky story, I think I would be scared at first too! But at least you know he means no harm, so maybe after some time you'll just get used to it like your friend.
starfalz (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
It was both scary and interesting too...
Thanks for sharing...

Anyway, have you try talking to him?
Hmm...

God bless us,
Starfalz
miso_curious (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
you know, now that you mention it, Hobbyholly, my friend did mention that every once in awhile he did see a little girl ghost out in front of the house. I think he said that the rumor was that she got hit by stray fire during a drive by (sad, I know). He said she would just smile at him. I wish I could be as comfortable around them as my friend is, it doesn't unnerve him at all to see these things.
banelunawolf (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
i wonder, mayby eddie is a frendly ghost 'cause you can tell a how they smile at you.
Next time you see him see what happens when you talk to him, it might have a good result.very nice story.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
mm Interesting. Especially given your history with "old hags".

I'm assuming Eddie broke his neck and died? Are you sure the second time you saw this figure it was him? Also, I think the history of the area (bad neighborhood) does have something to do with your story. I'd be surprised if Eddie wasn't the only one in the home/area

Thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: