You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Sons Encounters

Real Ghost Stories

My Sons Encounters

 

I just read Sebastian's story and thought this might help. I am grateful I found this site; it's a good source of venting. I enjoy the positive feedback and thank you all for reading and not judging me.

I've mentioned encounters I've had, but I wish to share with you an incident my second oldest son had. He told us a story of an unwelcomed guest in his room some two and a half years ago. We are a very religious family, and he was preparing to leave on a mission.

Over a period of months I was noticing him sleeping in the living room more often than usual, and he was very quiet at first. Then one night he told my wife and I what he saw. As I listened it became evident that more of my children could see what I've seen for years, and that broke my heart. In no ways did I want them to see the cloaked being, the terrifying feelings or anything like it, but it happens.

He told us that one evening while he was reading scriptures, he saw a form enter his room; he said he turned his back away, curled up into a ball and stared at the wall, hoping it would leave. He was too afraid to look, but could hear something pacing back and forth in his room. He found the courage to turn over and that's when he saw this disfigured spirit, it stopped pacing and lunged at him. My son said it moved so fast, and was in his face in a flash. This is when he began to sleep on the sofa; he thought it would be safer upstairs than down. I saw him one morning when I was getting ready for work, our couch is uncomfortable, but I didn't think anything of it. He never spoke of the first incident.

The second time was like the first; it had been a while since his first encounter, so he felt comfortable sleeping in his room once more. Then one night he had just finished reading scriptures and pulled the quilt up around his neck. It wasn't long before something tore the blankets off the bed, clear across the room. For a second he laid in fear, and then ran upstairs to our room and this is where this story began. He thought I was laughing at him, because I had a smile on my face, but it wasn't a smile, I was concerned for him. As much as I tried to shelter my family from these spirits I've seen over the years, they would come and go. I offered to go with him to his room and remove it from our home, but he was so terrified. I offered a prayer, and reassured my son the spirit was gone for the night. (FOR THE NIGHT)

He was looking for comfort, some words of fatherly advice. My son was becoming frustrated with me, thinking I didn't care about him or didn't believe him. I explained to him what I've dealt with for years and I refuse to let them terrify me. I saw how shaken he was, my wife told him he could sleep on the sofa until he left on his mission.

I tell my children that prayer is the best thing they can do, these spirits know who the Saviour was in the bible and they sure as heck know who he is today. It's helped me over the years.

That's my advice, take it or leave it.

Other hauntings by paranormalpest

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, paranormalpest, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ldschick87 (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
wow that really suck, I also have that gift, well I can sense them and feel if they are evil. I think I would freak out if I saw them. I'm glad he had a good time in his mission. Thank goodness the spirits at my house are not bad. I know they are there because I feel it. I feel no threat by them. Its funny that they don't like the song Jerusalem of Gold and Shema Israel which they are sang in hebrew. Whenever I play it I feel unconfortable.
Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-15)
I love reading your post, hope you submit more stories. You're right to say that no matter what religion you belong in, the more important thing is how much FAITH you have. Please, I would love to read more... ❤

Blessed be.
Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-04)
Never think you are not christain...its not a matter of what others say...the matter is what you think and believe...never underestimate yourself...GOD is GOD this is we who make the differences...go to church regularly and I can assure you your prayers will be fulfilled...

God bless you ❤
paranormalpest (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-30)
I've said that from the start, even when I joined the Mormon church. It doesn't matter what your faith, as long as you believe in God and trust in him you have protection.

Thanks for the comments
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-30)
Wonderful. It is good to hear that everything went well on the mission. Some of those new found friends will remain a part of him for his lifetime.
It is always interesting to me that so many people have experiences in these types of situations (meaning a bunch of unrelated persons being thrown together, such as in missions). That just kind of cements a few theories for me. 😊
I know that you really like to stay away from the religion side of things, but maybe this all proves that if one is strong in their FAITH, and keeping in it, then THAT is the key for protection. Not so much WHAT religion, but the Faith. Just something to think about.
Thank you.
paranormalpest (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-30)
I usually don't talk about my religion, just for the fact that some people don't consider us Christians. But as someone recently said, "sticks and stones"
We are LDS, Mormons. He just returned from a 2 year mission in Brazil. I asked him what scriptures he was reading and he said it was verses in the Book of Mormon and D&C. He doesn't like to talk about it, kind of the way I was when I was younger.
He did say he had encounters while on his mission, and one of his companions saw poltergeist activities in their room on several occasions. Electrical appliances coming on when there was no power, lights flickering, shadows, voices heard on a tape that had scriptures, that sort of thing.

FYI.
He had a wonderful mission, made lots of friends. He left a boy and came back a man. Has a greater love for the U.S, we live in a blessed country.
No I'm not putting down other nations, I am grateful to live a free life, (some what)
Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-29)
I think you should definately look at the scriptures he was reading maybe a hidden secret is there...we never know when we get a STRONG thing in our hands...Your son is strong enough... God is with you dear

God bless you ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-29)
It is bittersweet when we realise that our children are following in our footsteps. Especially when it in an area that so little is known ABOUT. It is not as if we can look someone up in the yellow pages and put our children in touch with them. Sometimes we ARE the only "teacher" they will have.
I am just curious, and it probably has absolutely nothing to do with why he had this sighting. Just me. 😊 Would you happen to know which scriptures he was reading at both instances?
I am wondering what ticked off this being so much that it finally let itself be known TO your son. Could all be in that he was reading the scriptures, and not so much in the particular passage, but that would be interesting FOR ME just to know.
How is he doing now? Did the mission go well? No hitches?
Thank you.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
What mission is your son leaving on, is he in the army or navy? If so that's a risky job, please pray for him everyday, he needs your faith in protecting him through your faith in God with prayer that you ask God to watch over him, faith gains strength in numbers.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: