You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Voices Downstairs

Real Ghost Stories

Voices Downstairs

 

This happened to me years a go while I was staying the night at my grandma's. If you have read my other story you might think that this is the same grandma but this time it is my mum's mother. Ok here it goes.

When I was younger, my cousins and I used to have sleepovers at my grandma's house. For some reason a lot of the times I would always be the last one downstairs and had to turn off the lights. I hated this cause I know I was young and scared of the dark but I used to run so fast upstairs once the lights were out. Then one night while I was laying in bed with my cousin in the front room, I heard a voice call my name. It was dead quiet. It was really late and everyone was asleep. It was a female voice and it was talking in a whisper but I could hear it like it was right next to me. It was coming from downstairs. I was really freaked out and didn't know what to do. At the time I didn't even think to wake up my cousin. This went on for a couple of minutes. The voice just kept calling my name and telling me to come to it. Eventually I put the cover over my head and lay close to my cousin until I fell asleep. That was the only time I ever heard the voice.

When I was older my brother were having a conversation about ghost's and stuff. I told him about my experience at grandma's house and to my astonishment he said the same thing happened to him. The only difference in his story was that he said it happened to him when he woke up to go to the bathroom. He said he heard a female voice calling his name. My grandmother's steps creaks when you walk up them and he said he could hear someone coming up the steps. He ran back to the room and closed the door. I think that was the only time that happened to him as well. I haven't asked any of my cousin's if they had ever experienced anything but I think I will. The thing that used to get me was the fact that my grandparent's are really religious so how could this happen in their home?

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything but a couple of times I have woken up to a loud scream in my ear and there was no one around me and it was not a dream. It felt external.

What do you guys think?

Other hauntings by StMikal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, StMikal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-09)
Hmmmm I think its another chapter of black magic or unsatisfied spirits... My friend keep rosemary with you and a HOLY CROSS with you

God bless you ❤
robertar (223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-01)
i think even "religous" people can be bothered by spirits. They are able to pray/command the spirits to stay away, but they have to remember to do so.
StMikal (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
I don't know what it is about grandparents homes but its weird. Thanks for the comment shellybelly. As for you Toni, I guess you are right about the religious thing. My grandmother has told me that she has seen her sisters spirit years ago so I guess religion has nothing to do with it. Thanks for the comment.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
Sounds like grandma may have had a residing ghost and you and your brother were sensitive enough to hear it. I have woken to a loud yell and my name being said but I just chalked it up to dreaming. Waking and falling asleep is a weird time mentally for us. It's hard to determine what is real and what is not. Being that you were not the only one to experience this chances are the place may have been haunted. Being religious has little to do with hauntings just the ability to accept or deny it. For many if it doesn't coincide with their religious beliefs they tend to dismiss it. Maybe there is more than one dimension and when we die we enter the one closest to our earthly one until we are ready to move on. This could be a reason why some see ghosts. They are just earth bound spirits that don't want to leave or can't understand what's happening so they cling to what they had in life.
shellybelly (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
I really liked your story becuase it hit close to home. I grew up at my grandparents house and would hear voices calling my name all the time telling me to go with them. At least your werent the only one that shared the experience like I did.

Thanks for Sharing ❤ 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: