You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Encounter With A Burnt Child

Real Ghost Stories

Encounter With A Burnt Child

 

I experienced this when I came to Hyderabad for a job interview.

I stayed at my brother's friend's house. This friend used to stay with his elder brother (not blood but very close) and sister-in-law.

Both elder brother and sister-in-law had gone out of station for few days.

The day I reached there, this friend gave me breakfast and asked me to get some sleep as the next day I had the interview (in the friend's company only). He then left for office. I was alone in the house and I felt really drowsy due to long journey so I went and lay down and fell into a deep sleep more or less straight away. They had just moved into this house, they didn't have beds and so I was lying on a mattress on the floor with pillow.

In my subconscious state I felt a small child completely burnt standing behind my head. Subconsciously I was seeing his whole body with my eyes open straight up. I was actually sleeping but in the sleep I was actually not asleep, I was alone and it was afternoon so I was sub-conscious. Suddenly the child disappeared. I couldn't understand. So I shouted (sub-consciously I think) that "don't you have courage to show up? Come in front of me if you have guts".

Suddenly this child started appearing behind, to the left and to the right of my head with an interval of few seconds repeatedly. I became scared like hell. I tried to call out for Lord Krishna (I am a devotee of Krishna) but no sound come out. I knew I was asleep and if I opened my eyes that would solve the problem but I was not able to open my eyes either as if some force is preventing me. With full concentration and power I finally started shouting Krishna! Krishna! In full voice and suddenly my eyes opened.

There was silence in the room. I was shocked. Thousand of thoughts came in my mind in a single shot. Not in my farthest thoughts was I thinking about ghosts before sleeping so how come I had such close experience with a ghost? I could not sleep after that.

After the friend returned I told him what happened. This is what he said, "Oh so you saw them too"

Now I was scared and asked what he is talking about. He told me that his sister-in-law also used to see (not one) three burnt ghosts - the father, mother and child and used to scream like hell overnight while he and his elder brother could not see anything.

Mystery still remains who they are?

By the way, there was a kabristan (cemetery) next to this apartment and it was in a very dirty state. People used to throw garbage there. Don't know if that has any connection.

Other hauntings by Anjali

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anjali, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sant22 (14 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-03)
Thats really very scary... Scared shiat out of me while reading.
piyuprmr (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-27)
That's soo scary
Thing to note that other person also
Have seen that ghost
And feeling pity about that ghost
At the end jai shree krishna 😁
rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-19)
I'm a devotee of Krishna too 😊 scary story... Maybe you could try asking the sister-in-law to share her experience personally and that might help you arrive to a conclusion. And do research on the house, if you can, and the cemetery.

Take care,
Rockangel13 ❤
crusader (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-26)
Hi Anjali,
If you get to read my post, I wish to ask which place is this, is this at Madhapur near the Ayappa Society or HiTech theatre.
Or is it near MiaPur. I had a strange experience at Madhapur. And heard about MiaPur kabristan from a ex-colleague.
Regards
Shiney002 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-19)
Anjali sis gud story, I liked it very much keep posting & thanks for sharing 😁
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
Hi Anjali,

LORD KRISHNA who is the Supreme of this Universe had helped you No one can withstand his light even the Great Arjuna was a bit afraid when he saw the VISHWAROOP of LORD KRISHNA.

I think that the girl had connection with the house where you are staying. Please check with your friend that whether the Appartion of the Family had been in this place before there death & also always respect the cemetery & avoid throwing garbage there as this is place where our loved ones rest in peace.

GOD BLESS YOU.
Swa (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
Yeah, the cemetary and the three ghosts surely relate. Nice narrated
krish22 (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-10)
sky tiger... Krishna is our god... Hes the lord of lords...
skytiger859 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-21)
who's Krishna? I don't mean to offend you, but I'm a christian, and haven't heard of Krishna... Sorry. 😕
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
That Sound so Sadly about child burn in fire in along with his parent. They should have very nice cemetery but trash at their cemetery that is mean!: (.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-01)
Thanks for sharing anjali, Our subconscious state of mind is a very powerful device that allows us to communicate with the spirit world. That poor child probably had a tragic end of life but I totally understand how it would fright'n you
Take care aussiedaz.
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-01-01)
ZUKISMOM, I was not being rude to the writer, I just had a misunderstanding. I could not work out what he was truly trying to say, but from his post I now do understand the story. I was not trying to be rude or anything.
Anjali (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-30)
Thanks pie1025.

Actually I think those ghosts are confined to that house and don't follow the visitors.

Because the friend's sister-in-law who stayed there also used to see them but when she was out of town, they did not follow her and were still in that house.

Thats why I was able to see them when I was there.
pie1025 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-29)
It is definitely scary - I am glad that it was just a 'one-time' affair and did not follow you, though I wouldn't want anyone to have such an experience even once. God Bless!
Anjali (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-29)
also I don't know what prompted me to challenge that child ghost in my half-awake condition like 'show yourself if you have guts bla bla'...

Was it also inspired into me by the ghost so that he can come over me more powerfully with his tantrums? I don't know.

But it was really a foolish act because what happened after that scared a hell out of me. 😨

Also, I forgot to mention that the dream was so real that after I got up I was in sweat. I was still feeling very drowsy and was not able to open my eyes but I was so scared with this dream that I could not slep again in the fear that what if that burnt child shows up again in my dream if I sleep?
Anjali (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-29)
yes I really doubt that it was sleep paralysis.

Actually the dream was so 'real' that initially I was in utter confusion why I saw such a dream in the first place. I also thought that it was because I was tired of journey etc. But when the friend confirmed that his sister-in-law also used to see then my confusion was cleared.

Thankfully, the father and mother ghosts did not show up in my 'alomost real' dream otherwise I would have lost my mental balance
😨
born_in_halloween (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-29)
maybe they (the three burnt ghosts) used to live there. Or they were graved next to the apartment.? 😐
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-29)
I thought sleep paralysis at first, but then you mentioned that your friend's sister-in-law saw "burnt ghosts" too. Very interesting.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
Such a creepy experience.
Have a nice day from Sylvie mom to
Lilike-Lily, Locke Christopher & Anjeni Katalin Nicole Weisz
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
Wow, I got the creeps now after reading your story. I would guess that this family died in a fire either on or near the land where your brother's friend's house is. The cemtery could be where they were buried. Just the thought of seeing the ghost of someone who was burnt is terrifying to me 😨. Maybe these ghosts only appeared to you and the sister-in-law because your minds are more open than the men's are. Thanks for the story, and take care 😊
Anjali (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
Scared_Girl, haterandloverofghosts,

Yes it was scary but not so much when I was asleep and woke up suddenly.

But when I came to know from the friend that it was not just a dream, but I was actually in that house alone with 3 real ghosts! That's what was scarciest.

Even today when I think that I spent those creepy few hours in that house alone not knowing that 3 pair of eyes are watching me, my hair stand and I get shiver.

But my friend and his brother were fearless. Even though they knew there is ghost in that house, they never cared. I think that's why these ghosts never dared show themselves up in front of my friend and his brother.
Anjali (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
Thanks Zukismom. This is the only experince I have had so far and I pray I don't come across with such freaky experience again!
But yes, I have few more experiences from those I know personally and would try to post soon.

Btw... I am a girl (she).:-)

Wickedwitch,

This is what I meant. Hyderabad is a city in India where I went to appear in an interview with an IT company where my brother's friend also worked.

His elder brother was a very close friend of his and so out of closeness, this friend accepted him like an elder brother. In Hindi (indian language) we call it 'muh-bola bhai'

'Out of station' means not in the city but have gone to some other place (out of Hyderabad).

We use these terminologies very often in India so I took it for granted that everyone on this forum would be familiar. Sorry for the confusion:-)

Lastly, I was sleeping with my back on the mattress so when I opened my eyes they could see the ceiling and that's when I saw this child's face and body right behind my head. Secondly, though I was in sleep I knew I was half-awake because I was conscious that I am lying there sleeping.

Hope that helps:)
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
Wickedwitch 2000 There is no need to be down right rude to the writer. If he is from Thailand he may have a little trouble communicating his english (Just as you seem to have also) to get his story across to everyone. The point of his story was he seen something not of this world and it scared him. We are here to discuss stories and be helpful if possible. Not be the grammer police. I think the story was interesting and the graveyard next to the apartment maybe where a lot of the hauntings are coming from. If you have anymore experiences I hope you will share them with us.
Zukismom
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
This story is not much of SCARY. No, I would not call it that. It would be called (In MY opinion) WEIRD, FREAKY, and MISUNDERSTANDING.
For the 'misunderstanding' I mean, I did not very much get the first, second, third AND fourth paragraphs. As my questions are:

What is Hyderabad?
Do you mean you were having an interview WITH someone or as in THEY were having an interview with YOU for you to apply with the job?

2nd Paragraph:
Now, I have only 1 question of this paragraph.
What do you mean in the sentence "This friend used to stay with his elder brother (not blood but very close) and sister-in-law."? What does Not blood but very close mean?

3rd Paragraph:
Will you please explain what 'out of station' means? I am confused.

4th Paragraph:
Now, I am sorry for my miscounting but I did not mean the FOURTH paragraph I meant the 5th Paragraph.
What do you MEAN "With my eyes straight up"?
And "I was actually sleeping but in the sleep I was actually not asleep"?

Please help me to understand! I am not much English, so I will not always understand.

❤ WIckedWitch2000 ❤
haterandloverofghosts (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
Freaky! [scared) That must be really scary. It's weird that only you and your friend's sister-in-law saw it 😕.

Wish you the best
Scared_Girl (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
😨 that's so scary! I was so scared when I read the story. 😨 but it was a nicee story though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: