You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Sudden Loud Noise

Real Ghost Stories

Sudden Loud Noise

 

I can remember, in 1997, I was just about ready to go to sleep for the night, and I wanted to just relax on the couch for a short time. I only closed my eyes for a second and I wasn't asleep. I heard, this loud noise against the house, right beside me. There was also a window beside me and I heard it vibrating and shaking! I opened my eyes very fast and I was nervous and a bit scared! I got up slowly and looked out the window... It was silent outside. It was summer time and there was no wind. I looked towards the outside light that was on and still it seemed like nothing had happened. I kept on looking for the object that hit the house and I couldn't see it. I went to my own bedroom and went to sleep.

I know, I wasn't dreaming any of this! I told my mother the next day, and she believed me. She thought I caused that to happen. Maybe I did! I must have a strong imagination for that matter. I never felt so scared in a long time and the anxiety bothered me a lot that night.

I wonder, does this ever happen to other people? I still think it's strange because I was so relaxed and comfortable before any of this! Thanks, for reading.

Other hauntings by canadian123

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

EVANNNN (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
funny this would come up
One night, I think maybe two years ago I was staying at my friends house and it was late at night, early in the morning rather... Probably like 2:30 or 3 AM. He and I were the only ones awake at the time, his cousin and his mom were sound asleep. We had just said goodnight and we both shut our eyes to go to bed. A few moments later, the same snapping or banging noise you describe happened to both of us. Though I think our noise that we experienced was much louder, more like a firecracker or a bullwhip. Anyways, the windows were ringing but the most apparent ringing was coming from my acoustic guitar which was next to my head. After the snap, all went as you describe. We both opened our eyes instantly, waited a few seconds until I finally said something about it and found that my friend had heard it too, and both or us were very traumatized by this occurence. We turned on the lights and stayed up a bit longer being wide awake. In the morning we mentioned it to his cousin and his mom and found that they had heard nothing unfortunately. The sound is sooo indescribable, we still talk about possibilities and then eventually cancel them all out knowing the sound could not come from a physical entity.
I don't think it could be an OBE because we both heard the noise very clearly, it nearly couldve deafened us.
I was just googling similar occurences and found your story and sound it to be very interesting that other people experience the same noises.
Thank you for posting your story!

^_^
Aileen (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
I have a question for Shane, if it's possible... About this Out of Body Experience stuff. What can be a cause of it and such? I think I may have had this happen a few times.

Sometimes I'll get relaxed and kind of black out. I'll feel like I'm not in my body anymore and as though I'm standing beside myself. As soon as I hear something I kind of snap back and I find that it kind of stings when I 'snap back'. Maybe I'm crazy? I don't know. It has even happened when I'm just with my friends. I'll feel like I'm walking beside everybody and myself. I'll hear myself talking, but I'll feel like it's somebody else. I can see my arms moving, but I'm looking at my full body moving them like as though I'm infront of a mirror. My friends think I'm nuts.
QueenTas (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
Wow that is very interesting, and I do believe in O.B.E's but like shane said, be very careful, I tried to make myself have an out of body experience once, and I almost died.

So what ever you do be very careful
Margaret (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
Hello,Mrs.Dallinger
I did not have the t.v. On and it was very quiet! Also, no neighbor was knocking on the house, doors or windows. This neighborhood is safe and there's no problems any with noisy neigbors. It sounded as if, a base ball hit the house. The sound I heard, was very strong and powerful! Also, I would like to thank you all for your opinions and it could have been hypnagogic sounds as Martin and Shane had mentioned. I will look into this on the internet. Thanks,again.
Mrs Dallinger (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
Could it be the next door neighbour knocking on the wall?

Mr Dallinger's hearing is not what it was and, as a result, our television set is probably louder than most folk's. He is particularly keen on watching Dial M For Murder in the afternoons and as soon as he turns the volume up a notch the next-door neighbours knock on the wall like lunatics.

Margaret, is there a possibility that your TV was too loud as well?

Yours ever-so-helpfully

Mrs D Dallinger
xXxSpiralxXx (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
there was a time when my family and I were watching television and the side of the house shuddered and we heard a loud bang like a very large bird had flown into the side of the house. We found no evidence of any large birds hitting the house and there was no damage to the area. I've also heard things falling in my kitchen and went up there only to find that everything was in the same order I had left it. I'm not sure why this happens but it doesn't seem to be harmful in any way just strange. Good luck.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
I have to agree with Martin. Some of what I have read on the subject of O.B.Es' or Out of Body Experiences state that on occassion noises and vibrations are caused upon the seperation of the astral body from the physical one. You may have the gift of astral travel and not even know it. If you do and you deceide that you want to explore this area, please be careful. You will not be the only one out there.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
It could have been an hypnagogic sounds, Margaret, it happens, sometimes, when I'm just about to fall asleep, I hear a loud bang just near me. Some say it is an inner noise that hear when your astral body is about to separate from your physical body.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: