You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Lightwood House Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

The Lightwood House Ghosts

 

During Easter break, my family and I traveled to Surry, Virginia so we could stay in the lightwood house (The lightwood house was built in 1739). One night, at about 11:30pm, my brother-in-law and I were sitting in the living room, watching television. As we were sitting there, all of a sudden we got a quick chill and then we heard a whisper and it was right next to us. The whisper only lasted for about 3 seconds, so we thought each other said something, but we didn't. We didn't think anything of it. Then about 5 minutes later, we heard it again. This time, we thought it was my sister, brother, or my parents but they were sleeping. After that, we tried to get it out of our heads. But then about 10 minutes later, we heard talking in the next room over. We got up to look thinking it was my brother messing with us but... Nothing. We thought it was the wind. But then, about 3 minutes later, we heard the talking again and this time, we got sick of it and we yelled at it to shut-up, but I think we made it mad because on either the floor, ceiling, or walls, we heard pounding for about 5 seconds. This time we were really freaked and ready to go to bed, but right before we turned off the T.V. it started to flicker on and off, along with the one light inside the other room.

We both yelled and asked it to please stop and let our family be. It stopped and didn't happen again for the rest of our stay.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
Hi Tyler If you wanted it to stop you don't shout at them/it. You talk to it nicely like you talk to other people. The only reason it got mad was that you were in it/there house and that you were shouting at it/them. Its a really interesting story. If you wanted it to leave you alone then say please leave. Thanks for sharing your story with us.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
Very interesting story. It just goes to prove a point I have made several times. Don't try and force a spirit to do anything. It quite often has the opposite effect. Asking in a polite manner as if speaking to an actual person gets results better than try to force it to do something. Think about it, would you do something if some one was trying to force you to? Some might say yes, but I am willing to bet that the majority say No. Thank you for sharing your story with us Tyler.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: