You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Strange Dark Figure

Real Ghost Stories

The Strange Dark Figure

 

This is my story and I swear this is completely true. Well when I was 16 my family moved into new house. When we were moving in, whenever I went to the house I got this strange feeling, like I was being watched, but none of my siblings felt it, so I brushed the feeling off. So the first night we stayed in our new house, I had just gotten into bed, I couldn't get to sleep, because it was strange, sleeping in a new house, so I stared out of my door into the doorway for some reason trying to get to sleep I suppose and I could hear this sort of whooshing sound and I saw a dark coloured figure float past my door. At first I thought it was my little brother in his cape trying to scare me, but when I got up to see if it was him, he was in a deep sleep. What I saw wasn't him. I kept seeing this figure every night I stayed in my new house. But it didn't try to hurt me or anything all it did was walk past my room. I tried to follow it once, but when I went outside my door, it was gone! After that night I tried to follow the figure, I never saw it again.

Thanks for reading, Banana Bender.

Please leave comments and I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the story. And I'd like to hear what your opinion of my story is.

Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Banana-Bender, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LaceyWacey (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-14)
your experience is similar to one of my own.
Did it walk? Could you hear footsteps or did it sort of...glide?
Sergeant (3 stories) (98 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-06)
Thanks for the account Banana-Bender. That experience must have been very creepy and scary!
blued1 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-06)
I have had similar experiences. When I stayed at my daughter's house, I saw 3 shadowy figures. I was sleeping and I got the sense of something, not quite right, so I woke up quickly and all three were peering into my face. They were black figures and I could sense they were men. When I woke up they stepped backwards into the dark and disappeared.

I think you have evil spirits in your home. I think you might have some object, either left in the home, or something you got maybe from a garage sale. Since the incidents have ceased you may not have to do anything. If they happen again you will need to research, your home and material items. Common items are dolls, movies, jewelry, something shiny, gold or silver plating.

Another daughter of mine had problems and she didn't tell me about them. She was scared people would think she was pyscho. I bought some stuff from her rummage sale. Everything I got from there, seemed to be infected with evil spirits, even a chrome chair she had purchased new and put I this apartment. She also noticed bad smells, heard voices, had bad dreams. I got rid of everything...from her house and my experiences stopped!
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-06)
A shadow person, perhaps is what you seen and followed. Thanks for sharing your story, I do believe you and if you need any help with this, contact me. I'll be glad to help if I can. Take care!
Joojoodolly (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-06)
Thats pretty creepy! I don't know what it could be, but at least it wasn't bad. I had a similiar experience once. It was really odd. I will post it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: