You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Hair Lady

Real Ghost Stories

The Hair Lady

 

My mum is a hairdresser but she only does it on the side of her usual job (working with my dad) for friends and family etc. When I was younger, my mum would do the hair of this little old lady who lived alone. Sometimes my mum would drag me and my sisters to this old lady's house while she cut her hair because there was no one to look after us.

Eventually this old lady died in her sleep at her house. Of course the house was sold. A few months after this, my mum went to our neighbors Body Shop Party. After awhile, all the women got talking and my mum realized that one of the women there had actually moved into the old lady's house. This women (Julie) revealed to my mum that she thought the house was haunted and poltergeist activity like plates being thrown, radios turned on and off were happening. Also, Julie's son said that an old lady would stand at the end of his bed at night. My mum asked julie to describe the ghost and it was an exact description of the old lady! My mum then told Julie that an old lady she knew had lived and died there.

This julie was so scared she eventually got someone from the local church to come bless or what ever it is they do to the house! After that everything stopped!

Other hauntings by ErinT

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Brittany (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
First off, Chicano, what in the hell are you talking about? Re-read the story. It was mentioned that the ghost the person seen fit the description of the woman who died in the house.
Secondly, when a person dies in a place they are really attached to they sometimes stay. Most of the time they will go about their business and leave you alone. I would check and see if they maybe started some remodeling. That can cause a ghost to start becoming active. When you change the enviroment that they were used to they get upset and start causing a scene. I wouldn't worry much though. Good luck.
chicano457 (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
why do you all think its the old lady. Think a little how can you all experts be one hundred % its the old lady. How can you all say its the old lady when you don`t even understand the life we are living in. How can you all say it was joe that died there long time ago or so on. But of course you all are experts you all gone there know the secerts of the other world came back from the dead and wrote a book... Only stupid people make them self to be somthing when they are not .
Brianna (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-19)
Go figure why the old woman would want to hang out there? Must've been real attached to it huh. Good thing Julie got the local church to bless the place.
Nothing a good blessing can't help.
Jorsan (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
Thats cool but I have a dead deer at the end of my bed. Jk but that's intense no joke. Honest to god. I like cheese. I have ADD.sorry
jessy (6 stories) (35 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
That seems odd... Usually blesssings don't do anything. Occasionally, it helps if you have a weak demon, but not a ghost.
Samantha (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
I hate it when people get priests and what not to bless their house. Ghosts are not evil they are like us, they just want a place in our world. To think that we are any more "good" or any better than them or that they are evil is just WRONG. You should respect them just as you would respect any person you know.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
Sounds as if the little old lady wasn't ready to move on just yet. Sometime when people pass away they don't even realize it. They go on "living" as if nothing happened. By having the church come in and do a blessing she may have finally figured out what was happening and crossed over.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: