You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Cousins Double

Real Ghost Stories

My Cousins Double

 

When I was younger I used to sleep over my aunt's house because my mam used to babysit my cousin's every Sunday night for my aunty to work. I used to love it as me and my cousin's are similar ages so we get on really well.

I used to sleep top and tail with my cousin Nathan. That night we went to bed around 9.30pm where we played on the playstation until 10pm when my mother would shout up "time to go to sleep" so we turned the playstation off and settled down to sleep. I woke up through the night and saw my cousin Nathan walking towards the door so I followed him where he made way to my aunt's room, the room where my mother was sleeping. I called his name at least three times but he didn't acknowledge me. I woke my mother up through calling my cousins name she said " what's wrong? " no longer was my cousin there I said " I saw Nathan he was just here" so we both went to my cousins bedroom and he was in bed fast asleep. It was definitely my cousin Nathan I saw that night.

Was it just my imagination? Or has anyone else ever experienced anything like this?

It happened to me when I was 11 years old and I'm now 20 and to this day I can't find an explanation.

If someone has experienced a similar thing please let me know as it will give me an answer after all these years.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gaga, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

deicer (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-13)
Actually a similar experience happened to my sister one night. She was in her room asleep when she claimed that I came into her room and told her to go over which she did. She told me she felt someone lay down on the side of her. When she woke up in the morning no one was beside her but she was still on one side of the bed. I was still fast asleep in my bed on the opposite side of the hallway in my room. I hadn't left my room that night not even to goto the bathroom. So when she told me all of this the next day I was in awe. It wasn't me who told her to go over and she beleives that, however she said the person who told her to go over sounded just like me... Strange isn't it?
Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-13)
you should consider the lost twin idea I think... I remember a study which states that many psychically gifted people were meant to be twins but their brother or sister died in the womb. However that twin had a soul and that endures, will attach itself to it's living sibling and provide a link between the living sibling and spirit world. People with are subject to this may have had a very persistent 'imaginary friend' as a young child or been the subject of poltergeist activity.

This twin spirit can sometimes appear independent of it's twin and to other people. My own twin (at least that's who I think it is) has appeared to other people and been confused for me on more than one occassion, resembling me exactly in appearances years apart (when my hair length and beard changed significantly, as well as my style of dressing).

Think of twin telepathy except between realms...
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-12)
First off... I have not met any ones of accounts of seeing people in their astral travel form completely. Most astral forms of people seem like shadows, no different from ghosts. Full apparitions are usually memories of people still stuck around.
A lot of Astral travel happens in other dimensions as well. If you had seen your cousin in his astral form, he should of been aware of you as well.
You could also ask your cousin if he had "dreamed" of anything that night that he could remember
Yestarday my nephew had seen my little brother in the forest when we were on the balcony. I didn't see it in time. After a few seconds my little brother came next to us...
Doppleganger maybe, though they normally appear many times, astral traveler I don't know
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-12)
I really doubt it is any of this "doppleganger" business people are saying. It was night time - he was asleep - that is when we tend to astrally project.
ghostmedia (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-12)
This COULD be your imagination, especially if you were tired. Seeing doubles is quite common, but have you ever seen it again? If you have there is a slightly larger possibility it was. Have you told your cousin about this? You could ask him if he could do this, because some people can. Whatever you decide to do, good luck! Beccca 😊
77believer (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-11)
Wow! I'm sure that really was your cousin's double! Maybe you should keep trying to contact him until he answers. This may not work, but it's worth a try.
Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-10)
I have a doppleganger too... I saw him once in Barcelona with my then girlfriend... He was stood in the next carriage to us and saw us too... He didn't seem shocked as I was though... Just interested.

He's been seen independantly of me too though, three times... Once I got into trouble with my then partner as she thought I was ignoring her when she saw him on the street... Another time he waved to and said hello to my then mother-in-law even though I was in another city, miles away... Every time, the people who see him are 100% certain it's me... Despite my hair and facial hair changing over the years he's always resembled me exactly.

You might look into 'missing twin' or lost twin phenomenon too... Turned out in my case that it could be a manifestation of my lost twin brother.
haterandloverofghosts (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-10)
Yeh, as Wardo said, it may be a doppelganger! I don't know what else it could be! 😁
gaga (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-09)
thanks for your comments and at least I'm not the only 1 who has had this type of experience. I Heard before on a tv program that our spirits to wonder at night, is this true?
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
Have you heard of a doppelganger? In the metaphysical world, it means one's double. It is actually kind of a common phenomena, but usually people see their own double. I guess it wouldn't be unheard of to see another's double, but I haven't really heard of anything like this until now. You might want to look up doppelganger, though, it could provide you with some clarity.
EnergyTwinkles (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
This is so strange but, yes, it has happened to me as well. I lived in a house that was set on the back of the lot. I was out with the dog when I saw my husband wearing the navy blue jacket he always wore just seem to glide down the long gangway and walk to the back of house. I called to him but he just kept walking. When I went back inside the house I found that he was in the bathroom and had been there all the time. So who was the double of him walking down the gangway? To this day, I can't figure out what this phenomenon is or how it is even possible. But like you, I know what I saw.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-08)
Could have very well been his spirit in astral travel - you happened to see it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: