You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man In The Road

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In The Road

 

My siblings and I have always had the ability to hear and see spirits. Normally, I have seen fleeting images or more often, heard voices and noises about places. While I worked in an office where strange things happened due to a mischievous spirit, and experienced her turning on and off lights and shutting doors, I only caught a mere glimpse of her sitting at a desk one day, after which she quickly disappeared. I have often been "visited" by relatives gone to the other side, but its always been a voice, or an image caught from the corner of my eyes.

Once a week I have lessons at night at a music studio. A few weeks back I was driving home around 9pm, a time when most pedestrians are off the streets in our little Northern California town. As I was coming up to an intersection, I saw a young man standing in the left hand turn lane. I immediately thought, "What the hell is he doing standing there! He's going to get hit". As I flashed the high beams, he disappeared from sight. When I came up to the intersection, I took a long look and could not see anyone near the intersection at all. The figure was very defiant and I realized I had seen a very substantial ghost.

Why he was there and why he was so angry and defiant in his stance I'll never know. Why he felt he needed to appear to me is uncertain. I've only lived in this town for about 8 years and have very little history here. As far as I know, there are no stories about that particular section of road. I have not seen him since.

Other hauntings by CA_NJGirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CA_NJGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CA_NJGirl (6 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-05)
Becca--I'll post up the office story soon I promise; its pretty fascinating. Its probably the most haunted place I've ever worked!
ghostmedia (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-14)
The man was probably there because he got killed there, by a car I expect. It is usually said that ghosts do not like lights, so that's why spooking happen in the night. I am very intreiged by the office story, have you posted what happened on here?
Hope this helps, Beccca http://www.ghostmedia.webs.com

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: