You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Bad Workplace

Real Ghost Stories

Bad Workplace

 

I have recently changed jobs but before that happened, I was working at this place for about 3 and a half years. Now, I have heard a lot of stories about the building I worked in and they haven't been very nice, for instance, it used to be a farm run by a man who supposedly killed and tortured people, now I'm a bit of a skeptic when it comes to things like this, that was until about 6 months before I left, when two incidents happened I wish to never experience again.

I was walking through a hallway that leads into another room that we used for storage and it has two doors and the floor itself is tiled so it's easy to hear both the doors open and anyone who happens to walk across the room. This was at about 5pm, I heard what sounded like a man quietly talking to himself and then followed by very loud footsteps, bear in mind that I would have been able to hear the doors open, but there wasn't any sound of any doors before or after it happened.

The other incident I was walking through the same hallway, but this time I happened to see what looked like a tall dark outline of a person standing in the corner of a small room that links up to the hallway. I stopped and looked back into the room and I saw the figure still standing there but without any legs. Now I have heard stories that ghosts are not there to hurt people but this was a different case, the figure that I was staring at suddenly rushed towards me, followed by a faint but harrowing sound of someone screaming like they are in horrible pain.

Skepticism is no longer an issue for me as this was an experience I never wish to encounter ever again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

jiyefuu (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-12)
well you didn't finish the story! What happened after it came over?
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
That's a nice story. I'm used to those things I have had a voice once in my head. I have seen ghosts in my house sometimes they can be catched on my pictures. 😊my dreams come true as well.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-17)
Wonderful story. I would have been terrified as well. Have you had any further activity or incidents?

God Bless!
Brittany (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
You have to remember that people are in death as they were in life. Sounds to me that you just happened to be at the wrong place at the right time. Keep in mind that not all spirits are like this. Some have just stayed behind to keep an eye on their family, or couldn't find the "light", some even act as guides, if you will, for people. Just remember that although it can be scary, there is nothing they can do to hurt you. Good luck with future experiences. And remember, people pay out the butt to try to experience what you did. You got it for free.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
Sounds almost like you are selling tickets to a haunted house there Paul. Not trying to say I don't believe you, its that you have a salesmans quality to your story telling. Almost makes me want to go and visit this site for myself, heck from your discription I would almost be willing to pay for the tour. Which I have done in the past at a few places.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
ERIN TOWNSEND (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
Im not surprised you don't want to experience it again! Hell I bloody wouldnt.! Scare me senseless that would.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: